Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

dahat wrote: »
    It's weird still being in bed at 9 40am on a Sunday, feels kind of wrong.

It feels great :D
    Also reporting for non duty, it's absolutely raging in the Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

eeeee wrote: »
    It feels great :D
    Also reporting for non duty, it's absolutely raging in the Midlands.

It actually isnt all that bad here, I've been out on worse but will err on the side of caution & stick to turbo plan.

Took a KOM around the house with the hoover out of boredom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It actually isnt all that bad here, I've been out on worse but will err on the side of caution & stick to turbo plan.

Took a KOM around the house with the hoover out of boredom!!

Did you Strava it?

[url] [/url]

This guy i think is still in the psych ward
    [url]

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

It's weird still being in bed at 9 40am on a Sunday, feels kind of wrong.
    Turbo later for me.

Depends on who you’re in bed with !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Oberkon wrote: »
    Depends on who you’re in bed with !

Or who's bed your in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Wimped out today for the first time in ages. All dressed up in full winter gear. Stepped out the door and went straight back in to change and get the car. Couldn't face another morning doing 20k into a headwind. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Almost the opposite to you. Weather forecast going to bed last night telling me there was going to be strong winds this morning so got out of bed, suited and booted and was cursing the relative calm while I stood in the cold waiting for the bus. Had I not showered I'd have taken the bike.

By the time I got into the city I was glad not to have changed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Hurrache wrote: »
    Almost the opposite to you. Weather forecast going to bed last night telling me there was going to be strong winds this morning so got out of bed, suited and booted and was cursing the relative calm while I stood in the cold waiting for the bus. Had I not showered I'd have taken the bike.

By the time I got into the city I was glad not to have changed my mind.

I almost never go to bed with my cycling clothes on. Unless she asks and that's become almost never.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

today was to be my first time back on the bike in over two weeks after a rotten head cold. and i wimped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I left the bike in work last night, I'd forgotten my gloves and my buddy was passing in his car so I opted for traffic and relative comfort. It took an hour to go 6kms.

Dublin biked it in this morning, there was only one bike left with the saddle turned backwards (usually indicates the bike is broken) I risked it and it was probably the best Dublin Bike I'd been on in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Got into work yesterday, with a tailwind, in 23mins, 12 km, avg 29km/h.

Wimped out yesterday evening, left the bike in work and walked home. Forecast looked rough but walked in this morning, nicely calm and clear when I left the house but got destroyed in sleet about half way in.

Cycle home should be brutal later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wimped out yesterday morning but decided to risk it this morning, just a few minutes into my cycle and it started to hail and sleet, and then the northwesterly wind started to kick in to the side of me. Had the pannier on the windy side and it was probably good to have that extra bit of weight. Roads were white and most drivers gave plenty of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fizzyorange420

Literally dreading the ride home today Rule 5 the whole way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

Wimped out myself too checked outside at 6.15 and the place was covered in snow, by the time I was in the car and on the road most of it had cleared and several bikes passed me sitting in traffic. There were a few more showers on the way in and the wind is up so only about 50% disappointed in myself today!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Westerly Gusts of 48mph await me on my way home southside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Wimped out today as well. Had a lovely commute home last night in sleet driven by wind gusting up to about 50kmph (at least I now know the DHB foul waterproof jacket I invested in the other week is actually waterproof :D ) Woke up this morning and nearly went on my a**e on black ice going out to the bin, though was still half thinking about it until it started dumping heavy snow around 8 at which point the car keys were reached for for only the second time so far this year when choice allows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I had planned to redo the ride I did on Friday now I have new chainrings. 40+kmh winds and sleet put paid to that idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

I don't mind the wind and the cold. I do, however, mind the fcuking rain, the wind and the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Today was alright, but the hailstones on the face, or whatever, was a bit sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Out the door at 5.30am and back in again at 5.31am. Evidence of black ice after a few meters put me right off. Time for a leisurely breakfast now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Out the door at 5.30am and back in again at 5.31am. Evidence of black ice after a few meters put me right off. Time for a leisurely breakfast now.
    The same. Yesterday afternoon n7 trip was lethal home. Had a speeding courier punishment pass on the bus lane to newlands x. The van touched me. First time I’ve thought about a bike camera. Shook

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭ngunners

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    The same. Yesterday afternoon n7 trip was lethal home. Had a speeding courier punishment pass on the bus lane to newlands x. The van touched me. First time I’ve thought about a bike camera. Shook

There must have been something in the air so yesterday. I got taken out of it by a car whose driver didn't look right or stop at a stop sign in Dublin city centre. Driver completely owned up and there were a couple of witnesses. I was lucky to only have some bad bruises... Quite sore today. My bike took the brunt of the damage.

I got everyone's details. But as this is my first (and hopefully last) time to be knocked over by a careless driver I'm wondering what my next step should be? Should I report it to the guards? Or just sort it out ourselves? The guy was very remorseful and promised to repair all damages.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ngunners wrote: »
    ...I'm wondering what my next step should be? Should I report it to the guards? Or just sort it out ourselves? The guy was very remorseful and promised to repair all damages.
    You're obliged to report any accident when there have been injuries.

(It would be in your interest also as the remorseful driver may change their mind in the days afterwards).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Black ice everywhere in Bray, it must have rained then froze, total ice rink. I fell once while creeping along with one foot on the ground before I even got out of the estate, cars slipping on the southern cross road, no gritting done?

I walked in on the grass verge anyway, should have went back and left the bike, half an hour late for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭ngunners

You're obliged to report any accident when there have been injuries.

(It would be in your interest also as the remorseful driver may change their mind in the days afterwards).

Cheers, he called me yesterday evening to see if I was all right so I feel he's genuine enough but I think this is the best course of action.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Thargor wrote: »
    Black ice everywhere in Bray
    yeah, i decided to wimp out again last night when i figured the conditions looked black icy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Smart... I made it 5meters before I went down on black ice. Lovely new week old bike has scratches now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Flagrantfolly

Likewise...in the estate, went around first bend pretty fast and down before I even spotted the ice. Hit the back of head pretty hard and neck sore too. Be careful out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭downtheroad

I hit the deck within 500m of my house this morning. Walked home and now on dart which I should have taken in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Fell off bike 3 times in 10 mins.

Is N11 Cycleway safe?

Advertisement