Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

It’s so calm out there today. This mornings commute was much more pleasant than the last couple of days. You are missing out!

I missed out too then! Estate roads were fairly icy so decided to wimp out and get the train, which arrived 10 mins late :rolleyes:. Totally regretting it now but it's nice to have the occasional reminder of why the bike is so damn great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Cold but a really nice, stress free cycle for me this morning. I love days like today..justifies all the money spent on warm cycling kit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Little man was sick, so stayed home until Mrs pinch flat came home at lunch time. it was even nippy enough heading through the phoenix park at 1pm....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i worked from home today, partly because there was heavy rain forecast. it's been dry all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I'm already working on my excuse for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I’ve just got a PS4 so won’t be going anywhere tomorrow. Does stealing a bike and riding that on GTA count?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

i worked from home today, partly because there was heavy rain forecast. it's been dry all day.

And unusually warm. I cycled for the first time in a week and had too many layers on. My spiked tyres are on their way to me too now

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I’ve just got a PS4 so won’t be going anywhere tomorrow. Does stealing a bike and riding that on GTA count?

Or you could ride your bike like you're in GTA. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Weepsie wrote:
    And unusually warm. I cycled for the first time in a week and had too many layers on. My spiked tyres are on their way to me too now

I was pîssed I forgot my gloves this morning. 5 mins in my jacket was fully opened and I was still pretty hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

VW 1 wrote: »
    5 mins in my jacket was fully opened and I was still pretty hot.
    Steady on there Cipo.

06015cb3691f12c2db4bbcc2ed1628b4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Lumen wrote: »
    Steady on there Cipo.

06015cb3691f12c2db4bbcc2ed1628b4.jpg

That'll be RobFowl soon

>> Here for context : https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057815038

• Registered Users Posts: 23,501 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Reporting for duty , looks a bit Icey out there and I’m physically exhausted so going to drive today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the main thing i'm wimping out on at the moment is washing the bike. i don't fancy losing my fingertips trying to faff around outside in the cold with water and sponges.

the main thing i'm wimping out on at the moment is washing the bike. i don't fancy losing my fingertips trying to faff around outside in the cold with water and sponges.

Even my little girl knows who to do this ya big wimp, disposable gloves over a pair of mittens :rolleyes:

Not sure if this belongs in this thread - anyone else been laid low with this dose of flu going around? Every bit of me hurts and I cannot get warm.

Not sure if this belongs in this thread - anyone else been laid low with this dose of flu going around? Every bit of me hurts and I cannot get warm.

Struck down Xmas morning and haven't been right since. Have been working from home to avoid the cold temps on the cycle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭alentejo

Was so mad busy up to Christmas now got some bug so no cycling for me. #gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭C3PO

Yep - feeling like s**t for the last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

literally just about to go out the door and up the mountains when it starts raining and the balcony door shakes from the wind.
    back to bed and watching the football it is!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

retalivity wrote: »
    literally just about to go out the door and up the mountains when it starts raining and the balcony door shakes from the wind.
    back to bed and watching the football it is!

Was blooming crappy yesterday...HR up 20 beats to push 20kph into the wind. Legs wrecked when I got home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Was blooming crappy yesterday...HR up 20 beats to push 20kph into the wind. Legs wrecked when I got home.

i felt guilty after posting this and the rain stopped, so i went out for 90mins, not as bad as saturday but still very windy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I ventured to the shops before going to work and saw the tree in the garden almost horizontal, so decided against using the bike to commute to work.

So..... Any takers today!?

Considering my options from bed currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

It snowed in Dublin 15 at about 9 last night and temperature just about freezing at the moment. Suspect what’s there will be frozen by now so not risking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Wimped out when I saw the ice around the house and took the car.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Driveway was an icerink this morning, roads were generally fine. Interesting game this morning playing count down with the DB real time displays. I was contemplating the bus but decided since I was 15minutes early, I'd give it a shot and lock up the bike if it was bad. Kept it 8 minutes behind me for half the journey, although it rapidly caught me on the N11. Only beat me by a minute in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Aysedasi

Wimped out. Snow frozen to path and road outside the house. Main road doesn't look too bad but wouldn't have made it there in one piece

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭C3PO

Really dodgy on the back roads around Rathmichael - did a lot of "feet off the pedals and paddle"! N11, Rock Road etc generally ok but lots of ice on cycle tracks ... just as well I tend not to use them!!
    Probably should have taken the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

My car was sliding around this morning! Bike tucked up in the garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Cycled in from Sandyford on N11, roads fine but cycle path bad in patches up to Foster Avenue. Temperature at Belfield said 1C - same as yesterday

Advertisement