Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options
1747576777880»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Days like today remind me what a mistake it was to get Carbon Rim Brake wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭ARX

Are they that bad in the wet? I was thinking about getting a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭De Bhál

not at all, apologies if I came across as short

Mine are. I also know nothing about adjusting brakes so maybe I need to tighten them or something. Definitely terrible performance in heavy rain.

I got a pair of Reilly AR41s in the Wiggle closing down sale for 790 pounds and I don't mind them on dry days but in the wet it's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭cletus

Nah, your grand. Wait till I start posting photos I took on my kayak 😁

Post edited by cletus on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

Being sorted of forced to wimp out for the next 3 weeks. Our main car developed electrical problems and bricked itself a week before we were due to take the ferry for France yesterday. Plan B involved the much smaller 2nd car and the bikes were victim to having to pack minimally 😭. Might look into hiring while there, but couldn't fit my gear in either. Alternative is to get the start on a bit of running I've been promising myself for months, but will not, repeat NOT, be attempting to improve my swimming 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭traco

Another wet one this morning.

I don't know cos I don't keep any hard data but it feels to me that since late April or May I have had more wet and windy commutes than I had through all of Autumn, Winter and most of Spring??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

100% November and December, in my head, were way drier on average

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Reckon this has been the wettest post-Easter/early summer period in many a long year.

Came off the bike on Saturday morning. Turning a corner at no real speed and the bike went from under me. Reckon it was a layer of dust from a period of dryness that then just got a little wet and slippery.

The bike is fine. Just shifter knocked out of place a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement