Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genisis/DID clones

Options
  • 24-09-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey Folks..l/time lurking..time to type :)

http://vapourhut.com/atomisers-cartomisers/Rebuildables/VH-Genesis

Im itching to get a genisis type atomiser without splashin out on a more reputable model.So ive come across the one above and its sold out for the past week.It seems from uk forums that when V-hut get stock again it will be snapped up.
    Has anyone come across one on their browsing travels?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Payday came too late to get one the first time, a day late :(
    Hoping to catch one this time but payday isn't today and I must wait with fingers crossed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh they're back in stock?

damn.. im tempted.. but also dont want to spend any money

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

pkjnr wrote: »
    Hey Folks..l/time lurking..time to type :)

http://vapourhut.com/atomisers-cartomisers/Rebuildables/VH-Genesis

Im itching to get a genisis type atomiser without splashin out on a more reputable model.So ive come across the one above and its sold out for the past week.It seems from uk forums that when V-hut get stock again it will be snapped up.
    Has anyone come across one on their browsing travels?:)

Back in stock now so ordered one this evening. Most of the Genesis type atomisers I've seen are too dear and on a waiting list so took a punt on this for £25. It's a mini-DID clone but apparently the DID has a very airy draw (not like) and this one doesn't. Here's a review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvFZwZECjOQ&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pkjnr

I got one yesterday,when the 2nd batch were released...im lookin forward to playin around with it..but i think its gonna be hard to beat the vivi-nova..

I also picked up this from spain...
    https://ssl.1and1.es/vapspain.com/shop/article_At-Bulli%2520A2/Atomizador-reparable-System-Bulli-A2-(copia).

I just want to get to a point where im self sufficent(to a point)!!:)

that second one is the vh510 dripper from vapourhut isnt it?

• Advertisement

S.D.C.C.;
    that second one is the vh510 dripper from vapourhut isnt it?

No, it's the RTA bullie copy from Vaper Hut. ego rebuildable and a dozen other names.
    The dripper from vaper hut is a phoenix copy and works fine, the tank one can be used as a dripper if you get the right drip tip but tbh it's not worth the bother as the actual dripper is only 15 quid and it kinda deafeats the purpose of buying a tank in the firt place.

http://vapourhut.com/atomisers-cartomisers/Rebuildables/VH-510-Rebuild

nah i meant this one, but they're not the same anyway

i havent been able to see anything on the differences between this one and the phoenix copy

Yeah, extra bit of metal, should have come with another to convert it to a tank but someone chickened out I think.

Decent dripper tho, and that one has the screws on the side so might be easier to get the wire into the holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Just picked one up yesterday :D ... and I got it for 14.91 Euro (God I love Asia sometimes w00t!) every Vape shop here is carrying them by the truckload since last week under various names, DID Clone, Genesis Mini, DUD mini, RA Genesis, Atom Bomb, bully v4 etc ...

Unfortunately a gust of wind took the .21 kanthal that came with it out the window (nooooooooo!) I've tried with .16 but its an almost continuous circle of shorts, coil burn out, redo coil, wick adjustments etc ...it sure looks like it'll take a bit of time to get used to setting it up right, new Kanthal arrives Tuesday and guessing that the thicker gauge will help on the blown coils front.

All I can say at this point is they are really REALLY well made, and when I did get it working it tasted great although the air hole does not seem to line up with the wick, so as suggested on ecig forum I'll sand a wee bit off the base of the top cap with some 200 grit to get it lining up properly.

Spent a while last night trying to set it up. The screws are a disaster with a tiny allen key. I lost the filling screw which doesn't matter as you're not supposed to use it afaik...but then you can't carry it about or use it on an ego in case it falls over. Made up a wick and it refused to fire. After checking everything took it apart and found that both isolators were worn so improvised with some cut down plastic carto tips. Fired then and somehow I managed to have made a coil without any hotspots...4 turns, 1.5ohmn. Got a massive throat hit, hardly any flavour and not much vapour. The air hole was at the opposite end to the wick so had to sand down the top cap to get it level. Amazing difference...now it vapes incredibly well, loads of vapour and flavour better than a Vivi. Probably worth the money as it performs great but a lot of work to get it going and I'm not looking forward to putting in a new coil with those horrible screws.

• Advertisement

I got my new Kanthal tonight and set it up tonight, honestly I didn't have an issue with the screws used the technique used on ecig reviews (link below) although that filling screw is just plain silly and with it in I found wicking just did not work surely they could have added an external filling hole with a thumbscrew that would fit a regular bottle nozzle somehow (maybe I'll mod)?

I also had to do the sanding trick, about 3 mins with 1200 grit on a flat surface so the air hole lines up with the wick made a HUGE difference.

Big Vapour, bit throat hit and for the price could not really go wrong - but improvements could be made to the device easily that would make it less of a niche.

I reckon pre-wrapped "replaceable" wick genesis models will start to show up pretty soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvFZwZECjOQ

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Tempted to get one from Peleon in Poland because they only €19.75 with very cheap post - hate the 10 day wait though.

could you link the page on peleon? been looking on the site and even translated to english it's a confusing place

--edit

http://www.peleon.pl/product.php?id_product=1844
    oh, here it is

the site said it was a bulli clone

Yeah they are saying the same on some vendors sites over this side of the world as well...looks like they will be the hot seller for a while with the number of manufacturers doing them in china.

God I feel like an idiot with the number of clearomizers I've bought in the past year !

Edit* and now I want a telescope mech mod instead of the Rev3

was.deevey wrote: »
    Yeah they are saying the same on some vendors sites over this side of the world as well...looks like they will be the hot seller for a while with the number of manufacturers doing them in china.

[/SIZE]

Might just be a generic name for rebuildables over there. Yeah, I watched Todd's review and very helpful it was too. Most people seem to have got ones with misaligned air holes but it's no big problem to fix that. I think I was just unlucky to get crap screws and isolators but fixed now. I'm sure I had beginners luck making my first coil so hope it will last a while.

Excellent flavor, excellent vapor, but my god it drinks juice like I never thought possible !

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pkjnr

I recieved mine on monday,and spent the evening setting it up-so i got it runnin eventually with an unwanted juice-so ill really test it when i pick up some Dekang tommorow...Its very top heavy on top of the mini-lavatube,but im glad i got it.Just plenty of research and watch you-tube vidoes!...I definitely enjoy the trial and error part of it...
    The Bulli-clone i got was much easier to set up and feels more suited to the mini-lava tube...Still waiting for an irish vendor to stock the genisis clone??..whats the hold up??

After making what I thought was the perfect coil (more by accident that design) the taste of the juice took a turn for the worse last night. I checked and noticed for whatever reason I now had two hot spots. I tried recoiling with the drillbit method....a disaster...and went ahead with just winding and the taste and flavour is back to where it was now. This definitely is a high maintenance device...but worth it when it works.

Definetly want to go with a mech mod to go with the Genesis. My Rev3 - while great and works beautifully with Clearomizers and tanks makes impossible to get the Genesis rigged up as it shutting off at the slightest tiniest short (most go away within a split second once a layer of juice burns in anyhow) making me need to take the batteries out every few seconds to reset the damn thing.

Only way I've been able to rig it so far is with an old Ego battery to iron out any coil issues before transferring it -grrrrrr

Frustrating at first, but once you taste it doing its thing properly anything else tastes like dog poo.

Advertisement