Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay with Lodgement ATMs?

Options
  • 24-09-2012 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hi

I lodged some cash this evening on the new external Lodgement ATM in NUI Galway. I was expecting the cash to appear on my account so I could then transfer to another account online, no sign of it.

Do out-of-hours lodgements need to wait until the morning to be processed? Is there a delay?

Also the receipt says "Your balance is unavailable".

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi J o e.

Thanks for making us aware of the issue.
    We are looking into this for you and will post here as soon as we have an update.

Thanks
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Thanks Laura. The money transferred this morning.

Would be interested to know if this is normal or if it's meant to lodge directly in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

I have also noticed this in the last couple of weeks. There now appears to be a delay on cash lodgements appearing in accounts. Before, you could lodge the money, print a statement and it would be there.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

We can confirm that there is an issue at present with our Lodgement ATM in NUI Galway. An engineer is currently in attendance and the matter should be resolved today.

Apologies for the inconvenience and we appreciate you getting in touch.

Thanks
    Laura

I used the LATM again this evening - same thing again. Balance unavailable and the money hasn't lodged into my account. :confused:

There are two LATMs at NUIG, the other was "Out of Order".

• Advertisement

It is not the Galway machines, they appear to have changed how they process cash lodgements. The machines I noticed it on are in Dublin.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi J o e and Tow.

All cash lodgements paid into LATM's should be available immediately, although the lodgement itself will not appear on the account until the next working day. Cheque lodgements are applied to the account the following working day.

When a lodgement is made either by cash or cheque, the balance will not be available at the bottom of the receipt. Confirmation of your balance can be retrieved on the statement printer to ensure the lodgement was successful.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

All cash lodgements paid into LATM's should be available immediately, although the lodgement itself will not appear on the account until the next working day.
    They never worked like that, cash lodgements appeared in the time it to walk over to a statement printer.
    Confirmation of your balance can be retrieved on the statement printer to ensure the lodgement was successful.

This was the case until a couple of weeks ago, however it now takes several hours if lodged early in the morning on a bank working day.

In other words, the machines are no longer any faster for lodging cash than the old lodgement boxes and take far longer to use than throwing an envelope in a box and walking out the door.

Hi J o e and Tow.

All cash lodgements paid into LATM's should be available immediately, although the lodgement itself will not appear on the account until the next working day. Cheque lodgements are applied to the account the following working day.

When a lodgement is made either by cash or cheque, the balance will not be available at the bottom of the receipt. Confirmation of your balance can be retrieved on the statement printer to ensure the lodgement was successful.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Laura the balance on my account didn't increase after I lodged the cash. I printed a mini statement as well as checked on Banking 365, no sign of it until this morning.

Why would all receipts say balance unavailable if they're not meant to show balances? The machine I used does lodgements only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi,

Just to clarify, if lodgements are made during normal banking hours, the lodgement is immediately applied to the account. This can be confirmed using a statement printer, Banking365 or the balance facility on an ATM or some LATMs.

Lodgements made before normal banking hours, ie early in the morning of a banking day, will be posted to the account the same day. Lodgements made after normal banking hours will be posted to the customer's account the next working day. The value of cash lodgements made outside normal banking hours will not be reflected in your balance right away, however, it will be available immediately.

Lodgement only machines will not display your balance.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Advertisement

Lodgements made after normal banking hours will be posted to the customer's account the next working day. The value of cash lodgements made outside normal banking hours will not be reflected in your balance right away, however, it will be available immediately.

This is what I asked in the OP, some conflicting replies BOI.

Graham how can the value of the cash lodgements "be available immediately" if it hasn't been reflected in the balance?

I lodged money to transfer, the balance didn't increase. I still attempted to transfer the money on Banking 365 but it wouldn't allow me transfer more than the balance...?

J o e wrote: »
    This is what I asked in the OP, some conflicting replies BOI.

3 conflicting replies. In any event, cash lodgements no longer print as a transaction or appear in the balance of a mini statement as soon as they are made. They appear on 365 a few hours later.

Hi all,

Apologies for the confusion.

There are two types of LATM; a lodgement-only device and a multi-function device. The multi-function device accepts lodgements and also has all the functionality of our standard ATMs. Neither device will give you a balance on the lodgement receipt; it will always state "Your balance is unavailable".

You can get an on-screen balance on the multi-function device after you have made a lodgement; select Yes when asked if you require additional services. You can also check your balance using Banking365 or the statement printer. When you make a cash lodgement, the funds are available right away. It will appear as a transaction on your Banking365/mini statement and the value will be reflected in the balance immediately, regardless of whether it was lodged during or outside normal banking hours. Cash lodgements made outside normal banking hours will be credited on the next working day. A member of our staff undertook a transaction yesterday evening to confirm the above and the device was operating normally.

