Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I don't really like this gimicky scientific cooking.
    Me neither, don't like all the nitrogen and dry ice etc. Makes the food look cold and not enticing

[/QUOTE]They're like a cult all in their suits.[/QUOTE]
    Reminded me of Goodfellas when they all sat down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

amdublin wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it!

Jaysis no female Michelin star chefs?? They're like a cult all in their suits.

Anyone who can name a field where women out-do men in the very top echelon, please speak up.
    ;)

Honestly, personally, Michelin is a load of **** :D I watched in awe as Gordon chased his Michelin star dream (all televised of course) and finally he got it. . . . .Anti climax lol

Good food, from decent sources, cooked well, charged fairly and served in a comfortable surrounding with a genuine atmosphere of welcome and warmth shouldint come with a tag it should be a bog standard thing.

Stick a few stars in it €€€

Well done Terry.

Secret hand shakes all around.. well mostly lol. Always one bah humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

The editing is consistent anyway....

Dylan being hard on Brian.....

Dylan beaming at Nisha....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Will be RTE player for me tomorrow but looking forward to it after reading these comments to date :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I like Nicha's persona.

And Derry. And the Chapter One guy.

Has Nicha ever had a bad dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Not much cooking going on, and I bet that Dylan was doing most of it.

It does not help that BBC Masterchef was on earlier.

Big guy is going IMO

If she has i dont remember it.

• Advertisement

My money is on Nicha or Tamrin to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

themadchef wrote: »
    Competition getting tighter now...

Semi!

It's very exciting all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

May be a silly question but what's the story with the big puffy pillow thing Nichas desert was served on......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

anmhi02 wrote: »

May be a silly question but what's the story with the big puffy pillow thing Nichas desert was served on......

art/fun really

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

Dempsey wrote: »

art/fun really
    But wasn't it filled with lavender air? Simple hot air could have done :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ebbsy wrote: »
    Not much cooking going on, and I bet that Dylan was doing most of it.

It does not help that BBC Masterchef was on earlier.

In fairness it's amateur chefs v professional ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭Thud

how much of Nicha's dish did Dylan end up doing??

Dylans menu seemed to be a bit gimicky using ideas that appeared on other shows a few seasons ago, I think the whole molecular gastronomy thing is starting to get a bit boring (dry ice, vapors, gels/foams meh)

In fairness it's amateur chefs v professional ones.

True but there is more cooking going on in the BBC amateur version as well.

Thud wrote: »
    how much of Nicha's dish did Dylan end up doing??

Dylans menu seemed to be a bit gimicky using ideas that appeared on other shows a few seasons ago, I think the whole molecular gastronomy thing is starting to get a bit boring (dry ice, vapors, gels/foams meh)

Id say he ended up cooking the whole dish.

Interesting that on the whole most of the dishes were given a verbal carpetbombing by the chefs as well.

Just watching now, thanks to RTE player - Oh my! This is a challenge and a half for everyone :)

• Advertisement

These dishes are so intrinsic and delicate, Dylan is beaming when explaining and demonstrating - going by what I've seen of him to date, Dylan truly loves a challenge!

It's nice to see the friendly smiley side of Nick - more of that!

awwh not Brian! Well done to you for getting this far . You were a gent on leaving and right throughout. Keep Cooking Brian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just after catching up. Really didn't enjoy that episode. Probably because I'm watching the professional series on BBC at the moment as well. But surely for a semi-final they should have served a dish of their own invention for the Michelin star chefs?? :confused: That really annoyed me so much. I can't stand the set-up of the show, I didn't watch last year and I won't be watching next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just after catching up. Really didn't enjoy that episode. Probably because I'm watching the professional series on BBC at the moment as well. But surely for a semi-final they should have served a dish of their own invention for the Michelin star chefs?? :confused: That really annoyed me so much. I can't stand the set-up of the show, I didn't watch last year and I won't be watching next year.

What annoyed me is the fact that they are all serving completely different dishes. Nicha's one probably had the most elements to it but if anyone else had done it, they probably would have gotten the same praise.

Another thing that I don't like is I feel like I don't know the contestants at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Have to say I found that episode terribly boring.
    I appreciate that the diners were Michelin Star chefs but why couldn't they let the contestants cook their own recipes?
    I know the dishes were very intricate and it was difficult but c'mon.... I thought the idea is to showcase your own skills and taste, not replicate s done else's recipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

On tonight 9.30, and tomorrow

fifi234ie wrote: »
    On tonight 9.30, and tomorrow

Will have to watch both on RTE player again.

The Thai bird is going to win it. They might as well give it to her now, she seems to be producing the very best every week ? The lads have gone from looking like favourites to complete flops.

• Advertisement

Tonight might actually be a bit of craic.

Actual kitchens are a whole different ball game.

Good luck lads :D

Advertisement