Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

There were very few days that I remamber in the past with as heavy rain as it was this morning. In my area anyway.

Cycled in, happy as ever and I was asked three times by one of my working colege a question "did you really :eek:..." :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

dont worry its coming

224030.png

Sure that'll be gone by lunchtime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

kenmc wrote: »
    Not for me, but by 6 PM it should be clear ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Only some light mist in the Sandyford area. Was running late so didn't have time to put on any of my water proof gear. Gamble paid off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Still just a grey drizzle here in north Dublin and a balmy 14 degrees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nice enough morning. No rain and dark enough that I didn't feel like a plonker with my lights on. Horrible slightly damp roads though, always makes me nervous. Bone dry or soaking wet is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Shorts on this morning, pretty balmy. Nothing like a few dark clouds to spur you on...Made it in just in time....

Have the rain gear in the bag for quick access - I've a feeling I'll be needing it on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

It was lashing drizzle (if you know what I mean) for about 10 mins on the way in from NCD - just enough to soak me but at least it was nice and warm. Dry enough after that. Bloody light not properly attached to the handle bars and kept pointing towards the ground - must fix before heading home

seamus wrote: »
    Horrible slightly damp roads though, always makes me nervous. Bone dry or soaking wet is the way to go.
    Yes - much better grip in the very wet than greasy damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Was only a bit of drizzle this morning, managed to get away without using wet gear. But, I somehow managed to get more wet heading a few minutes outside of college to get coffee than I did on an 18km cycle in

• Advertisement

Still just a grey drizzle here in north Dublin and a balmy 14 degrees!
    Rain has just arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭wile1000

It was lashing drizzle (if you know what I mean)

If there is something that continually amuses me about the Irish penchance for weather, it's that for any type of rain it is always 'lashing'. (A work colleague will see a moderately dark cloud and announce to great fanfare "it's gonna LASH!". A few spots of rain later...) :cool:

Anyway, woke this morning, looked at rainfall radar, thought 'I can beat that to work'. Cyclist:1. Rain:0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Seweryn wrote: »
    ....happy as ever and I was asked three times by one of my working colege a question "did you really :eek:..." :D.

People are always so amazed here when it rains - like it never happens. Do Swedes act with the same amazement when it snows, or people from the Bahamas when it's 35C (again!).....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭wile1000

The wimp quotient for cycle commuters on the Rock Road seems to be 40 to 50 percent juding by the cycle counter at Blackrock College. I usually pass there around 10 when the peak commute will have finished. The past few days the number was in the early 200s while today it was 440.

I pass this on my way home (6pm +/- 30mins) and in the past week it is around the 600-700s (fine weather over 800). Today might be a little more interesting (wasn't here for The Big Wet two weeks ago unfortunately!)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

It's been pouring here in cavan since about 8am.

Hoping that I get my day-off-long spin in later; getting wet while already out is one thing, but I can't bring myself to heading out for three hours when it's already "lashing"!

kenmc wrote: »

You lied!

Anyways, was just drizzly and crap this morning but should be nice and clear for the journey home later.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

In the absence of my overshoes being delivered in time, I will be strapping two tesco's bags to my feet for the trip home. Its not as if I dont get enough abuse coming and going in me Lycra

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

13.2 deg C at 2am 9 deg C now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

anyone cycling in this awful cold wet windy miserable weather:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Got a good soaking going home yesterady. This morning wasn't to bad, just very windy.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged - FSL, you're now on the list ;) Yes, some of us continue to cycle in this weather ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

About 7hours on the bike this week. Wearing shorts with leg warmers, base layer and LS jersey & wind jacket.

Proper winter gear from next week time to get the Assos out of the attic.
    Temp is between 5&9 degrees but the win chill is something else entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm at home looking after my new child, but rest assured I am raging that I'm not out cycling, even in this weather ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Umm, hour done on turbo at 5.30am before I drove for 1.5 hours to work :) Does that count lol

Should be out on Sunday morn for a 3 hr stint for "fatty on tour" :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Currently 43kph Westerly - Strava segments for the home commute identified (I'll be suffering on the "outward" bit though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Nothing much wrong with the weather this week. Bit windy, bit cold, some fog and some black ice. Thankfully no more than two of those in one day at the same time. Ah, yes, there was rain on Wednesday I think, got soaked and cold fingers. Have to look into better gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

It's not that bad, is it? Just a bit nippy!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

on a slightly related topic, do ya know anywhere in Dublin I could find endura shoe covers....managed to get numb feet commuting into college yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Beasty wrote: »
    Currently 43kph Westerly - Strava segments for the home commute identified (I'll be suffering on the "outward" bit though!)

Used it to rob one of your KOMs this morning - you might add it to the list ;)

The weather was fine on my spin this morning and on my late spin last night. The wind is tough but I didn't get a drop of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Just back from a 40k spin and man was it cold up in the hills my fecking
    Face was frozen what do you guys use ????????.....

Advertisement