Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The editing is so bad.....no cooking, I've learnt nothing tonight other than Dylan's Mammy is dodgy on the carrots....

Their is some quirky editing tonight alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Very weak Con :(

What's the story with cleaning up? With the mess that some create, do the contestants have to clean up after themselves or were people hired to clean up after them does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah, I like the format of the rounds and I like the judges. You have to record it so you can forward through the australian ad break link up bits.

set it to record a 7am no 2 pm
    7am two add brakes

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

Has anyone lost the sound on tonights MCI??? Can't hear anything......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

set it to record a 7am no 2 pm
    7am two add brakes

:confused::confused::confused:

Now, this is a decent challenge for the contestants.

Ha! The reactions now are priceless with Sinead :)

Con's spare ribs don't look so great........

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

my first thought when he gave Nisha the tail was that it was probably a delicey in her home country & then turns out she cooked before it before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I sincerely hope that the "personalised feedback" given was more than was shown on the telly :eek: Focus and vision is all I remember hearing - not sure how constructive that would be.

And yes, bizarre editing - very difficult to watch after watching the BBC one just beforehand.

Nasty, nasty challenge this one!

Birdsong wrote: »
    my first thought when he gave Nisha the tail was that it was probably a delicey in her home country & then turns out she cooked before it before

Oh, I'd agree.......Birdsong..........I know nothing about MC but Nicha is, imo, "the teachers pet".....just show us some handy tips......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

lol - Sinead managed to stun the pair of them into complete silence!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

i think fidelma could be the dark horse, she has been consistanley & quietly moving through the competition & i don't remember her getting any negative comment

Birdsong wrote: »
    i think fidelma could be the dark horse, she has been consistanley & quietly moving through the competition & i don't remember her getting any negative comment

Ash Scallion............:D:D:D

Not my favourite episode to date & I got easily distracted elsewhere on boards tonight. Maybe next Thursday will be better.

Nothing strange there........The camera men and editing made it so obvious...........:(.......

Not exacting nail biting..............

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭DenMan

Disappointed to see Con go tonight. Had high hopes for him to win. Thought Sinead was a gonner. Hope she improves. Roll on next week.

Its like they are in an army camp, with the walking in straight lines and being told to exit through the masterechef doors

:confused::confused::confused:
    If you record masterchef Australia at 6 or at 7am on +1 there is only 2 advert not through usual ten minutes

you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Ash Scallion............:D:D:D

They liked that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ah come on now. They were given one dish, the ingredients, shown exactly how to do it, had a practice run and a chef looking over their shoulder the whole time. I'd be fairly confident that someone who isn't a complete idiot and has never cooked a thing in their life could do it.

I doubt if a restaurant like Locks in Portabello would let them wash the dishes.

Glad that Tamarin upped her game last night, as she had been flagging but does have loads of talent. Her dish did look yummers.

Sad to see Conn go, and can't believe Sinéad stayed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I think we don't get enough information to allow us to make a reasonable judgement of how the contestants are performing. That's down to an editorial approach that I think is ill-judged (I edited my sentence as I was composing: "editorial policy" didn't seem to fit).

I'm fairly sure that we are being given a selective and somewhat distorted view of each participant.

I'm fairly sure that we are being given a selective and somewhat distorted view of each participant.

No doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just watched last night's episode. Sinead is really coasting and needs to go. Conn had a terrible weekend, it's a pity cos he seemed promising at the start.

I have some questions for Spenny and Terry :D

1. How long is there between finishing cooking, and the judges getting to taste the food? I always imagine it must be ages with the camera crew having to get their shots of the dishes. Are they cold when they get to the judges? Or are they kept at an appropriate temperature? Surely the food is compromised be drying out/getting cold?

2. Do the judges get a new set of cutlery for every dish they taste? :D

3. Where did you stay during filming? Did you all get on? Any nights out together?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Only watching tonight too. No idea why, I don't like the show! It should be good, but I can't stand the judges, and lack of actually cooking talk on the show is unreal. The the judges couldn't be any more useless if they tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Half way through the replay now as I was carrying out some important Guinness tasting on Thursday. I really like Fidelma, intelligent, great attitude, heaps or talent, very daring... She's also very unfussy, quiet and undramatic unlike some of the contestants!

When others were getting compliments from the judges you could see her in the background beaming away. She obviously gets pleasure out of others doing well.

She just presented the terrine, the egg was soft. Well done.

• Advertisement

I guess it's just me watching the replay then.

Advertisement