Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

buffalo wrote: »
    I have discovered the ultimate cure for this: flip-flops. Completely waterproof, all you need at the other end of your journey is a towel and you're ready to go!

...I'm not sure if cycling in flip-flops is better or worse than wearing work socks.
    Or even SPD sandals. :D

SPDSandals_zpsbd59cab9.jpg
    droidus wrote: »
    Why you dont wear flip flops whilst cycling:

http://imgur.com/A5kTSYV

Warning - URGH!
    Yuck! I think the surgeons will need a sewing machine for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭endacl

droidus wrote: »
    Why you dont wear flip flops whilst cycling:

http://imgur.com/A5kTSYV

Warning - URGH!

Warning not nearly clear enough!!!!

How do I unclick?!?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Great, just in time for the bank holiday DTs.
    WARNING: The warning is not warning you against seeing some bloke wearing speedos and sandels with socks, it is of a seriously mangled foot that is now seared onto the inside of my retina.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lots of wimps today, bicycle racks were empty as i pulled in soaking, usually no room at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Lots of wimps today, bicycle racks were empty as i pulled in soaking, usually no room at all.
    Cycled in as usual, no cyclists around on my route, as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Bike rack as full as it has been all summer at my place. Usually the winter sees it drop off though.

Managed to do 90k but was utterly miserable during it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jeez i was miserable for 5k let alone 90k.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The wimps are out already? The clocks haven't even autumned back yet.

I'm still rocking shorts and a tri top. Like a boss.

shorts and a tshirt in the rain for me, oh baby I was fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Lumen wrote: »
    The wimps are out already? The clocks haven't even autumned back yet.

I'm still rocking shorts and a tri top. Like a boss.

I just need to double check with the other mods if we can ban people for admitting to wearing tri-tops, it. If we can't I need an explanation as to why not as it should be deemed a forbidden topic, uncivil and trolling.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Went with my Aldi €10 superlight rain jacket today. Yeah, it works. Great autumn jacket.

That's the first proper soaking I can recall in like aaaages. It's really refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Got absolutely soaked on the 9km home this avo.
    Had Lidl rain jacket, UA reflective jacket over that & UA tights on.

I don't wear cleats so trainers got soaked.

soaked again on teh way home...and then wet again on the way to work night out, 3 times in one day haha

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I caved. Got the bus this morning, was up all night after the GTA midnight release and had a 2 hour lab at 9.

It was so nice being dry though....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    was up all night after the GTA midnight release and had a 2 hour lab at 9.
    College has changed since my day, we drank all night and then had 2x3 hour labs from 9, young uns today, have it to easy if you ask me.

Cue giving out to Tyrell for game that desensitises people to violence and giving out to me for the unintentional promotion of youth drinking :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    I caved. Got the bus this morning, was up all night after the GTA midnight release and had a 2 hour lab at 9.

It was so nice being dry though....

I presume once you've played it for a few hours you'll be desnsitised to violence and as a consequence you will have hardened he f*** up:)
    CramCycle wrote: »
    College has changed since my day, we drank all night and then had 2x3 hour labs from 9, young uns today, have it to easy if you ask me.

Cue giving out to Tyrell for game that desensitises people to violence and giving out to me for the unintentional promotion of youth drinking :pac:

btw - in my day it was go to college, work a shift in the bar, go out with the lads from the bar to a certain nightclub in a hotel in D4 - Leeson Street - the Northbrook - then finishing at the Manhattan for brekkie - then back to college. Unless it was a Saturday in which case it was the Dockers or Delaney's for an early pint!! If I tried that now I'd die :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

"up all night after the GTA midnight release"

In the near distant future I'm sure someone will figure out how to hook up the turbo trainer into a video game so you can take part in the action cycling style. Tie it into strava for some difficult segments and everyone will be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭merc230ce

Is that not what 'Sufferfest' tries to do? Kinda?
    And there's a Zombie Run app that plays sound effects of zombies chasing you to provide motivation :)

Didn't think I'd be adding my name to this in August! :eek:

Looked out the window at 6am and decided to go back to bed for 30 mins and take the car to work.

Listening to the rain pelting down outside at the moment, I may do the same tomorrow morning. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Didn't think I'd be adding my name to this in August! :eek:

Looked out the window at 6am and decided to go back to bed for 30 mins and take the car to work.

Listening to the rain pelting down outside at the moment, I may do the same tomorrow morning. :o

Only thing is that its not cold. The same weather in winter and nobody would be on the bike today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

I cycled into work. The little rainstorm over 3km didn't seem too bad compared to near-hypothermia after 115km in the torrential conditions on Saturday.

I did take the lift up from the basement to the first floor though.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not a cat in hells chance today. Had some thoughts about heading in but when I heard the rain the final decision was rapidly made ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Rain + sore legs from weekend = wimping out today..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'm off my bike for a week to relieve some, ekhem, perineal compression issues. To keep myself in shape I decided to run to work instead (no, I can't swim to work, I simply can't swim). Did 10k on Sunday and then 2x3km yesterday.

Woke up today. Legs and other involved muscles in bits. Feckit, rule #5, I'm going.

What's that noise? Looked outside.

Wimped. Did I say I can't swim?

Shame and relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

5 degrees this morning. Bejesus. :0

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Pinch Flat wrote: »

Yeah it was the first cold morning for a while but no reason to sign up to the wimp list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

godtabh wrote: »
    Yeah it was the first cold morning for a while but no reason to sign up to the wimp list.
    Not at all. One hour of enjoyable commuting. Lovely morning, still in summer shorts :D. OK, the knee warmers were on ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Pinch Flat wrote: »

Always amazes me the difference in temp once you go a couple of miles inland or up a bit away from the coast in Dublin. Left house near Dun Laoghaire 10 degrees. Arrived work Santry 6 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Arrived work Santry 6 degrees.

My Garmin shows 9C, so does Windfinder at 9am: http://www.windfinder.com/weatherforecast/dublin

Advertisement