Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 2012 - 9th - 11th November, The Helix, DCU

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Deskmenu wrote: »
    learnt a lot while I was there, especially from D4RK ONION.

It was a great day and I look forward to doing it again soon, though next time I'll try and not drop all of my combos :/

Irish players are renowned for dropping their **** and getting blown up by Dhalsim, Italian sims in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

New Dudley player here, GGs to everyone I played. Had a lot of fun at the tournament and learnt a lot while I was there, especially from D4RK ONION.

It was a great day and I look forward to doing it again soon, though next time I'll try and not drop all of my combos :/

Good Aidan?

GGs! I'm the Deejay you played.
    Looking forward to our match being uploaded, I remember it being pretty close.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Nutrient wrote: »
    Irish players are renowned for dropping their **** and getting blown up by Dhalsim, Italian sims in particular

see that would mean a lot more coming from someone who didn't also get ocv'd on the main stage :eek::p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

New Dudley player here, GGs to everyone I played. Had a lot of fun at the tournament and learnt a lot while I was there, especially from D4RK ONION.

Ah thank goodness you found us, I wanted to chat with you on Sunday about the scene but I never saw you. Hopefully you'll be able to show up to a few of the Tempests and casuals. Keep on eye on the forum for the the threads.

With a bit of experience your Dudley could be owning all the langers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deskmenu

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ah thank goodness you found us, I wanted to chat with you on Sunday about the scene but I never saw you. Hopefully you'll be able to show up to a few of the Tempests and casuals. Keep on eye on the forum for the the threads.

With a bit of experience your Dudley could be owning all the langers.

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to get to the games room, had to catch my bus back to Cork.
    GGs! I'm the Deejay you played.
    Looking forward to our match being uploaded, I remember it being pretty close.

I remember getting beaten pretty free :D, but I still had a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

I remember getting beaten pretty free :D, but I still had a lot of fun.

You took the first game off me pretty decisively, so it definitely went to the third game of the set.

I also commentated the match where you beat Onion's Ryu in the first round.

You had a very strong first tournament! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I also commentated on some of the dudley matches but I spent most of the time talking **** because he sent me down to losers Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

how many people entered Marvel and AE? How many new players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

2gen wrote: »

We had about 18 for Marvel and 25 for AE. I can't remember the exact numbers! All of them would be "new" players (in that they're not involved in this scene) apart from Onion, Doom, Ladno, Fergus, Nutrient, Naphiel, UberPrinny, Xinkai and Lythero.

2gen wrote: »

Heard 21 AE players

Marvel had 16 i think

1 new AE player (dudley) and a marvel guy to my knowledge that were interested in the FGC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Konata wrote: »
    We had about 18 for Marvel and 25 for AE. I can't remember the exact numbers! All of them would be "new" players (in that they're not involved in this scene) apart from Onion, Doom, Ladno, Fergus, Nutrient, Naphiel, UberPrinny, Xinkai and Lythero.

Konata pls, I didn't enter either! I play GOOD games :3 :pac:

Xinkai wrote: »
    I play GOOD games :3 :pac:

You play BlazBlue

Your arguement is invalid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I remember getting beaten pretty free :D
    Don't worry, since I left Cork they're all mad free down there anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Sairus wrote: »
    Don't worry, since I left Cork they're all mad free down there anyway. :pac:

Hard man talking trash where he thinks we wouldn't see it! :P

Next Tempest will more than likely be in two weeks time. Always nice to see new faces so do drop in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Marvel play was very good from what I've seen. Gj nutrient lee and onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Stay in front of the boat Fergus! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Priceless video. Everyone here must see this.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Man I got them sick moves :D

I should have been in those Dance Central finals!

I'm coming for your championship title Onion!

shirt_vgc_shomeyomoves_MED.jpg

Lythero wrote: »

So from the tourney results so far from that day

2-3 lee(w) losers bracket Lee Vs Onion

2-3 Onion(w) winners bracket Lee Vs Onion

Even it seems

Video of Onion taped by Lee 100-0 Lee(w)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Lythero wrote: »

you and your partner seemed to lack co-ordination, and the free style part was definitely lacking. Although you did follow the dance routine pretty well.

I give it a solid 6

Advertisement