Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

i see monday afternoon is due to be a bit wild again. met eireann forecasting westerlies of 50km/h+ in dublin.

Ah c’mon, this seems endless. Friday wasn’t meant to be *too* bad but it was like cycling through jelly. A usual 35 minute commute took 48 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I think the time has come for a mass dance or a sacrifice at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

i see monday afternoon is due to be a bit wild again. met eireann forecasting westerlies of 50km/h+ in dublin.

Christ, when was the last time we had such a long bad run?

On the plus side, I found my long lost Seal Skinz skull cap in the attic today, bring the cold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Hurrache wrote: »
    Christ, when was the last time we had such a long bad run?.

Last week was particularly rough on the bike, Tues morning probably the worst as was freezing along with lashing rain and strong winds. Soaked through again on Thurs morning and Fri evening and just damp the other days with the accompanied gales.

Nov 2019 was relentless though with the rain, pretty much soaked on each leg of the journey for weeks. Never want to see the beating of that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Its the head wind both ways, I get tiny stretches around Cabinteely where it isn't a headwind but the rest of the time, it is a headwind both ways.

• Advertisement

Put the bins out there and it's ****ing snowing now :mad:

February has been terrible, I'm putting it down to it being a leap year.

Add me to the list for tomorrow, I'm going to work from home even it doesn't stick. My youngest will be happy at least as she'll be with me all day. She just loves to talk to my boss when she calls, and the felling is mutual Always says hello Enfilade can you put the boss on for me. I think she just likes to find an excuse and call to get cheered up by the 21 month old who's a real pro at chatting on a phone now :D

Put the bins out there and it's ****ing snowing now :mad:

February has been terrible, I'm putting it down to it being a leap year.

Add me to the list for tomorrow, I'm going to work from home even it doesn't stick. My youngest will be happy at least as she'll be with me all day. She just loves to talk to my boss when she calls, and the felling is mutual Always says hello Enfilade can you put the boss on for me. I think she just likes to find an excuse and call to get cheered up by the 21 month old who's a real pro at chatting on a phone now :D

Sounds a lot like you’ll enjoy it too :)

I finally gave the bike a (very overdue) clean this evening, so it’s not just the cold that might make me work from home in the morning. If there’s even a hint of drizzle I’ll be working from home.

Sounds a lot like you’ll enjoy it too :)

Yeah, I'm ahead of myself work wise in terms of end of month stuff and everything else that needs to be done is click and wait so it's Peppa Pig and Cocomelon for us tomorrow :pac:

Yeah, I'm ahead of myself work wise in terms of end of month stuff and everything else that needs to be done is click and wait so it's Peppa Pig and Cocomelon for us tomorrow :pac:

Awwwww I needed another episode of Enfilade and clan life to get me through this week.
    Awesome day ahead of ya, boss calls and all :D

• Advertisement

eeeee wrote: »
    Awwwww I needed another episode of Enfilade and clan life to get me through this week.
    Awesome day ahead of ya, boss calls and all :D

Yeah till the next day when she's due the first haircut, she already blowing it out of her eyes when it's food time. Her sister put up quite the fight for hers :eek:

Yeah till the next day when she's due the first haircut, she already blowing it out of her eyes when it's food time. Her sister put up quite the fight for hers :eek:

*imagines adorable father daughter negotiations.
    Awwwwwww!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

Wimped out this morning was all geared up ready to go but what looked like slush was frozen solid and the roads like glass around my estate. Wasn't too bad after a while but glad I wimped out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

tnegun wrote: »
    Wimped out this morning was all geared up ready to go but what looked like slush was frozen solid and the roads like glass around my estate. Wasn't too bad after a while but glad I wimped out!

Same for me. Frozen slush with cars skidding everywhere. It looked fairly localised in spots. For once public transport wasn't too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

Despite my weather app saying +1 degree with a realfeel of -8, the roads were surprisingly ok around D16. Certainly didn't feel as cold as yesterday morning.

There are a few lads that meet at the yellow house pub around 6:30am every wednesday and off (presumably) up stocking lane. +1 and a realfeel of -8 didn't deter them one bit this morning. Lunatics!

Off the bike for a few days with a knee injury. Miscommunication about a lift this morning left me standing at home deciding on the bus or car. Put into google maps and the car was half the time. Threw the BMX in the boot and parked about 5 minutes cycle away as that 5 minute cycle is 20 minutes driving in rush hour. Knee held up which was surprising. Can't wait to be recovered though, I feel unwell after being off the bike for nearly a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I had to drive today. I've a client meeting in Citywest at lunch so couldn't cycle up between time and needing to be presentable. That's it though, never again, we have a taxi account here and I was always loathe to use it for meetings but I will be in future. Took me an hour and ten minutes to go 5.5kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Have cycled everyday this week, tomorrow looks okay too. 5 in a row is on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

Driving wasn't so bad for me either about 40 mins in and 30 out reckon that's my good karma being returned for cycling 99% of the time!! Checked my Strava and I've done 1100km commuting already this year so earned my wimp time :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Anyone get out this morning before the wind hits hard? I have an errand to run so wouldn't be able to get out till about midday, so I ain't going out.

This weather is all the more reason to push for an indoor velodrome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Well I still have my cold/chest infection , which I didn't help by drinking last night.

I'm probably a week away from being vaguely normal again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I went out for an hr in phoenix park, bit gusty but not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Out at 7am for monthly testing but froze over 90mins and test went belly up. I should have stayed in bed.

Looks lovely from the sitting room now though!!!

I wimped out too, laziness more than the conditions wind wasn't all that bad early this morning so I could have gone for an hour or so. Currently snug as bug on the sofa watching the women suffer at Het Nieuwsblad in the wind, rain and cobbles.

Anyone get out this morning before the wind hits hard? I have an errand to run so wouldn't be able to get out till about midday, so I ain't going out.

This weather is all the more reason to push for an indoor velodrome.

Was out training in our outdoor velodrome at 8am this morning :cool:
    It wasn't as bad as last Saturday.

Heading out into and out of town later, I think I'm gonna get lashed on :(

Thought the wind might have died away by this morning but no it was still there so went back to bed. Would have been fun as a tail wind but not so much as a head or cross. It was actually a fairly persistent blow too at times and not like the gusting we normally get.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im thinking of a big loop in the Wicklow mountains tomorrow morning Bray>Roundwood>Glenmacrass>Enniskerry>Bray direction but Im getting a different weather forecast from every website, do you think it will be a washout or okay?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i don't think anyone here could offer you a forecast different from whatever site you're looking at!
    met.ie say basically it'll be raining till tomorrow at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Forecasts were for the same today and apart from one shower in the morning it was a perfect day for it, should have just gone. Tomorrow does look worse though.

• Advertisement

Just do it

Advertisement