Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donore to Duffrin Avenue closed, loads of police.

Options
  • 24-09-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea whats happening at the above locations, just drove by, loads of police, all taped off and road closed between donore avenue and national statium ( Dufferin avenue ).

Looks like crime scene !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I'd have a guess at someone been shot or a pipe bomb. Wasn't that fella down near portarlington who was shot somehow involved with criminals in that locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Seems someone got shot, local taxi man just told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

yeah, I walked by earlier and it looked like some rubbish bins had been set on fire. Then I heard someone say someone had been shot....

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

A man has been shot dead on the South Circular Road in Dublin this evening.

The man in his 30s was shot dead close to Griffith College.
    He was pronounced dead at St James's Hospital.
    A dark car was seen leaving the scene and was found on fire on O'Curry Avenue shortly after...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0924/shooting-dublin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Wasn't actually found on O'Curry it was found at Cow Parlour, which is a laneway just off O'Curry, guards have it taped off.

Went over Sallys Bridge on my way home from work and it seemed the tent was on the side of the Mosque, loads of rented houses over that side.

Rumours already doing the rounds around here with who was shot.

• Advertisement

Rumours already doing the rounds around here with who was shot.

Just looked into the whole thing a bit more tonight, the Crumlin/Drimnagh feud has kicked back off again in the murder deparment. The lad who was shot dead in Laois today was part of the Rattigan gang, while my guess is the lad who was gunned down on the SCR was part of Fat Freddies. And it was a retaliation attack.

The lad who I've heard was shot dead, just escaped a hit last year when he was shot a few times.

Hoping this doesn't go back to the ways it used to be with armed garda check points on Clogher Rd/Donore Ave every evening and 24 hour garda presense outside Teresas Gardens, Dolphin House, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

Just looked into the whole thing a bit more tonight, the Crumlin/Drimnagh feud has kicked back off again in the murder deparment. The lad who was shot dead in Laois today was part of the Rattigan gang, while my guess is the lad who was gunned down on the SCR was part of Fat Freddies. And it was a retaliation attack.

The lad who I've heard was shot dead, just escaped a hit last year when he was shot a few times.

Hoping this doesn't go back to the ways it used to be with armed garda check points on Clogher Rd/Donore Ave every evening and 24 hour garda presense outside Teresas Gardens, Dolphin House, etc...

Should be called d8 feud really. All quiet in drimnagh for years. Eglington was from Fatima, Freddie from Maryland nothin to do with drimnagh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

ciaran_h wrote: »
    Should be called d8 feud really. All quiet in drimnagh for years. Eglington was from Fatima, Freddie from Maryland nothin to do with drimnagh
    Although Rattigan is from Drimnagh and considering the two main protagonists in this feud are himself and Freddie Thompson thats why it is called the Crumlin/Drimnagh, most of the people involved are from thoses areas.

http://www.herald.ie/news/families-flee-after-pipebomb-warnings-3069565.html

When you say "all quiet in Drimnagh" I take it you mean weeks and months not years

ciaran_h wrote: »

As Joekers pointed out, most of the involved parties are from Crumlin/Drimnagh with a handful around Dublin 8. The whol feud was more focused on D8 for a while when the INLA were trying to get in on the party down in the Coombe but they seem to have vanished.

Joekers wrote: »
    Although Rattigan is from Drimnagh and considering the two main protagonists in this feud are himself and Freddie Thompson thats why it is called the Crumlin/Drimnagh, most of the people involved are from thoses areas.

http://www.herald.ie/news/families-flee-after-pipebomb-warnings-3069565.html

When you say "all quiet in Drimnagh" I take it you mean weeks and months not years

No I mean years. If you rely on the herald for your news then good luck to u lock yourself into your house....do u live here? Do u even know where it is?

Ehh Maryland is where? Rialto....where Freddie was born n bred
    Rattigan is from drimnagh.
    Cannon- coombe
    Zambra coombe
    Warren -Theresa's gardens
    Gary Bryan- walkinstown
    Eglington- Rialto

I could go on...point is these blokes are not mainly from drimnagh but a wide area from James st, coombe, Rialto, crumlin, drimnagh , I chicory, out to Gallagher......it is unfair to taint 2 areas forever more

• Advertisement

I chicory - inchicore
    Gallagher - tallaght
    Damn predictive text

Gav you're wrong. Facts are the facts these boys are spread all over the place. That Doyle fella was from ncr. Long way from crumlin eh?

Advertisement