Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Jayzus, Sineads been in the war, her poor apron.

:( I feel like giving her a hug. (Edit:im a girl, not that kinda hug, rawrr LOL)

When you get that stressed your cooking actually reflects the nerves and things get worse.

I hope she pulls it together in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Deffo, I keep forgetting about Brian though. Probably because he makes me fall asleep.

I can never think of his name. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I loved to have seen that Masterclass properly - I fancy the thought of Smoking a Pheasant in a wine box!

Damm the editing!...:(

It's Nicha's to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oooh that last fella was cheeky wasn't he?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Fidelma letting the pressure get to her. She's normally a steely wall of studious modesty.

Do not argue with the man that created the dish!

leahyl wrote: »
    Oooh that last fella was cheeky wasn't he?!

Which one?

EDIT: Never mind, I paused so am behind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ah Andy was just a gent! Wish him well in the kitchen in the future :)

Well done Andy. A mature, dignified and a little to early exit.

• Advertisement

Bit defensive, Terry!

It's Nicha's to lose.

At this point.

They expect huge things from her though.

The people love an underdog. Someone for example like Sinead or Fidelma.

If Nicha prepares picture perfect food every week and preforms prefectly under pressure then thats just no fun is it? It doesnt make for good TV and we certainly cant taste it.

People losing the head, having melt downs and wearing aprons that coulda come from Beirut. Well that's got a bit of drama to it and we love our drama. At least i hope there's a bit of competition in it at the end. Right now it's a walk.

themadchef wrote: »
    The people love an underdog. Someone for example like Sinead or Fidelma

Whatever about Sinead, I wouldn't have put Fidelma down as an underdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Bit defensive, Terry!

Yep, fair point, but I had to stand up for myself. I was last to present and a lot of us got really negative comments. SOme you didn't see. I thought some were uncalled for. I'm fine with them criticising my food, which was not great this week, but I wont take personal criticism like "you didn't care".

Shame to lose Andy. True gent and great cook.

She was shakey as hell tonight i thought.

You are ever only one bad dish away from the door on Masterchef.

monkeyman wrote: »
    Yep, fair point, but I had to stand up for myself. I was last to present and a lot of us got really negative comments. .

If the man who invented the dish is telling you it's crap you seriously have to learn to take it on the chin personal criticism and all. ......... Thank you for your feed back, grit your teeth, walk away.By the way we realise this is edited very heavily.

Try to think of it like this. If this was a restaurant, that was a customer, you thought it was fantastic, they told you it was poor at best. Would you argue even if you were the more experienced person? (which wasint the case here).

If you do you wont have any customers left.

You put huge effort into that dish, i cant imagine how difficult it must be to watch three people deconstruct it like that and basically say "meh" at the end of all your work.

Keep fighting the good fight on the plate, not in the air. ;)

She was shakey as hell tonight i thought

You're right there, but she's not uber confident, cocky and defensive... that doesn't make her an underdog, she's outperformed others by far on other challenges, others that passed with flying colours on occasion!!

You're right there, but she's not uber confident, cocky and defensive... that doesn't make her an underdog, she's outperformed others by far on other challenges, others that passed with flying colours on occasion!!

Nicha is the clear forward runner imo.

That makes everyone else an underdog in my books...

I'd prefer to be coming from that position than to be on top so early as it's a hell of a fall ;)

These are just my opinions Rambo, dont shoot me :p

monkeyman wrote: »
    Yep, fair point, but I had to stand up for myself. I was last to present and a lot of us got really negative comments. SOme you didn't see.

Everyone knows by now that these shows are heavily edited, so it's not really an excuse IMO. The criticism showed didn't seem that harsh. The mushrooms were raw, the pidgeon's smokiness wasn't discernible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Everyone knows by now that these shows are heavily edited, so it's not really an excuse IMO. The criticism showed didn't seem that harsh. The mushrooms were raw, the pidgeon's smokiness wasn't discernible.

