Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building site on Kilkenny Road?

Options
  • 24-09-2012 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Anyone know what's being built in the site opposite Dolmen Hotel on Kilkenny Road? Must be the only building site in Carlow at the moment:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Supposedly the location of a vocational school so i hear

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cwboy

Dont think its the vocational school. Think its houses. Though who would want to buy I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

again I had heard rumors that it was the IT building a new location for the IFE classes and set-up to move to as part of an agreement that the IT would get the land the IFE buildings currently occupy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

tommycahir wrote: »
    again I had heard rumors that it was the IT building a new location for the IFE classes and set-up to move to as part of an agreement that the IT would get the land the IFE buildings currently occupy.
    Definitely housing development by the Mcloughlin's, IT site is just a little closer to town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Carlow2011 wrote: »
    Definitely housing development by the Mcloughlin's, IT site is just a little closer to town

Another housing estate by them, couldn't they at least try finish the one out by walls forge/browneshill road (at back of the paddocks) before starting another?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

tommycahir wrote: »
    Carlow2011 wrote: »

Another housing estate by them, couldn't they at least try finish the one out by walls forge/browneshill road (at back of the paddocks) before starting another?
    Absolutely, must be some reason to start a new site when there's no market though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

They had to start buiding them or they would lose there planning permission. They will sit like that for a few years and see if the market picks up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭jimbo79

iano.p wrote: »
    They had to start buiding them or they would lose there planning permission. They will sit like that for a few years and see if the market picks up

what he said

Advertisement