Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Dublin 8 to Beaumont was grand (apart from almost getting doored). Wouldn't have cycled had I not seen the earlier posts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

colm18 wrote: »
    Dublin 8 to Beaumont was grand (apart from almost getting doored). Wouldn't have cycled had I not seen the earlier posts here.

So if you did get doored, you would have blamed the earlier posts?:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

So if you did get doored, you would have blamed the earlier posts?:pac::pac::pac:

Specifically you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Coming from Ballsbridge to town last night around 3am was pretty lairy. Turned right down barrow st, but had to turn back as wind brought me to a complete stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Took me almost an hour to get into work yesterday, but a much more respectable 40 mins to get home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I've to pump a gallon of Guinness into me tonight, so no cycling today. I had to get the smelly bus in and was totally astounded at the number of cyclists going through Dublin City Centre. I'd usually go through before eight and there's a decent amount on the road then. Around 8.30am there's a ridiculous amount though!! Great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I've to pump a gallon of Guinness into me tonight, so no cycling today. I had to get the smelly bus in and was totally astounded at the number of cyclists going through Dublin City Centre. I'd usually go through before eight and there's a decent amount on the road then. Around 8.30am there's a ridiculous amount though!! Great to see!

I usually cycle in at that time, there was a huge increase in cyclists on the N11 this morning. I wonder are a lot of the summer cyclists coming out of hibernation?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I usually cycle in at that time, there was a huge increase in cyclists on the N11 this morning. I wonder are a lot of the summer cyclists coming out of hibernation?

Fancy bikes came out in force yesterday, I think the racers have got a sniff of the racing season and the fresh air. I was baked going in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭C3PO

CramCycle wrote:
    I was baked going in today.

Me too .... winter fleece bib-tights were definitely overkill! 9 degrees C on the Rock Road at 6.00am!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

If I'd've known what was in store for me on this morning's commute, I think I would've wimped out.

Horrible headwind, but the lashing rain meant the rainjacket was needed, which meant the headwind had all the more effect due to flappiness. Combine that with tired legs from the weekend, and I crawled along with wet, cold hands and wet, cold feet.

So glad to have the hot showers in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

buffalo wrote: »
    If I'd've known what was in store for me on this morning's commute, I think I would've wimped out.

Horrible headwind, but the lashing rain meant the rainjacket was needed, which meant the headwind had all the more effect due to flappiness. Combine that with tired legs from the weekend, and I crawled along with wet, cold hands and wet, cold feet.

Thanks for the report. You have confirmed my wimpiness for today.

My missus said she'd give me a lift this morning. I said i'd cycle, it was only a bit of rain.

Cycled through that crap this morning into work only to find that the fcuking showers were not working. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

+1 on this topped with i took off my mudguards over the weekend thinking i wont need them till September/October how wrong was i :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

My singlespeed has a flat so I said flip it and went on the good bike. Yesterday it looked like I'd just picked it up from the shop, after 6k this morning it looks like a 10year old beater

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lads - this is where the wimps post. You've no place here if you cycled in today :pac:.

Adding myself to the list. Had a busy weekend and couldn't be arsed getting organised last night (...and that was before checking the weather).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Had a busy weekend
    slight understatement there? two sportives, at different ends of the country?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've just driven home, passing the st margarets end of the airport. not a day to be a nervous flyer, those planes are dancing on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

was going to head out at 630 for a quick 20km till I saw the trees across the road swaying like 4am drunks. took the dog for a walk instead and even walking into the breeze was a mission

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭alentejo

First time in two years I have driven to work. Absolutely awful weather. I'll be back on the bike tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

My partner offered me a lift and I didn't say no.

my commute is 2.2km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm gonna go out for a run at lunchtime. That saves me from being a complete wimp, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Steoller

Was all ready to go out, checked the weather to see if I'd need a rain jacket. Wind and rain are fine, but i draw the line when they merit a warning.

The weather in Dublin today, is just like an average day in Galway. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Wimped out Saturday, Sunday and today when I saw the trees blowing as they are.
    Had my drinks prepared, kit out, everything!
    Such a wuss

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

i've just driven home, passing the st margarets end of the airport. not a day to be a nervous flyer, those planes are dancing on the way in.

I was one of these people not one hour ago.
    Sitting on the runway for an hour after wobbly landing and the plane was listing like a boat in the wind. The thing that joins onto the planet couldn't attach cos of the wind. And another plane took our spot.
    A bunch of people and kids got sick from three wavyness and wobbliness.
    The joys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Also wimped out and drove. Think that's only the second time in a year? Weekend was also a complete write off - missed the Vets race :mad: Curse you IKEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭C3PO

Got blown in this morning .... not looking forward to the trip home!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

My partner offered me a lift and I didn't say no.

my commute is 2.2km

Mine offered me one too, I just looked into their eyes, shed a single tear and said, you don't know me at all. 25% faster this morning compared to the average commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

CramCycle wrote: »
    Mine offered me one too, I just looked into their eyes, shed a single tear and said, you don't know me at all. 25% faster this morning compared to the average commute.

How many additional watts did the anger and crushing sadness generate?

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »

2E76EB0E00000578-0-image-m-3_1447590257801.jpg

Advertisement