Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If rejoining the UK meant jobs and an end to austerity, would you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

summerskin wrote: »
    You were a tiny country with only agriculture as an economy, with a non existent army. Do you not think that if the British wanted to keep you for even one minute they would have quashed the rebels?? Think about it. The military might of Britain could have overrun this island in days.

But they never wanted to. There was, and is, nothing in Ireland that is worth occupying on an economic level. Otherwise you'd all still be under the Queen, just like us northern englishmen who wish we weren't, but were in an area rich in coal, manufacturing etc

But who is actually still living under the Queen? Exactly..but the UK keeps the north going financially so it was a good deal for you really:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

The UK wouldn't want Ireland anyway.

They wouldn't get us even if they did. History has shown that.

You were a tiny country with only agriculture as an economy, with a non existent army. Do you not think that if the British wanted to keep you for even one minute they would have quashed the rebels?? Think about it. The military might of Britain could have overrun this island in days.

But they never wanted to. There was, and is, nothing in Ireland that is worth occupying on an economic level. Otherwise you'd all still be under the Queen, just like us northern englishmen who wish we weren't, but were in an area rich in coal, manufacturing etc

Any world opinion would be completely indifferent right, despite clear evidence o it being a factor in 1916-1924. Even the Troubles restricted British actions ie ECtHR where RA heads often beat the Brits at their own game and cauing bloody noises. What stopped them from invading a neutral country dying WW2? Churchill clearly couldn't let go.

Ireland was never held for economic reasons it was due to proximity and fear other bigger boys would leave ie India. It had damn all say in what we do, nor could they after 1933 despite trying. You really are slow. A 15 year old would not make such ridiculously ill informed comments.

Coal? Why where the miners striking in the 1980 for?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I'd rather survive on wheatabix :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

The reason that the North of England is part of England is due to the fact that it was conquered from the Danes in an effort to disrupt Danelaw. This was long before what we could describe as the modern English Monarchy. The Treaty of York in an irrelevancy.

If Ireland was truly of little importance to the English, then I could assume that the Nine Years War, the Cromwellian Invasion, and The Plantations of Leinster, Munster and Ulster were all trivial pursuits or simply distractions for the British.

For a land of such little importance, I have to admit that they certainly spared no effort in keeping it in their control. Hell, they even had to bring English and Scottish Planters to tip the balance and make Ireland at the very least Governable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

NO! I rather die on me feet than live on my knees.....800 years...de Brits...rabble rabble
    The UK wouldn't want Ireland anyway.

They wouldn't get us even if they did. History has shown that.

Any world opinion would be completely indifferent right, despite clear evidence o it being a factor in 1916-1924. Even the Troubles restricted British actions ie ECtHR where RA heads often beat the Brits at their own game and cauing bloody noises. What stopped them from invading a neutral country dying WW2? Churchill clearly couldn't let go.

Ireland was never held for economic reasons it was due to proximity and fear other bigger boys would leave ie India. It had damn all say in what we do, nor could they after 1933 despite trying. You really are slow. A 15 year old would not make such ridiculously ill informed comments.

Coal? Why where the miners striking in the 1980 for?

That's the point I'm making. I'm from northern England, the industrial heart of the country that was bled dry and killed off when it suited the ruling classes in the south. Our miners were striking because the northern way of life was being systematically destroyed because we no longer offered "value" to the London based elite.

England is two countries, the north and the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    We have no historical ties to Kazakhstan or China. And are we even a country? It's debatable. We've had independence for less then 100 years after 400 years of unity with Britain and for the Pale much longer. With Britain we forged the greatest Empire the world has ever known and we fought countless battles beside them. Some times I think people forget that.

How wrong can you get?

"unity" with Britain? That NEVER existed. Mostly Ireland (all of it) was a separate political entity until the act of union. There was constant revolt of some sort - agrarian revolt, tithe wars as well as armed insurrections. You didn't get these in England. That is not unity.

Catholics couldnt join the Brits for a long time.
    greatest Empire the world has ever known

What sort of gobshi!tery is this? Is that something to be proud of? A murderous empire responsible for literally countless deaths and immense suffering the world over?