We are aware of, and apologise for the issues with one of the devices in NUIG. This is still being attended to by an engineer, however, the lodgement-only device is operating as normal.

We hope this helps to clarify things.
    Thanks for your posts,
    Graham

We are aware of, and apologise for the issues with one of the devices in NUIG. This is still being attended to by an engineer, however, the lodgement-only device is operating as normal.

We hope this helps to clarify things.
    Thanks for your posts,
    Graham

Hi Graham. It was the lodgement-only machine I used in both ocassions and it's definitely not updating the balance until the following day. Checked both with mini-statement and Banking 365.

The multi-function machine was out of order. I think you may have an issue with both machines. Did your member of staff check it after hours?

I can test it again this evening if you like, will be in working near it anyway.

When you make a cash lodgement, the funds are available right away. It will appear as a transaction on your Banking365/mini statement and the value will be reflected in the balance immediately, regardless of whether it was lodged during or outside normal banking hours. Cash lodgements made outside normal banking hours will be credited on the next working day.

These statements contradict each other.:confused:

It is not possible to get a reply from someone on the ground who manages these units, rather than a cut and paste from the script.

Yep, very confusing replies here!

Hi J o e,
    J o e wrote: »
    The multi-function machine was out of order. I think you may have an issue with both machines. Did your member of staff check it after hours?

I can test it again this evening if you like, will be in working near it anyway.

We can confirm that both devices are up and running now. Yes, our staff member did the lodgement after normal banking hours. If you're using the lodgement device this evening, we'd be grateful if you can update us please.

The confusion may be arising from the fact that cash lodgements made outside banking hours are credited the next working day, however, the funds are available immediately.

For example, if you have a zero balance and lodge €100 at 5pm this evening, you will have immediate access to the €100. An ATM, mini statement or Banking365 will show a balance of €100. This transaction will be credited to your account on 28/09/2012, not today's date.

Thanks,
    Graham

For example, if you have a zero balance and lodge €100 at 5pm this evening, you will have immediate access to the €100. An ATM, mini statement or Banking365 will show a balance of €100. This transaction will be credited to your account on 28/09/2012, not today's date.

This wasn't happening for me, the balance wasn't increasing after the lodgement. I'll try it again this evening and let you know.

OK Graham I tried it again this evening. Both LATMs were operating so I lodged a different amount of cash into both.

I printed a mini statement, checked on my Banking 365 app and on the Banking 365 website and my balance did not increase since making the lodgements. :(
    (by the way I lodged cash that wasn't previously in my account, i didn't withdraw then lodge)

If the lodged cash isn't meant to be available until the morning then fair enough but you say it should be and it isn't. I can PM you the Machine# and Record# for each transaction if that helps?

EDIT: 00:26 - still hasn't been reflected in balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

I lodged money at 9pm this evening in the LATM in stillorgan and it was reflected in my 365 account immediately - no delays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi J o e and rev2.0,

Thank you for coming back to us with that information.

J o e we would like to investigate this matter further. If you could please pm us with your name, phone number, name of branch and the receipt/record number.

Thanks again,
    Tara

PM Sent with details.

Hi J o e,

We've received your pm and will forward the details for investigation. We will come back to you as soon as possible with an update.

Thanks,
    Tara

Hi J o e,

We have sent you a pm, if you could please have a look when you can so we can further the investigation for you.

Thanks,
    Tara

Hey Tara,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get back onto to the BOI Branch during office hours - hence the late evening lodgements! Not sure what more info they needed?

Had reason to lodge more cash this evening, again it hasn't appeared on 365online yet.

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iainmac75

I lodged cash at the lodgement machine in the Castleblayney branch, Co Monaghan, at 13:48 today. I have just checked on 365online and my balance has not updated. I chose the option to make a payment and it is not showing the funds available either.

I understand the delay with cheques as they have to be verified, but the machine verified the notes I lodged so I don't understand why my account was not updated immediately.

Hi iainmac75.

We would like to look into this further for you.
    Please PM us with your name, account holding branch and contact number and we'll arrange for a representative to give you a call.

Thanks for your query.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iainmac75

Hi Laura,

When I try to PM it keeps coming up with an error message to complete both the subject and message fields. I have tried 4 times and keep getting the same message.

Regards,
    Iainmac75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi iainmac57,

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement