Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn/Winter FI Charts 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Its happened before :)

DLVde.png

archives-1947-2-2-12-0.png

Still there in the 12z

gfs-0-372_act3.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Still there in the 12z

gfs-0-372_act3.png

A Scandi high to boot !

A Scandi high to boot !

Its a lovely run, not often that FI gives basically the same thing ! Pub run now please !

And where is that chunk of vortex going :eek:

gfsnh-0-384_qow9.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Still there in the 12z

gfs-0-372_act3.png

gfs-2-384_kst7.png

:pac: With winds of 30mph it's safe to say that would be epic! Haha

Im banking the run

Also time for a RAMP ! :pac:

1286532882_ramp-jump-fail.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Don't be fooled by those scrumptious looking charts, half the country is in 850's above -5, with only the North getting anything really below -5. Good for the UK though, with -10 uppers making a welcome appearance to their shores. Not much point pondering too much on them anyway, but a nice synoptic anyway, though a more E/NE component to that wind and we'd be in serious business. Onward and upward from here and hopefully if a Scandi high forms we won't be stuck on the outside looking in again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

But John, this is the Fantasy thread and we can ponder to our hearts content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Redsunset wrote: »
    But John, this is the Fantasy thread and we can ponder to our hearts content.

But not if you're living in the South and all those yummy charts would probably bring rain. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The Jet stream gone for a hop too

231013.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

John.Icy wrote: »
    But not if you're living in the South and all those yummy charts would probably bring rain. ;)

Other variables in that set up suggest other wise, probably wouldn't need -5 850's. Low pressure wold mean the 850hpa level would be at a lower altitude. We would be dragging a lot of surface cold off the continent with very little modification due to the strength of the winds. Continuous intense precipitation would lower the temperature through evaporative cooling, further lowering the snow level. Obviously this analysis is pointless, but still, i would bank that chart anyday!

:)

ECM1-240_odo6.GIF

If like that above you going to like this for Sure :D

231389.png

231391.png

one from the Pub run 18Z

231448.png

:D if only it was not the 18Z :(

231449.png

Well the models have not backed down one bit :D

231465.png

231466.png

From the 00Z GFS

gfs-1-228_dnj4.png

gfs-0-228_ufa1.png

:D

gfs-2-228_opm1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Latest run isn't as nice in FI, cold still comes but leaves much quicker, going to be a lot of changes over the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I know its ECWMF and at 240h but nice eye candy:eek: GFS Look good also fist time i have posted a chart sorry if its to bigECM0-240.GIF?05-12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

Those uppers over the arctic are incredible!!!

In other news, a new tax on snow has been announced. :cool:

• Advertisement

This :)

gfs-0-252_rgi5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Any good Atlantic V Cold Front battles showing up in FI? I think we are due a good one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Spindle wrote: »
    Any good Atlantic V Cold Front battles showing up in FI? I think we are due a good one. :D

Long overdue but usually this means a raging Atlantic taking over for weeks/months! Frontal snow never works in my location anyway but further North it might materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

TBH, sometimes I think I'd rather live in Cork from a snow perspective. At least you know your not going to get it. Tis much worse to be right in the middle of the snow zone on the east coast and still not get it or get it in much smaller amounts than everywhere around you. Bray finds itself in a reasonably unique position on the east coast that usually puts it in the Anglesey shadow from an easterly, at the Southern edge of the IOM shadow from an ENE wind or the Northern edge of the IOM shadow from a NE and the NI shadow from a NNE. Even during 2010 when we happened to get the wind from the exact compass bearing we needed, on all bar 3 days in the whole period the fecking snow trains just happened to line up with My part of Bray in a gap between trains. (The convective cells tend to veer left of right and tuck in behind the one in front like a slipstreaming F1 car, forming trains)

What really bothers me though is the NI seems to get streamers even though the IOM shadow the east coasty gets is double the entire bloody sea track between Scotland and NI!! What the Hell is up with that??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

Calibos wrote: »
    TBH, sometimes I think I'd rather live in Cork from a snow perspective. At least you know your not going to get it. Tis much worse to be right in the middle of the snow zone on the east coast and still not get it or get it in much smaller amounts than everywhere around you. Bray finds itself in a reasonably unique position on the east coast that usually puts it in the Anglesey shadow from an easterly, at the Southern edge of the IOM shadow from an ENE wind or the Northern edge of the IOM shadow from a NE and the NI shadow from a NNE. Even during 2010 when we happened to get the wind from the exact compass bearing we needed, on all bar 3 days in the whole period the fecking snow trains just happened to line up with My part of Bray in a gap between trains. (The convective cells tend to veer left of right and tuck in behind the one in front like a slipstreaming F1 car, forming trains)

What really bothers me though is the NI seems to get streamers even though the IOM shadow the east coasty gets is double the entire bloody sea track between Scotland and NI!! What the Hell is up with that??!!

At 3m asl you're not much more likely than Cork to get snow tbh, regardless of snow shadows!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CrimsonSunrise

Calibos wrote: »
    TBH, sometimes I think I'd rather live in Cork from a snow perspective. At least you know your not going to get it.

Well, more like we know we're less likely to get it, or as extreme an event as the east. But we did get a good few inches in Jan and Dec 2010, not as much as the east of the country. Cork has done well in the past from low pressure systems to the south pushing into the easterly cold airmass causing frontal snowfall.

But yeah, I think we don't get our hopes up as much about snow down here! I'm certainly not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

gfs-0-240.png?12

gfs-0-360.png?12?12

Who needs snow when you can have storms :pac:

Edit:

gfs-0-300.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Current charts for around 90HRS, a lot of the new people that winter attracts like to see the colours, they love Blue regardless of what it means :pac: Because God knows I love blue with plenty of pink in a winter chart :)

gensnh-0-3-90.png?18

gfs-1-90.png?18

ECM0-96.GIF?06-0

ECH0-96.GIF?06-0

nogaps-2-90.png?07-01

Slight move West and Happy Christmas !! ha :D

gfs-0-384_mly1.png

gfs-1-384_hir6.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

xmas eve 12_384_windvector.png?cb=91812_384_uksnow.png?cb=91812_384_ukthickness.png?cb=91812_384_mslp850.png?cb=918uksnowrisk.png

Advertisement