"With Britian"? You say that as if two countries got together and planned to do something - you saying that is like saying that Poland in WW2 after being conquered defeated France with Germany and took over most of Europe. Nonsense in other words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

a very interesting thread.....as few posters are actually answering the op's question....

it is not the end of the world......there is a world recession, even parts of china are suffering worse austerity than ireland.....

ireland is part of the eu...and has gained greatly from being so...

just get on with making "ireland" work.....

i live in the uk, and have been through many recessions.....they have not got economically worse each time......but they certainly have got disasterous, only in the eyes of the media.......that group of organisations who's only object is to make money, and to keep their own jobs.....

if you mention the empire in the uk.....you would be asked, what is the score, is england winning (the cricket)........

the future is what matters...for your own sakes....get on with it...stop crying into your cornflakes.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Precise Pangolin

We have no historical ties to Kazakhstan or China. And are we even a country? It's debatable. We've had independence for less then 100 years after 400 years of unity with Britain and for the Pale much longer. With Britain we forged the greatest Empire the world has ever known and we fought countless battles beside them. Some times I think people forget that.
    The 'greatest empire' notion is pretty debateable. What about the Roman empire? Or the Persian empire in the time of Darius? The British empire may have been more widespread for technological reasons, but the two named were rather more impressive in that they had complete global hegemony at their peak, while the British empire had an edge over - say - the French, but never completely outmatched them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....you mean we had a hand in slaughtering Indians, Africans and Aborigines?

O what a fucking proud day this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Irish lads could go out, shoot a man armed with a stick at 300 yards and get a big shiny medal....

Heres your "empire" in all its glory.....
    Interrogation under torture was widespread. Many of the men were anally raped, using knives, broken bottles, rifle barrels, snakes and scorpions. A favourite technique was to hold a man upside down, his head in a bucket of water, while sand was rammed into his rectum with a stick. Women were gang-raped by the guards. People were mauled by dogs and electrocuted. The British devised a special tool which they used for first crushing and then ripping off testicles. They used pliers to mutilate women's breasts. They cut off inmates' ears and fingers and gouged out their eyes. They dragged people behind Land Rovers until their bodies disintegrated. Men were rolled up in barbed wire and kicked around the compound.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/23/british-empire-crimes-ignore-atrocities

Nodin wrote: »
    ....you mean we had a hand in slaughtering Indians, Africans and Aborigines?
    Yeah, but in a good way.

To be fair, you can't really judge people by the standards of today, however hard it can be at times. I never understood that when teachers used to make that point, but I seem to have made a bit of a mental breakthrough in the last few years.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but in a good way.

To be fair, you can't really judge people by the standards of today, however hard it can be at times. I never understood that when teachers used to make that point, but I seem to have made a bit of a mental breakthrough in the last few years.

Thats entirely true. Howevever for somebody today to characterise the Imperial practice of using conquered peoples to conquer others and run the system of oppression as some form of noble enterprise is fairly fucking pathetic let's face it.

Nodin wrote: »
    Thats entirely true. Howevever for somebody today to characterise the Imperial practice of using conquered peoples to conquer others and run the system of oppression as some form of noble enterprise is fairly fucking pathetic let's face it.
    I often wondered how it felt to be an Irish man in those days, or an Irish man in the British army, fighting the French or 'alien' black people or whatever. I presume you would have felt some sort of fellow feeling with ordinary English/Scottish/Welsh people, but how much? Possibly a lot. Possibly very little - back in the days when travelling ten miles from your village was an adventure.

Unknowable really.

I often wondered how it felt to be an Irish man in those days, or an Irish man in the British army, fighting the French or 'alien' black people or whatever. I presume you would have felt some sort of fellow feeling with ordinary English/Scottish/Welsh people, but how much? Possibly a lot. Possibly very little - back in the days when travelling ten miles from your village was an adventure.

Unknowable really.

Being able to relate to other human beings isn't tantamount to supporting the British Empire.

It's pretty common knowledge that significant numbers of Fenians joined the Military in order to get vital Military training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

what would change except the design of the coins and notes?
    we would still follow British soccer teams, drink British beer, eat bangers & mash, fish & chips; speak English as our first language, and watch Sky.

we would still follow British soccer teams, drink British beer, eat bangers & mash, fish & chips; speak English as our first language, and watch Sky.

What would change if Britain joined the United States, save for the design of the coins and notes.

They would still follow follow American Television Series, drink American Beer, eat McDonalds and Burger King. They would also continue to speak English and watch ESPN.

We live in a Global Economy, but that's certainly no excuse to simply throw away our sovereignty because of OPs imagined scenario. I clearly pointed out in a previous post that there is literally no benefit to rejoining the Union.

NO! I rather die on me feet than live on my knees.....800 years...de Brits...rabble rabble
    The road signs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

What would change if Britain joined the United States, save for the design of the coins and notes.

