Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio Restore

Options
  • 24-09-2012 8:49pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The HD in my Sony VPCCB went bang on Friday , I have put a replacement HD in and reloaded Win7 but I'm looking for the restore disc's if anyone would have them . It's one week out of warranty and Sony want €70 for the set .

Any ideas where to get them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Do they have any of the drivers and stuff on their website? I've heard a lot of bad stories about Sony's management of drivers with locking down hardware demanding their own proprietary drivers and it's one of the key reasons that I'd avoid their stuff. It might be a thing of the past though and maybe you could find chipset drivers on Intel's site etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

They do indeed have a driver site, I use this one here as I bought the laptop in the US, they also have an EU one.
    OP, Just go to the 'Get Model Specific Support' section and type in your model no. which is usually on the bottom of the screen bezel. most of the stuff on the restore dics is a nightmare anyway-Vaio music centre and loads of bloat ware, this way you can install only what you require.

Advertisement