Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

bazermc wrote: »
    Jaysus just been real bad if wishbone wimped out.

I'm preparing for Armageddon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Wimped out this morning and took the car to work :o - it was bucketing down at 6.30am when I got up.

What??!!

Is this the same WA who recently cycled to Mitchelstown in worse weather :confused:

FWIW, after some serious consultations with yr.no and the rainfall radar, I went out for a spin at 2pm when that crap had cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm preparing for Armageddon.
    LOL :D
    crosstownk wrote: »
    What??!!

Is this the same WA who recently cycled to Mitchelstown in worse weather :confused:..
    Indeed, but I kept thinking it would clear up that day, (and I wasn't going to work).

Jesus lads, I'm under pressure now to cycle in tomorrow and the forecast is giving gale force winds around 6/7am!

Jesus lads, I'm under pressure now to cycle in tomorrow and the forecast is giving gale force winds around 6/7am!

Just think of the PRs on the way home!

crosstownk wrote: »
    Just think of the PRs on the way home!
    It will be down to a 'fresh westerly breeze' when I'm going home (13 hour shift).

• Advertisement

It will be down to a 'fresh westerly breeze' when I'm going home (13 hour shift).

There's nothing more annoying than the wind abating when you turn your back to it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There'll be no PB's goin to work since that big group spin from Italy blitzed in from Lusk anyway...

There'll be no PB's goin to work since that big group spin from Italy blitzed in from Lusk anyway...
    Well, they can take away our KOM's but they'll never take our PB's. I think I moved back 7 places in the space of a few minutes that day yet Beasty seemed to have come out unscathed!

Imagine if they were all on Strava! :eek:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think I moved back 7 places in the space of a few minutes that day yet Beasty seemed to have come out unscathed!
    4th April 2012 - remember it so well - 45-50 km/h NNEasterly.

(Did lose a few KOMs the day the Giro came to town mind - managed to protect a few by ensuring some of the segments took in the Lusk bypass rather than going straight through the village.....)

...Jesus lads, I'm under pressure now to cycle in tomorrow and the forecast is giving gale force winds around 6/7am!
    Stormy alright but I managed to avoid any rain. I suppose i should be posting in that other "I'm no wimp" thread. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Stupid Stupid rain - time for a swim instead

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bazermc wrote: »
    Stupid Stupid rain - time for a swim instead

Christ! It's not that deep is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Time for a turbo-trainer driven boat.

Will be working for most of the day but my few short trips with O Lobo have been challenging.

Saw a chap forging on against the headwind on a Silver Spesh with disc brakes in Rathmines. Zodspeed sir. Zodspeed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Beasty wrote: »
    Christ! It's not that deep is it?

Ha ha. God no. Swimming in a pool

I think I am safe, as long as I don't start running aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

50km done this morning group lost me great when we turned with a tailwind home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Weather forecast on Friday was for a fine sunny day on Sunday. Not what transpired. I skipped the cycle i had planned and did my tax return instead.

Not as much fun and no pleasant afterglow.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Cycled down the Royal Canal on Saturday. Camped wild between Edenderry and Tullamore. The going was mud to bog for much of it and the wind and rain was fairly incessant. Nice to get away though.

poochiem wrote: »
    .....The going was mud to bog for much of it and the wind and rain was fairly incessant. Nice to get away though....
    Nice to get away? You do realise this is the Wimp thread -- not for super-heroes! :eek::D

Serious kudos all the same - I think Hyvon Ngetich had an easier time in the Austin Marathon:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

50km of a headwind this morning. I really hope it doesn't change direction for my homeward leg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

lennymc wrote: »
    50km of a headwind this morning. I really hope it doesn't change direction for my homeward leg

From Met Eireann.

winds will gradually decrease this afternoon becoming moderate to fresh southwesterly.

Behind you but not as strong..:)

• Advertisement

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I went early to the mountains hoping for a nice push on the way back to work.

Combination of crosswinds that caused my descending confidence hit the rock bottom, then stupid traffic all the way through the city, and a little bonk on top of this, made todays cycling experience one of the least enjoyable I ever had.

Seaswimmer wrote: »

winds will gradually decrease
    lennymc wrote: »
    :(
    Just means you have to skip off work early lenny - that's my plan anyway ....

Beasty wrote: »
    Just means you have to skip off work early lenny - that's my plan anyway ....

race ye

Sorry lenny....

.... think I won

(was already on the way when you posted and you never overtook me:p)

Time trial.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I wet out on the group spin on Sunday. It was biblical. I want a medal. *Takes one of Wishbone Ash's medals*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

gadetra wrote: »
    I wet out on the group spin on Sunday. It was biblical. I want a medal. *Takes one of Wishbone Ash's medals*

I raced ;)

Some of you are in the wrong thread. :confused::D

I'll keep with the the theme of the thread title.

On Sunday my bike stayed firmly parked in the house because the weather was pure crap.

Instead, I stood at the side of a rugby pitch in lashing rain watching my 8 year old get covered in mud - it looked like great fun and I secretly wanted to participate........ :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

gadetra wrote: »
    I wet out on the group spin on Sunday. It was biblical.
    Freudian slip, or clever pun?

Advertisement