Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Ireland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

amdublin wrote: »
    fifi234ie wrote: »
    I think last year it was a building opp Heuston Station.

Yes I think it was Kilmainham last year

Yeah in the old army barracks building across from the entrance to the gael scoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Cienciano wrote: »
    Where is the location of the kitchen anyone know?
    Looks like somewhere in portobello dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ecarg

The trout looks tough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Tinned peas! On Masterchef!

Fingers crossed keith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Tourettes is off again. I really like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

None of them are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Pressure must be unreal in there. Rabbits in the head lights.

Oh and believe me if youre used to being on your feet all day, being forced to sit on your ass for an entire day is tiring. All for a couple of minutes of critquing a dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Tinned peas! Why would she use tinned peas?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭Thud

You'd think she'd at least have watched a few episodes before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Fingers crossed keith

:D

The face on him, priceless!

• Advertisement

They are difficult to please! I can't believe none off them got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭Thud

Only 3/4 through could be a short series

but, in fairness....TInned Peas!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Love Masterchef Ireland! So entertaining!! And with the lovely Dylan McGrath what more could one want?! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spenny

This year's show was filmed in the Old John Player factory on Donore Avenue in Dublin.

Well done to everyone on the show last night, and congratulations Joe, Nina, Sinead,Conn, Brian and Tams on cooking fabulous dishes & getting your aprons, I know how hard it was in the auditions.

Well done on entering Spenny.

Were you on last night?
    What did you cook?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

spenny wrote: »
    This year's show was filmed in the Old John Player factory on Donore Avenue in Dublin.

Well done to everyone on the show last night, and congratulations Joe, Nina, Sinead,Conn, Brian and Tams on cooking fabulous dishes & getting your aprons, I know how hard it was in the auditions.
    Looked stressful all right.
    Is this the place: http://goo.gl/maps/fRGuL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

That is indeed the old John Player factory.

There is always loads of tv production equipment and vehicles parked out back.

Chong wrote: »
    That is indeed the old John Player factory.

There is always loads of tv production equipment and vehicles parked out back.

No I wasn't in Thursday' s auditions but I might be next week!

Why are they showing a REPEAT at this stupid PRIME time :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

spenny wrote: »
    No I wasn't in Thursday' s auditions but I might be next week!

What's your name so we can root veg for you?

(culinary gag there)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

One of the better shows on television. Nothing staged, no sob stories, if you are good enough you "may" get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I was a bit disappointed by the 'challenges' they had them do last year. They were mostly just given a recipe and shown how to do it. Hopefully its not more of the same this year! The BBC masterchef has much more entertaining challenges such as themes and invent your own dish on the spot. The calibre of contestant over there is much higher though which is to be expected with a much larger population.

I can't tell you what I cooked at the audition or whether I got an apron but I can assure you that the contestants were never allowed to consult recipes at any stages of the TV kitchen or outdoor challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think I will enter it next year. Gonna' cook a peanut butter sandwich, or maybe a boiled egg? Or, I could do a dessert. Custard (from the pack).

I think you will find the challenges very interesting & challenging on this year's show!

The budget for the Irish version of Masterchef was somewhere around €250,000, the UK version has a budget of £5m and the American and Australian versions a great deal higher, so let's see at the end of the series whether given the budget differences we had an inferior programme or more importantly inferior contestants which I doubt!

The process of getting to the audition stage of the programme is not easy itself, there are three stages you have to get through before you get the chance to cook in front of the judges so anyone who thinks it is a piece of cake (pardon the pun) to get chosen for the audition stages is wrong and should try it themselves if they feel the standard of contestant in this year's show is below par.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I was a bit disappointed by the 'challenges' they had them do last year. They were mostly just given a recipe and shown how to do it. Hopefully its not more of the same this year! The BBC masterchef has much more entertaining challenges such as themes and invent your own dish on the spot. The calibre of contestant over there is much higher though which is to be expected with a much larger population.

Disagree with this as being shown a dish and asked to replicate it (which is also done on BBC) is a very hard thing to do at this level.

Also, more population doesn't always mean better, statistics don't work that way.

I find the judges on RTE friendlier and not as 'celebrity' as the two on BBC.

The taste challenge / identify flavours challenge was something else last year!

Dylan and Nick are not born TV presenters however, I won't have a word said against them, both true gentleman and from my own point of view will be friends of mine as long as they want to be!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Hi to everyone on the thread.....

Just caught up with this on the repeat........Well done Spenny for your involvement - I can only imagine the stress you were under!.....

Didn't fancy a lot of last weeks entrants! (the SA girl was one to watch imo)........Really looking forward to following the thread........:)...

How would you smuggle one of the fancy mixers out of the place?????????...........:):):)

Advertisement