Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

buffalo wrote: »
    Also, there was a small scattering of cornflakes inside the carpark, on the ramp. Was someone still eating breakfast behind the wheel when they reached the office? And then somehow, on a straight section of roadway, manage to spill them out of their window? What happened here...

Cornflakes box up the jumper, Galibier-style. Extracted on arrival at office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

pretty wild in Dublin this morning, high winds and sleet out to city west, got some respite in the shelter of the strawberry beds then it was in your face manky sleet to the job. Nice and cosy when I arrived with the exception of my feet - my goretex boots can't come quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

pretty rotten allright - from the phoenix park down the quays, wind and sleet in the face, nice and wet when i got to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

This is one morning when I wish I had signed on to the wimp list. Had to cut my training session short though, the gusty cross winds and the snow storm like consitions would have made descending Cruagh a tad suicidal. There was also a good layer of all sorts of crap on the road, saw a wheelie bin tipped over by the wind, might explain that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Gave it a miss today. Cross wind on Clontarf last night was very tough so I imagine this morning it was a lot worse (my excuse anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

This morning was one of the most unpleasant cycles into work, ever. Strong headwind and lashing freezing rain. Couldn't feel my fingers when I was trying to lock my bike up in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Walnutsink

Worst morning in two years of cycling, thought I'd never get in to work! Really not looking forward to the way home!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Easily the worst commute ever....should've signed onto the wimp list this morning, would've saved me being sideswiped by a taxi and a swollen finger

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

dermo1990 wrote: »
    Easily the worst commute ever....should've signed onto the wimp list this morning, would've saved me being sideswiped by a taxi and a swollen finger
    I had a similar close encounter with a taxi this morning. Other than that it was grand, shoes are just a bit damp.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Was well happy to have driven in today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Sign me up again - got the train in this morning. But in my defence, it was after half an hour of dry needling in the arse. What a way to start a Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

ciotog wrote: »
    I had a similar close encounter with a taxi this morning. Other than that it was grand, shoes are just a bit damp.

Aside from soaked through shoe covers and a sore finger from hitting off his mirror, all is right with the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Well that was miserable! Looking forward to a tailwind home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Sign me up again - got the train in this morning. But in my defence, it was after half an hour of dry needling in the arse. What a way to start a Friday!
    Had that in my arm for handlebar palsy, can only imagine what it's like in the rear!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Lovely spin in on the N11. Didn't have to pedal for the first mile or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Gave it a miss today. Cross wind on Clontarf last night was very tough so I imagine this morning it was a lot worse (my excuse anyway)

Tis fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Still debating whether to chance it or not, it looks miserable out there...

Ouch, had that done on my knee early last year, don't know whether I preferred the discomfort before or the discomfort during the procedure! At least it works wonders though! What are you getting it done on your arse for? Taking it too much.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Most enjoyable commute in ages. Took the MTB and got blown in. Lots of surface water on the Rock Road which was fun to blast through on the big tires. Everyone going the other way looked feckin miserable so going home should be fun. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

colm_gti wrote: »
    Ouch, had that done on my knee early last year, don't know whether I preferred the discomfort before or the discomfort during the procedure! At least it works wonders though! What are you getting it done on your arse for? Taking it too much.....:P

Everything is super tight in my upper left leg, stemming from a weak lower back. Coming from there, down through the glutes, the quads, and causing me pain in the knee, so this was part of the loosening out. I had it before in the lower back, but getting in the arse is bloody painful! Hopefully it'll be worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I hadn't planned on cycling in today and am glad I didn't. Rock road was really flooded and the cycle home yesterday was miserable enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Only bad thing about this morning really was the snow/sleet being blown into my face. Ten minutes of brainfreeze.

Hopefully the wind stays as it was, twill be a fun spin home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

seamus wrote: »

You know that's not going to happen. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Sign me up, opting for the car instead, cycling up the N2 in that wind would be asking for trouble!

Hopefully it eases off for the club spin in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

T'was interesting. Particularly when the bike would instantaneously move a foot sideways while flaking along with a tailwind. One side of my jacket is a different colour to the other what with the driving rain and all.
    Raam wrote: »
    Tis fine.
    Go on out of that. As far as I can tell, you're invisible to the wind...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

cdaly_ wrote: »
    T'was interesting. Particularly when the bike would instantaneously move a foot sideways while flaking along with a tailwind. One side of my jacket is a different colour to the other what with the driving rain and all.

Go on out of that. As far as I can tell, you're invisible to the wind...

I like when it's this windy. It makes the spin more interesting. Deep section wheels even more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

that fair play to anyone that braves it today Im not even going to chance the walk from house to the garage to use the turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

seamus wrote: »
    Only bad thing about this morning really was the snow/sleet being blown into my face. Ten minutes of brainfreeze.

The wind will die off slightly, but it should stay where it is, the helmet visor was worth it's weight in gold today.

Altura waterproof pants weren't. Anyone suggest a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

The spin in this morning from de nortside wasn't as bad as I had expected. OTOH, the second half of my 80k spin around NCD last night was every bit as bad as I expected. I nearly paid an unscheduled visit to the IKEA car park in the crosswinds on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

It was brainfreeze central this morning, and that headwind made the 17minute commute actually involve real exercise!

Going for pints later as a reward... plus I don't have to cycle home :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Sorry for going OT, but what the hell are your guys talking about 'dry needling in the arse"? Is this some form of new super doping program

Advertisement