They would still follow follow American Television Series, drink American Beer, eat McDonalds and Burger King. They would also continue to speak English and watch ESPN.

We live in a Global Economy, but that's certainly no excuse to simply throw away our sovereignty because of OPs imagined scenario. I clearly pointed out in a previous post that there is literally no benefit to rejoining the Union.

I would not be in favour of Ireland rejoining the uk, far from it... I am merely pointing out that we share more with the uk than with any other country bar maybe the US. We inherited Britain's legal and parliamentary system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I actually feel disgusted that 200 people out of 508 in total voted yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

I would not be in favour of Ireland rejoining the uk, far from it... I am merely pointing out that we share more with the uk than with any other country bar maybe the US. We inherited Britain's legal and parliamentary system.

Which they inherited from people from France who conquered them. But you won't hear the usual auld trolling shítehawks in all their benighted glory like Iwasfrozen on this Irish forum using this "shared history" as a reason for a return to French imperial rule over the inferior English.

And while we're at it, if the British posters here could stop calling the Latin alphabet the "English alphabet", Greco-Roman architecture "Georgian architecture", British rip-offs of US tv shows "British humour" and so on ad infinitum that might go some way towards decreasing the number of these dreadfully ignorant, profoundly obtuse and sycophantically pro-British/anti-Irish threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Seaneh wrote: »
    I actually feel disgusted that 200 people out of 508 in total voted yes.

I know, what an utterly sad bunch. Says a lot about where the majority of boards.ie folks come from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Yes because I'm sure the british public and MPs at Westminster would all be in favour of expanding they're already clan divided, welfare state in N.I. south toward the hundreds of thousands of unemployed construction workers, Jacinta's, spongers, "asylum seekers" etc.

The days of imperialism are gone. When Catholics and nationalists inevitably become a majority up north, the british will wash they're hands, count they're blessings and close the exchequer on the Mick's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

jugger0 wrote: »
    Everyone voting yes should be hanged for treason.

Dissent should always be stamped out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

and i was just starting to learn german....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

old hippy wrote: »
    Dissent Traitors should always be stamped out.

FYP. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

And are we even a country? It's debatable. We've had independence for less then 100 years after 400 years of unity with Britain and for the Pale much longer. With Britain we forged the greatest Empire the world has ever known and we fought countless battles beside them. Some times I think people forget that.

Probably one of the stupidest posts I've seen here in a long time.
    Yes. We are a country. There is no debating it.

People "forget" that "we forged the greatest Empire the world has ever known" with Britain because it never happened. We were colonised and oppressed by Britain. We were not seen as equals.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Anita Blow wrote: »

People "forget" that "we forged the greatest Empire the world has ever known" with Britain because it never happened. We were colonised and oppressed by Britain. We were not seen as equals.

Anyways, I prefer the Irish Empire. We reached and became one with many parts of the world, without having to commit genocide and bend others to our will. We did it all without an army and a self serving sense of righteousness too. :D

The idea that they can perhaps claim the British Empire as a shared accomplishment is what drives a lot of Southern Unionists.

They're fooling themselves. Whilst the Irish may have a formed a huge part of the British Army during the height of Empire, it would be unwise to argue that they considered us to be anything more than a Nation of Rebels and Papists.

Lord Cornwallis referred to the Irish as a "people we ought to have destroyed".

If you feel that you have an identity crisis and inferiority complex by all means keep it to yourself.

As far as I am aware the British football scene is a global product watched by million all over the world every weekend, a place where IRISH professionals apply their trade for decades.I follow the Irish league, by feel like its a chore,but still do it.Sadly the standard is not always good. Watching British football is no different to watching the La Liga or Serie A. I know people who support the latte more than th EPL. Considering many of the owners, players and managers are no longer British, it sounds rather odd to say British soccer.

British beer? What Guinness and th other Diageo groups. Aren't some of them made in IReland still? Heineken, Carlsberg, Hennessey, various wines, Budweiser, Stella British? Bushmills maybe I you want to be pedantic. You can stick your tennants and Carling where the sun dont shine along with your iron buru.

Bangers and mash, please our palate is far more sophisticated these days. Funny Denny sausages are Irish, some of our spuds too.does Britain have a patent on that meal? I think not. Neither do they have one on fish n chips. Funny the Italian choppers would laugh about that one. Spuds an fish something you as a Donegal man would be aware we have or had plenty of.

Sky? Wow we are British for watching that too? BBC even. Next you would be complaining about our inward attitude if we only stuck to RTE. Funny, drosh like fair city is on o the most watched tv programmes in IReland.