We really shouldn't take it too seriously. Terry has pointed out both here and on the show that he was defensive because they said he didn't care, not because of the food.

I think it's safe to say that all the contestants care. Why would they be there otherwise!

I'm a firm believer in people standing up for themselves in all walks of life.
    It shows character and strength, a trait that chefs definately require.

If the judges were so annoyed with Terry over it they could have easily got rid of him yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭Thud

well done Spenny, didn't think you should have gone but went with class when you did. It looked as if you were teaching the other contestants more the Dylan and Nick and one of them even mentioned they thought you would win!

I still think the show comes across as more about knocking out the contestants and expecting them to have the skills already than nurturing/teaching them as in the other MC's.

Editiing on the masterclass was terrible so it came across as if he rushed through it and then said "now you cook it", was it like that?

Thought a fight was going to break out between Terry and guest chef, would have made good tv!!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Thud wrote: »

Thought a fight was going to break out between Terry and guest chef, would have made good tv!!

It did cross my mind. But I'm 10 stone and 5' 6". He would have beaten me with his stare alone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Saw that girl Sinéad in a Tesco on Baggot St this week, strutting about as though she was expecting requests for autographs at any given moment

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Thud wrote: »

Editiing on the masterclass was terrible so it came across as if he rushed through it and then said "now you cook it", was it like that?

Just watched this now, and thought the same - did he have a three-hour deadline to meet? Or how long did he take to do it all? It has to be different making it in your own time compared to cooking to a ticking clock, surely.... not that I'd be arguing with him about it or anything! Just remember that one of the girls said that she'd "peaked too early"

I would dearly love to see more of the cooking and less of the judges rabbitting on, it's just SO frustrating! If any editors are reading this thread, please take note.

Well done Spenny - I loved your dishes and thought you were a true gent on leaving. And thanks for the feedback here - it's lovely to get an insider's view!

Best of luck to Terry from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Straight after catching up on MC Ireland I'm watching MC Professional on BBC - and the difference in the judges/presenters is just staggering.

I wouldn't be the greatest fan of Michel Roux, or Greg whathishame, but they're supportive and encouraging all the way. Compared to the pair of miseryguts on RTE who seem to look for faults and criticism opportunities everywhere (and theirs are amateurs).... well, there just is NO comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Sorcha16 wrote: »
    Saw that girl Sinéad in a Tesco on Baggot St this week, strutting about as though she was expecting requests for autographs at any given moment

How do you strut about like that? What way do you have to act to look like you're expecting autograph requests?:confused:
    I don't think any of the contestants would act like that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ammonite

Thought it was a poor decision to let Andy go. I think Sinead's time on the show should be up. Has she even cooked a good dish since the audition?

Not enjoying the show that much compared to theu international versions. Standard of contestant not brilliant, lack of creative challenges, poorly edited. Although the show is superior to last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Half way through the replay now as I was carrying out some important Guinness tasting on Thursday. I really like Fidelma, intelligent, great attitude, heaps or talent, very daring... She's also very unfussy, quiet and undramatic unlike some of the contestants!

When others were getting compliments from the judges you could see her in the background beaming away. She obviously gets pleasure out of others doing well.
    The audit management coming out in Fidelma. Great organisation skills... surprising she's that creative.
    I reckon Fidelma should nail this. She's a sponge for info.
    Fidelma letting the pressure get to her. She's normally a steely wall of studious modesty.

I take it you are a fan of Fidelma's???? ;)

I take it you are a fan of Fidelma's???? ;)

I'm outside her house now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 missyelliot

Jayzus, Sineads been in the war, her poor apron.

:( I feel like giving her a hug. (Edit:im a girl, not that kinda hug, rawrr LOL)

When you get that stressed your cooking actually reflects the nerves and things get worse.

I hope she pulls it together in time.

Can't believe she poured boiling oil all over her hand and continued to finish the dish, I think people should be giving her more credit.

Advertisement