Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winalot

• 24-09-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Are these treats any good?

latest_new_winalot_shapes.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

No treats are good, that's why they're called treats:D.

They're grand for giving as the occasional treat, but I wouldn't use them as a training treat, they're too dry and your dog may have to keep going for water. I have used them or markies as bedtime treats (mine love the markies) but use things like little bits of shredded chicken or tiny cubes of cheese for training treats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

As said above I would'nt use them as training treats. I use these but again only as bedtime treats. When I say "In to bed to get your treats" and they see the box, they are gone into their bed's like bullets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

..as a kid..used to eat Winalot out of the bag..although it was the plain dried stuff..and tasted pretty good...so they probably taste good too lol.
    If it's as a training treat sometimes tiny bits of cheese or chicken work really well. Mine eat anything but they like raw carrots and I have been known to scatter frozen peas about (when there's no fresh wild rabbit poop around for them to eat) when the treat cupboard is bare.
    Or you can bake your own, it's really quick and easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I use them and no probs - the same with Bonios. I always take a few on walks for a special treat eg when I call my dog back, when he walks past the locked park gate in the morning instead of crying at it lol or at the last set of traffic lights when he sits and waits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

tk123 wrote: »
    I use them and no probs - the same with Bonios. I always take a few on walks for a special treat eg when I call my dog back, when he walks past the locked park gate in the morning instead of crying at it lol or at the last set of traffic lights when he sits and waits :)

This is why I got em lol for our training. Usually get treats from local pet shop but decided to try these for a change. Seem pretty good.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I go for Coachies for training, I think they're only 1cal per treat. Anything else is a 'supper treat' for bedtime.

Don't ask me why they get supper, I don't even get supper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Dunny wrote: »
    tk123 wrote: »

This is why I got em lol for our training. Usually get treats from local pet shop but decided to try these for a change. Seem pretty good.:)

You can break the star up into a good few pieces an the bone, fish and house in 2. The flower (is it a flower lol?!) always just smashes if I try and break it lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭nachocheese

<snip>

Mod note: Please refer to my PM.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Yeah thanks..

Advertisement