Americans speak English, are they Brits. English is a world language used in business. It would be nice to do what the welsh do but...........

old hippy wrote: »
    Anita Blow wrote: »

Anyways, I prefer the Irish Empire. We reached and became one with many parts of the world, without having to commit genocide and bend others to our will. We did it all without an army and a self serving sense of righteousness too. :D
    Funny, the folks a Tammany hall might Han thought different. Lol.

dolanbaker wrote: »
    The road signs!
    Repaint the letter boxes, again

• Advertisement

So what? The British invented a Better system compared to civil la system imo, It would b daft no to continue it. If it aint broke don't fix it. We have a constitution like America that makes our system slightly different to Britain. In some important areas of law we take a different approach to the British.it is not slavishly followed.

Americans have a common law system too

As for politics, at least in Britain when you do wrong, you are out. The same can be said here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

I would have no issue with Ireland rejoining the United Kingdom as we have seen time and time again that the people elected to look out for the interests of the Irish people have failed miserably and are only out to feather their own nests.

It's a shame as a nation we are to stupid to look after ourselves.

Show Time wrote: »
    I would have no issue with Ireland rejoining the United Kingdom as we have seen time and time again that the people elected to look out for the interests of the Irish people have failed miserably and are only out to feather their own nests.

Of course, because the nice British have such an amazing record at looking out for the interests of the Irish people?

And it's "too stupid", not "to stupid". Kindly don't ascribe your tendencies to the entire Irish people. Thank you.

Seanchai wrote: »
    Of course, because the nice British have such an amazing record at looking out for the interests of the Irish people?

And it's "too stupid", not "to stupid". Kindly don't ascribe your tendencies to the entire Irish people. Thank you.
    Grammar Nazi here la :rolleyes:

Don't forget it was England who gave the country a loan not so long ago to keep the country afloat.

They also did a good job in killing terrorist scum up North who would have unleashed mayhem South of the boarder if they had got half the chance.

And back in 1984 when Irish Shipping went to the wall and the crews were left stranded and out of work it was good Queen Lizzy and P&OCL who kept the lads in a job.

Now go away and f**k off with your 800 years crap no one gives a s**t anymore about that chapter in the relations between Ireland and England. Now more than ever we should be looking for closer ties with our near neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭An Coilean

They also did a good job in killing terrorist scum up North who would have unleashed mayhem South of the boarder if they had got half the chance.

Given that not too long before that the UK armed forces were the terrorists causing mayhem south of the border, its not really a great point. Swings and roundabouts really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Grammar Nazi here la :rolleyes:

Don't forget it was England who gave the country a loan not so long ago to keep the country afloat.

And back in 1984 when Irish Shipping went to the wall and the crews were left stranded and out of work it was good Queen Lizzy and P&OCL who kept the lads in a job.

Now go away and f**k off with your 800 years crap no one gives a s**t anymore about that chapter in the relations between Ireland and England. Now more than ever we should be looking for closer ties with our near neighbours.
    Idiotic way to end your argument.
    The After Hours self-hate levels have peaked when a person who is against ceding sovereignty to another country is made to look like a Ra head.
    Where did he say anything about 800 years in his post you quoted?
    Infact you're the one who has brought our past speaking about The Troubles before telling the poster that he should **** off because "that chapter in relations" is over. Ironic.

But don't let reality get in the way of the AH weekly self-deprecation circle jerk.

Britain didn't give us a loan to be nice, they gave us a loan because we're one of their biggest (If not the biggest) economic partners and if we were to go down, we'd drag them down with us due to their exposure to our banks and trade.

Since you brought it up, the UK wasn't a saint "killing terrorist scum up North" having colluded with Loyalist Paramilitary groups.

You're right lets give up our sovereignty because a shipping company was saved a few years ago.

Wait a minute, you honestly want us to thank the British Government for a loan which was effectively covert re-capitilisation? A loan which, for all intents and purposes, will be paid back in full and with interest to spare.

You do realise that Nations are constantly borrowing incredibly large loans from eachother? Hell, it's a global market where each individual Country's credit rating is incredibly important to their continued success.

As someone who lives in Northern Ireland, I'll definitely have to disagree with you here. In what Universe could Britain's actions in Northern Ireland ever be considered to be categorically "successful"?

It was a conflict which dragged on for forty years; a conflict which could easily have been put to bed in five! The history of the Troubles in Northern Ireland could be easily be considered to be a long list of misjudgements and errors by the British Government. Prominent amongst these would be the complete and utter destruction of the incredibly popular and peaceful Civil Rights Movement, which had been operating for at least eight years. It found it's end in a hail of bullets in Derry.

