Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Weepsie wrote: »
    There was no rain north of the liffey it seemed between 7.30 and 9.

I got absolutely destroyed in the first 500m and then dry the following 12km. Had I waited maybe 2 minutes I’d have been fine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

Even the hipsters were jealous of my puke green golf waterproof trousers this morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

god help anyone out on the bike in dublin in the last 45 minutes or so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The rain on the way home hurt my face and it was only the last km.

Sealskinz hat and Mistral jacket did their job though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Santry to Swords at 8:20 tonight was no fun at all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've wimped out all week, but mainly due to a bad head cold that's migrated to my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Im sure all the other motorists stuck in traffic were glad i finally took my fully taxed and insured car into work this morning and added to the long queue of cars on the N32. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Currently snowing Wicklow Gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Wimped out this morning 0 it was a little wet when the alarm went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Currently snowing Wicklow Gap.

Yaay

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Met have it raining between 9AM and 2PM for Dublin , if reliable wouldn't be a problem in terms of commuting

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

yep, was looking at that myself, i would usually leave the house before 7 and work after 4, so hopefully will just be watching the rain through the office windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Given the winds being spoken of in the winter weather thread in considering working from home tomorrow. Is that stilk wimping out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Still undecided on tomorrow - it's more earache I'm bothered about that the wind or rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

Wind and rain soothes red ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I'm down in Dingle at the weekend. I'm thinking of doing the Slea Head cycle. Just looking at the weather though and think i may wimp out in advance. :eek:

VW 1 wrote: »
    Given the winds being spoken of in the winter weather thread in considering working from home tomorrow. Is that stilk wimping out?
    yeah, the forecast regarding the rain seems to be easing off, but the wind looks interesting...

actually, the forecast in general is easing off. there were winds of 48km/h predicted for midday, now predicting between 30 and 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The wind at the moment would definitely put the fear of god into you. Will be leaving in about half hour, weather app saying it will have eased off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭C3PO

Got blown in from Shankill - back was soaked but dry in front!! Not looking forward to cycling home!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bike abandoned...means I'll also be late for work as school drop first, ah well.

EDIT: weather cleared almost in biblical style at 8.25 so took the bike, yay! Bloody hate driving these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

OH offered me a lift. Wind has died down now but sure its better than being wet

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

On flat, felt like climbing mountain with 12% gradient. Unfortunately wind should ease off, so no KOMs on a way home.

well, that was a slog. and the rain arrived earlier than expected.
    i did strand road in the same gear as i'd do howth head. and more slowly.

The hardest part was the North Westerly Easterly Southerly gusts. One moment you're being tipped along nicely with a tailwind and then without warning it's a head wind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I woke up after a terrible night sleep with a cracking headache. Decided to just roll out of bed and onto the bus. When I reached a point I would have passed on my bike in 5 minutes, 20 minutes later, I remembered why I don't use the bus. Nothing is worth that. Almost an hour and a half, for what would have been a 40 minute cycle and probably only an hours drive by private transport.

Never again

CramCycle wrote: »
    I woke up after a terrible night sleep with a cracking headache. Decided to just roll out of bed and onto the bus. When I reached a point I would have passed on my bike in 5 minutes, 20 minutes later, I remembered why I don't use the bus. Nothing is worth that. Almost an hour and a half, for what would have been a 40 minute cycle and probably only an hours drive by private transport.

Never again

I like taking the bus once every 3 or 4 months. The utter devastation at it's inefficiency is a nice way to motivate cycling :)

I got to work a little stressed this morning, as it took 32 mins instead of the usual 28-ish. Then I checked out the traffic...

466977.png

oh, and i tried out the aldi neoprene gloves for the first time this morning. they're great at collecting water.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I like taking the bus once every 3 or 4 months. The utter devastation at it's inefficiency is a nice way to motivate cycling :)

I got to work a little stressed this morning, as it took 32 mins instead of the usual 28-ish. Then I checked out the traffic...

Fair point, I looked at the cars on the N11, and my comment about a drive being faster is completely wrong. I forgot that the dfew times I drove, I had my bike in the boot and I could pull over and finish the last few km on the bike.

Advertisement