Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple TV 5.1 Update Now Available

• 24-09-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

New update for owners of the Apple TV 2 & 3. Bringing it up to 5.1. Some notable features are shared photo streams, switch between iTunes accounts, send audio from the Apple TV to Airplay-enabled speakers and devices, and the ability to reorder icons on the second page by holding down the select button on the remote.

Full details via 9To5Mac below:

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/24/apple-releases-apple-tv-update-ios-5-1-10a406e/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

DubDJ wrote: »
    New update for owners of the Apple TV 2 & 3. Bringing it up to 5.1. Some notable features are shared photo streams, switch between iTunes accounts, send audio from the Apple TV to Airplay-enabled speakers and devices, and the ability to reorder icons on the second page by holding down the select button on the remote.

Full details via 9To5Mac below:

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/24/apple-releases-apple-tv-update-ios-5-1-10a406e/

Nothing there that would make me want to give away my jail break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Nothing there that would make me want to give away my jail break.

Don't you dear update it :P

The only thing stopping me from buying an ATV 3 is that you can't JB it

• Registered Users Posts: 18 joker jonboy

Hi , I got an apple tv3 yesterday to mirror my iPad 3
    I have them both on same wifi network, both upgraded to latest updates yesterday , rebooted both and I still can't get airplay icon on iPad
    Any help you could give me would be great

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hi , I got an apple tv3 yesterday to mirror my iPad 3
    I have them both on same wifi network, both upgraded to latest updates yesterday , rebooted both and I still can't get airplay icon on iPad
    Any help you could give me would be great

Cheers

Double tap the home button. When the multi-tasking bar pops up at the bottom slide your finger to the right of it. It then shows the airplay icon there. Is that what you've been doing to access it?

Double tap the home button. When the multi-tasking bar pops up at the bottom slide your finger to the right of it. It then shows the airplay icon there. Is that what you've been doing to access it?

yeah i tried it just the volume and brightness control no airplay icon

• Advertisement

What about the remote control app? Are you able to use that with the Apple TV? Does it recognise it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

In the short term, try rebooting your router.

What about the remote control app? Are you able to use that with the Apple TV? Does it recognise it?

nope doesn't recognise remote or home sharing but all are activated in iTunes on pc and on iPad . tried rebooting router a few times too.... ani ideas mate.???

nope doesn't recognise remote or home sharing but all are activated in iTunes on pc and on iPad . tried rebooting router a few times too.... ani ideas mate.???

Sounds like the problem lies with the router your using. Maybe there's a setting you have switched on that's preventing it. Try it at a friends or even borrow one of those mobile hotspots to try identify the source of the problem. Or another option is reset the router to factory settings and try it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I thought the ability to switch iTunes accounts would make life easier for switching between my Irish and USA account.... but it doesn't seem to work very well! I think it's only useful if your accounts are all tied to the same region. Mine seems to get its knickers in a twist if I try to switch from one to the other due to the "This account is only valid for purchases in Ireland / USA" error message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I thought the ability to switch iTunes accounts would make life easier for switching between my Irish and USA account.... but it doesn't seem to work very well! I think it's only useful if your accounts are all tied to the same region. Mine seems to get its knickers in a twist if I try to switch from one to the other due to the "This account is only valid for purchases in Ireland / USA" error message.

Same here. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That's a pity. Shame it's not like the regular iTunes where it automatically switches you to the store that the email address is valid for

I only ever use my US account on my ATV (better content, slightly cheaper) so I'm wondering what do people who have both Irish and American accounts use their Irish one for on the ATV. Is there much there that isn't in the American store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

I know this may sound stupid, but have you AirPlay enabled on the Apple TV? It's in the Settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

That's a pity. Shame it's not like the regular iTunes where it automatically switches you to the store that the email address is valid for

I only ever use my US account on my ATV (better content, slightly cheaper) so I'm wondering what do people who have both Irish and American accounts use their Irish one for on the ATV. Is there much there that isn't in the American store?

99% of the time I do the same. The USA content is much better. But the Irish store does get the odd thing that you might not see on US store, Irish/uk made films for example. So I occasionally switch back to the Irish store to see if there's anything new on it.

Sounds like the problem lies with the router your using. Maybe there's a setting you have switched on that's preventing it. Try it at a friends or even borrow one of those mobile hotspots to try identify the source of the problem. Or another option is reset the router to factory settings and try it again.
    thanks for your help mate I will give it a go.

curly.bert wrote: »

I know this may sound stupid, but have you AirPlay enabled on the Apple TV? It's in the Settings
    I do . . I wish it was something that easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

It switches between the iTunes stores fine for me :confused: once I changed the location when I added the account initially. Now it changes between the Irish/US stores automatically when I switch accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Try this...not sure it if its a proper solution though

1) play a song on your iPad
    2) tap the 'expand art' icon next to the album art - this turns on full screen mode
    3) you should see the airplay icon, below the song progress bar.

or you could have device conflicts, switch everything off and turn them on in sequence, checking each time a device is added.

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

I used to have awful trouble with my last router in that it intermittently disabled Airplay. A restart generally worked.

Have you a Firewall on the router? AFAIK AirPlay uses ports 7000 and 7100 to communicate. If these are disabled or blocked on your router, AirPlay won't work. Might be worth investigating?

Here's a thread that might be worth reading https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3846783?start=0&tstart=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

What router do you have?

If its Eircom Zyxel router then good luck getting it working esp with the older firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,647 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Eircom modems suck especially with apple products, although I do think there is a firmware update available.

brav wrote: »

What router do you have?

If its Eircom Zyxel router then good luck getting it working esp with the older firmware.

yep that's the problem I found out after few days of trying to sort it . I'll pick up a new router .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

yep that's the problem I found out after few days of trying to sort it . I'll pick up a new router .

An Airport Express might be worth picking up - use it in combo with your eircom modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciaranharris

This two-step process is the only sure fire way for me to switch between IE / USA accounts:

1. Change store location
    2. Switch to the other account.

Otherwise the Apple TV has a hissy fit.

Advertisement