The British Army could hardly be considered to have been an effective force for containing Republican and Loyalist aggression. If I recall correctly, at least 51% of those killed by the British Army were civilians.

I often consider Irish-British relations to be similar to that of an abusive Married couple. No matter what foul or atrocious acts the Husbands commits against the wife, whether it be expressed through physical or mental abuse, she will always return to him under the false illusion that there love is anything real or substantial.

I'm all for warming up the relationship between our two nations, but I wouldn't be so bold as to start slipping on some rose-tinted glasses.

Bottom line over the last ninety years the country has lurched from one crisis to another like some punch drunk student on a Thursday night and the people have time after time elected idiots who know bugger all about running a nation.

Going back to Great Britain with the tail between the legs might gall some people but if it helped get the country back on it's feet without having to send the best and the brightest away to earn a living than so be it.

Bottom line over the last ninety years the country has lurched from one crisis to another like some punch drunk student on a Thursday night and the people have time after time elected idiots who know bugger all about running a nation.

Going back to Great Britain with the tail between the legs might gall some people but if it helped get the country back on it's feet without having to send the best and the brightest away to earn a living than so be it.

Explain to me how rejoining the Union would provide any of this? As far as I can tell, all you're doing is spouting the usual populist conjecture without providing a coherent argument.

In what way would the handing over of our sovereignty to the UK actually help Ireland economically. This is without even mentioning the fact that we would become a devolved State within Union, devoid of any ability to actually control our taxes. Britain I imagine would not feel any real desire to actually make Ireland a success. This is evidenced in Northern Ireland which, without huge subsidies, would be a failed State.

When Ireland was part of the Union, the British Government had made concerted efforts to ensure that Ireland would not be a competitor to the mainland, which pretty much culminated in Ireland being one of the very few developed Countries which never had an Industrial Revolution. Hell, even those living in the Northern half of England (a la Summerskin) argue that the London Government is entirely disinterested in their capacity for Economic growth.

We'll also still have pretty much the same Politicians. Unless you think that they're going to start sending over some Scottish and English MPs to run the different districts, or perhaps administer the Country through Direct Rule, much like Northern Ireland in the 70's; and we all know how well that went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭WanabeOlympian

If we were to join another country I would suggest a successful one! However it is irrelevant as we are in the European 'Union'. This idea doesn't make sense.

It would make more sense to build up Ireland again and strive to be successful like other small wealthy and successful EU countries... Denmark, the Netherlands and the non EU, Norway and Switzerland could be comparable to Ireland in population/size. If we strive to be like these countries we would be far more successful.

Part of the unsuccessfulness of Ireland would be looking to the UK for ideas/policies when clearly the UK is not a superior country in their policies or economy when compared with the countries mentioned above.

• Advertisement

Speak for yourself.

Sweet mother of Jesus. The sheer ignorance there is incredible. And on so many levels, too.

Given your little rant above about your beloved Britain's dirty war of murder and collusion against the native Irish in the most recent phase of Irish resistance to British colonial rule in Ireland, I will say without fear of contradiction that you very much care about Britain's rule in Ireland throughout history, and in particular defending it.

You sound like gbee or gigino - I can't remember which, but both (?) of them claimed to be from Cork, had a lamentable standard of English and passionately hated all things Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You sound like gbee or gigino - I can't remember which, but both (?) of them claimed to be from Cork, had a lamentable standard of English and passionately hated all things Irish.

I must say Seanchai, it's most unusual for you to be criticising the British.:confused:

:pac:

Calm down old bean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Never. And sure we've been "sold" and "re-sold" to the EU by Enda, so not an option anyway:mad::mad:

If we were to join another country I would suggest a successful one!

Ouch. hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

Well the Dail could keep doing the parish pump stuff they are good at like filling potholes and getting grants for farmers' sons. They could draft a national budget and get it approved by central gov. Westminster can take care of the macroeconomic stuff cos we're shít at it.

Are we not here already with Germany?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote: »

I must say Seanchai, it's most unusual for you to be criticising the British.:confused:

:pac:

Should you look somewhat closer you might notice it's only the delusional "Britain is superior" crowd of anti-Irish, Europhobic jingoists whom I criticise. The sort who claim a right to rule a part of Ireland and who talk about a place they term the "British Isles". These people are not, despite your contention, synonymous with "the British". Bad neighbours disgust me.

Advertisement