Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Sh1ttin bricks I was. The speed things were happening in L'Autre Pied was unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

monkeyman wrote: »
    Sh1ttin bricks I was. The speed things were happening in L'Autre Pied was unreal

Ah yeah but the buzz is unreal :D

There is honestly no feeling like it when you are literally full board and balls to the wall. No way to describe how the kitchen machine works like that. It's like a living breathing machine... all 8 /12 of you working as one, thinking as one. The shouting turns to silence very quickly and the pass becomes an alter :D

You held up well! Fair play....

Restaurant seats 16 people, 13 chefs :eek:

In da name of jayzus can you imagine what you are paying to eat there?

Waiters, porters, and all the others overheads ???????

\ Faints

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bjorn takes no prisoners!

Are they getting rid of someone tonight?

• Advertisement

Tamarin back to her first night glory!

..but at least Terry learned not to take the heads off them ;)

Gracious.

Nice to see Niche be a bit less robot like too!

Great test by the looks of it.

This is going to be a really tough call for the boys...

Good luck Terry!

amdublin wrote: »
    Are they getting rid of someone tonight?

I think this is the Semi is it not?

So i doubt it... cause there is a show tomorrow nighr

Im only guessing though :pac:

I'm placing my bet now.

3rd Terry
    Nicha or Tamarin to win.

I'm going to say Nicha 1st. Tamarin 2nd.

Lay your bets now folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Reckon that's the final result too, Amdub. Shoulda put a tenner on Nisha at the start of the series

• Advertisement

I dunno....

The pressure may well have got to Nisha tonight. She may find it hard to get her Mojo back. Never take it for granted that she will be back to 100% next week. The pressure to be perfect, it was inside her comfort zone initially, now it is not. The final test will bring immense pressure, untimate pressure, presume nothing.

If she holds her game she is fully deserving of it, however if she does not......well :cool:

Terry and Tamarin can both have every shot at this. Their game needs to be at its highest. Eye on the prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

themadchef wrote: »
    Restaurant seats 16 people, 13 chefs :eek:

In da name of jayzus can you imagine what you are paying to eat there?

Waiters, porters, and all the others overheads ???????

\ Faints

It's similar in Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck.
    He has something like 40 chefs for 42 covers!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Once again I'm catching up with both this and the UK show on the same night, and once again I'm irritated beyond belief with the Irish one. Fair enough, the UK one on at the moment has professional chefs competing, but seriously, it's hard to believe they even come from the same planet. Most of the blame for that I would put on the producers/directors/editors (I'm not a telly person so not entirely sure who exactly to blame) - the Irish one looks really shabby and amateur in comparison (the show, not the contestants!).

I won't be tuning in to MI again unless it's changed radically for the next one - if there is a next one.

But since I've followed this one from the start - Tamarin to win, can't call it between Nisha and Terry - before the last show I would have said Nisha but not so sure now that the pressure seems to have done for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    the Irish one looks really shabby and amateur in comparison (the show, not the contestants!).

That's because they ARE amateur. Everyone compares the shows but there is a huge difference between professional chefs (some of whom like Anton actually run their own restaurant) and amateur chefs on the Irish one. Most of whom probably just potter about at home in the kitchen.

In fairness RTE often produce plenty of cheap looking shows but I wouldn't say Masterchef is one of them. The contestants are just not comparable to the UK one because it's amateurs v professionals.

Nicha really does have an incredible graciousness about her. Fabulous personality.

But this intro is very long.

Half dead on the couch and i just had to switch on the telly and the lap top, that says it all.

Come on Terry ya good thing!

Aww cute little girl

There's no way Tamarin's mam could deny her! The spit of each other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I just watched last nights one. The sous chef with the hair that didn't match the beard, hovering... watching... waiting....

Hilarious.

Mind you, Terry looks like a dark assassin when he's getting criticism, the way those sharks eyes go flat and expressionless. (Terry, your daughter's lovely)

I missed Nicha's background bit, I'll catch it on the player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

That's because they ARE amateur. Everyone compares the shows but there is a huge difference between professional chefs (some of whom like Anton actually run their own restaurant) and amateur chefs on the Irish one. Most of whom probably just potter about at home in the kitchen.

In fairness RTE often produce plenty of cheap looking shows but I wouldn't say Masterchef is one of them. The contestants are just not comparable to the UK one because it's amateurs v professionals.
    There's an amateur UK one as well that shows much more cooking skill than the Irish one.
    I don't think I'll be watching the Irish one anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

They all came across so well in the intro that I really don't mind which one wins. They are all extremely nice people with tremendous ability to cook. Good luck all !

Overall i actually really enjoyed this series.

Best episode by a long shot for me being the Salmon episode. He was the most down to earth, interesting and informative chef.

Very entertaining overall. Lets hope they bring it all together tonight.
    25k at stake, bound to bring on a dose of the shakes, nerves, forget me nots...

This is where the Jedi shines through :pac:

My money is still on Nicha!

My money's on Tamarin.

Ooh Tamarin could be a competitor!

Wasn't long before Tamarin got the braai out!

When are they gonna make a TV we can lick! :(

(Actually ...That would probably be a really bad thing :pac: LOL)

I'm frickin starving.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

There is way to much talking from the judges and not enough of the cooking been shown.

I'd say its a lot to do with budget! And bad editing!

• Advertisement

Looked savage though...

Advertisement