Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

especially with a tail wind

What is this tail wind you speak of? I had a head wind, in both directions :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

It wasn't cold this morning.

It wasn't cold this morning.

You win this round sir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

CramCycle wrote: »
    You win this round sir

Niw now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Great ride into town on the canal towpath today - almost cruised in (wearing shorts and an ecwcs top). Should have reserved more for the way home though. Knackering! Av speed - 14mph inbound with no effort, under 10mph outbound with much puffing ans spluttering. Even stayed on the small front ring for much of the way home, and I can't remember the last time I did that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Didn't find it cold although I'm well on the way to full winter kit at this stage - hopefully another few weeks of mild weather to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

All dressed and prepped started up the GPS and had to work to get to Harolds X struggling into a barrage of leaves.

I broke and decided I'd had enough of being batted about by the wind for one 36hr period.

Going to do my work today and try to get out to do the two gaps again tomorrow.

Sign me up and steal my lunch money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

What a manky morning. Wasn't raining when I left the house. Wasn't raining when I got into the office. Got drenched in-between. And there's only so long a man can stand in the changing rooms with a hairdryer stuck down his trousers before someone files a complaint with HR.

I still smell funny.

buffalo wrote: »

I still smell funny.

You should probably wipe it down with some cleaning products before you dry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Not on this list this morning, but tbh listening to that outside I am starting to regret that I wasn't.....

Ah well, I suppose it is about time some sort of winter weather arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Scrunchy-crunchy front brakes this morning. Looked down and saw bits of aluminium on the rim. Yep, worn through. Whoops. Luckily I have a spare set on my desk, but I have to go fit them now otherwise there's no way I'm getting home on the bike in this weather. I hope I have allen keys with me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

http://www.met.ie/

Yellow weather warning in place re rain fall.
    Kudos to anyone cycling in that today...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Had to take the car today as had a morning thing and an evening thing. So kinda forced to wimp out. I did go the long way home yesterday does that make up for skipping it tonight?

Spent an hour on the M50 this morning and will probably spend another hour getting from the northside to the adelaide road this evening so I am just suffering in a different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Lots of flooding about. I predict a very gingerly cycle home.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

del_boy13 wrote: »
    So kinda forced to wimp out
    Same here:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

My new altura "city" overshoes arrived as I was leaving for work (very impressive timing from swincyclerun) so I'll stay off the list and give them a good testing as I head home. Already traversed the city and its numerous puddles.

Felling mucho macho as I donned every stitch of wet gear I posessed before heading out to do battle with the elements last night. I could handle this.

Bit disappointed (ok relieved) that there was hardly a drop of rain and the wind wasn't in my face as forecast. Only problem was it was a bit too warm in all the gear.

I'll probably be blown into the sea tonight along Clontarf as the karmic balance is restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

hardly a drop of rain and the wind wasn't in my face as forecast.

Same here only somebody left their dog off the lead near the Causeway who darted out in front of me taking me down!...

Not too bad, road rash on arm and a twisted handlebar.

RobFowl wrote: »
    http://www.met.ie/

Yellow weather warning in place re rain fall.
    Kudos to anyone cycling in that today...

No way that yellow warning was justified, on other wimpy related news, searched my house high and low for decent gloves. So far I have found 6, I repeat 6, right handed gloves but not one left handed glove. What the hell, I found an old pennys wool glove in work when I arrived in, also a right handed glove.

Whoever is doing this, touche, your practical joke has beaten me, please stop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I don't suppose your other half is a petite French lady?

• Advertisement

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Same here only somebody left their dog off the lead near the Causeway who darted out in front of me taking me down!...

Not too bad, road rash on arm and a twisted handlebar.

How's the dog?

'hope you heal quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

How's the dog?

'hope you heal quickly

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/83757373/thumb.jpg

They fixed his twisted moustache.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No way that yellow warning was justified,
    Who are you talking about:confused: Is that not backseat modding (assuming it's nothing to do with the Cycling forum - "revolting" is a better term if it is)?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

I agree, the last 2 days have been a breeze for my commute, I actually thoroughly enjoyed all 4 trips. I had been dreading the Nangor Road wind tunnel, but it was fine.

No need for that weather warning in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,498 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No way that yellow warning was justified, on other wimpy related news, searched my house high and low for decent gloves. So far I have found 6, I repeat 6, right handed gloves but not one left handed glove. What the hell, I found an old pennys wool glove in work when I arrived in, also a right handed glove.

Any golfers in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I did my whole 3k commute! Beeeefcaaaaaake!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Bought a gabba long sleeve of Mathie and went out looking for rain this morning, found some and I won :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Macy0161

No need for that weather warning in my humble opinion.
    I didn't enjoy Monday evenings commute home. Had full wet gear yesterday, so wasn't as bad. There was a fair amount of flooding around the place, and a landslide on the 21 bends in Enniskerry.

Was scheduled to drive tomorrow, but having second thoughts - I'd rather be soaked and making progress on the bike, than stuck in the car not moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Was scheduled to drive tomorrow, but having second thoughts - I'd rather be soaked and making progress on the bike, than stuck in the car not moving.

I had to stop to put on waterproofs this morning. Cars were at a standstill along the canal near Dolphin's Barn and hadn't moved an inch for the 5 mins it took me to stop, put on waterproofs and cycle off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Borderfox wrote: »
    Bought a gabba long sleeve of Mathie and went out looking for rain this morning, found some and I won :-)

:D
    Do you need a base layer under it in this kind of weather?

Advertisement