Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Terry, I'm sure you'll agree that you have had a dodgy last 2 weeks, however you have shown in previous episodes you have the ability.
    All it takes is one great dish one week and you're through.

I'm enjoying the show anyway!
    Would have loved to do the taste test

spot on. I cud easily have went the last two weeks. The 3 that left were great cooks and great friends now I'm glad to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd love a go of that taste test. I'm a rubbish cook, but definitely reckon I'd get more than 1. I know, easy saying that behind a keyboard, I think the biggest problem is thinking about them too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

monkeyman wrote: »
    U think I am argumentative. Nuff said.

I see u are an expert on rugby too! Must be great to be you.

Eh? Not sure how that's relevant and I'm sure you'll agree I am no expert in either rugby or reality tv programming. I merely stated an opinion, which i'm sure you'll agree is the raison d'être of boards.ie. That opinion is that if you're going to go on national television on a program whereby criticism is the basis of the spectacle, and follow it up on a public forum, you'll need a thicker skin that you are currently exhibiting.

If you pull it together and cook as well as it seems you could, you could easily win this (which you obviously know by now if you do). And if you do, and i hope you do cos it'll be great tv, you'll have earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

themadchef wrote: »
    Group hug for Rambo.

I liked Fidelma. Bit shocked she's gone myself.

Competition is hotting up now.

Sorry for the late replies, I was away... bummer Fid is out of the comp.

Hey, Spenny and Drunkmonkey, your postings here are really appreciated, don't let the sillies put you off. You say you are still friends with the other contestants, so did you tell them about this thread, and if not, will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just saw the replay. Wasn't expecting two eliminations. Fidelma was an accident waiting to happen. She had been struggling for weeks prior to it. I liked Jacinta, she had improved but it was clear they were the two weakest. I liked Kieran. He seemed upbeat and cared about the contestants. I believe he helped them very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭Thud

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Sorry for the late replies, I was away... bummer Fid is out of the comp.

Hey, Spenny and Drunkmonkey, your postings here are really appreciated, don't let the sillies put you off. You say you are still friends with the other contestants, so did you tell them about this thread, and if not, will you?

anyone in particular you are hoping might come on here???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Just caught up with the program last night.

What on earth was the "Naughty Chair" idea about.....I was embarrassed for the girl - she was not five years old.....just standing to the side would have sufficed I would have thought!!

The taste testing was a great idea, would have loved to tasted some of the offerings......

I see Nisha in on the RTE 2 promos for themselves naturally, there is also a glimpse of, oh, i can't think of her name, Tasmin? as well but it looks very much like Nisha is top dog.....I wonder......Wouldn't be the first time RTE shows you the end of a program as a trailer......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Anyone watching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Looks like a fun start tonight.

Least they will all be on an equal playing field. doubt too many will have experience with seaweeds!

Sashimi limpets! Eeugh :o

• Advertisement

Nice surf building up in the background.

Those limpets are actually class cooked on an open fire... They literally, sizzle like mad things and pop when done. :D

Just dont eat the black bit at the black :eek: (peels off in your hand)... hom nyom....

Does the carrageen naturally set? Is there some kind of natural gelatine in it??

Nice surf building up in the background.

Where did they find that weather?

Really looks beautiful...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Bord Failte organised it

themadchef wrote: »
    Where did they find that weather?

I had a few cracking weekends in the West and South West this year. They must be as lucky as me with the sun. :D

Nice fish!

Sinead's like Elf "I KNOW HIM!! I KNOW HIM!!"

Sinead's like Elf "I KNOW HIM!! I KNOW HIM!!"

How does she know him?

amdublin wrote: »
    Does the carrageen naturally set? Is there some kind of natural gelatine in it??

Yeah, it's dried when you buy it. You rehydrate it and it melts into what your cooking like a gel .(It needs straining clearly at some point as it wont completly dissapate) When it cools it sets like a gel... but honestly the only way i'd have it is to drink it warm. I dont particularly like it tbh (shot for sayinig it!) it's a bit slimey :D

The older generation where i live claim there's a great cure in it if you are ill. So there's quite a tradition of picking carrageen and drying it so it bleaches naturally with the sun.

Dillisk is quite nice.

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    How does she know him?

Ok... "I KNOW OF HIM, I KNOW OF HIM!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

This was a good masterclass, learned from him myself :) more of these would have been good

Some scowler that fella McGrath.

Jaysis someone was attacking the scales there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Birdsong wrote: »
    This was a good masterclass, learned from him myself :) more of these would have been good

Same here. Masterclass for the audience too :)

Ooh crab after the break?

Roast salmon and crab mayo!!!

Mmmmmmmmmm :pac:

I love brown crab!

Savage, good man. This is fantastic television.

How many people throw that out because they dont know what to do with the insides!

Lee Marvin watching this now!

• Advertisement

This guys great at explaining stuff.

Advertisement