Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archos 10.1 G9 8GB Tablet-gmail query?

• 24-09-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I bought one of these for the missus the other day. We had no previous experience using one of these android devices.

When she set up gmail on it , she found that she is now unable to log out of email even when u switch the thing off.

Some one said if you download new firmware that may sort it. I downloaded the firmware and then a message came up to connect the usb cable. It did not say what to connect it to though and eventually the download confirmation disappeared and I am not sure how to find it now.

Any help appreciated,

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Widescreen wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I bought one of these for the missus the other day. We had no previous experience using one of these android devices.

When she set up gmail on it , she found that she is now unable to log out of email even when u switch the thing off.

Some one said if you download new firmware that may sort it. I downloaded the firmware and then a message came up to connect the usb cable. It did not say what to connect it to though and eventually the download confirmation disappeared and I am not sure how to find it now.

Any help appreciated,

cheers

Just to advise, I resolved this by doing the complete reinstallation again,
    however, my questions now are.

1. Is it possible to put password protection on the tablet.

2.Is it possible to log out of gmail like on a normal laptop/desktop

If answers to these questions are no it means basically if you lose the tablet the finder can just switch it on look through everything!

Advertisement