Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALSAA Monthly plan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Maf180

You can use everythg and there is no time limit.

You just give them a months notice.

I have joined and cancelled twice with no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

You can just join up any pay by direct debit each month...around €22 for the standard membership.This includes use of the gym and both swimming pools any external classes you have to pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

podger14 wrote: »
    does anyone know if there are any conditions with the ALSAA Monthly plan?
    http://www.myclubfinances.com/membership-subscriptions.asp?ID=408
    How long do you have to sign up for ? what stuff cant you use? Thinking of joining but I only want to join for 6 months or so
    thanks
    podge

why not ask them if they would be prepared to give you a 6 mth contract - a lot of gyms need the business and whilst not actively advertising shorter contracts a lot of them will agree if you contact them directly. Worked for me with a local gym - only needed 6 mths cos I knew I would be changing jobs and it would not get used after that. They agreed. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Little Ted wrote: »
    why not ask them if they would be prepared to give you a 6 mth contract - a lot of gyms need the business and whilst not actively advertising shorter contracts a lot of them will agree if you contact them directly. Worked for me with a local gym - only needed 6 mths cos I knew I would be changing jobs and it would not get used after that. They agreed. Worth a try.
    They offer month to month membership with a months notice as advertised in the second post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Bluetonic wrote: »
    They offer month to month membership with a months notice as advertised in the second post.

there is nothing priced at €22 on the list OP provided. Cheapest membership is €18 for membership only and you then have to pay each time you visit. The monthly subscription is €33 per month which is basically the same thing pro rata per month as the 12 mth membership. As OP, I cannot see anything in the T&C which clarifies how long and what notice you need to give. Your account is debited automatically each month, so if you need to give one month notice you could realistically end up paying for a month more than needed.

My suggestion was posted mainly to point out that some gyms are prepared to negotiate on contract length/price if you ask. If you can do this (as I did) you know up front what you will have to pay and you can be clear what end date is on the contract. After a previous bad experience with a gym continuing to take money from my account despite my informing them several times that I wished to leave, I now prefer to either pay myself with laser card in person at the start of each month or to sign a shorter contract. My post was merely suggesting that OP enquire as there may be additional options to the ones advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Little Ted wrote: »
    Your account is debited automatically each month, so if you need to give one month notice you could realistically end up paying for a month more than needed.
    I imagine most people would just give notice the month before they wished to leave, that's the sensible thing to do and pretty common practice across all similar situations.

OP, you won't go wrong with ALSAA.

Advertisement