Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin study spaces?

• 24-09-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

My school doesn't exactly offer a dedicated study space, and absolutely no study space after the days classes have finished.

Are there any good study spaces (quiet) in the City centre.. or Ranelagh area that stay open late/on weekends?

Rathmines library offer awkward slanted desks and arnt open sundays.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 life after school

ILAC library is quiet after 5pm on weekdays. Closed Sundays though unfortunately.

Trinity College will have dedicated spaces for study.

I will ask of specific areas suitable within the grounds but try your own sources as well. The main library may be a good start.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

You won't be allowed into the Trinity Library if you're not a student there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Rathmines has a flat table upstairs plus there is random seats all over the place. The central library is mess. It can take 30 mins to get a seat. But I discovered if you walk in the door go right not left and down the hall is a music sections with tons of empty desks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Stating the obvious, have you asked your school to provide study space?
    Most schools have staff around for at least an hour following classes and they could supervise it as part of the Croke Park hours.

Alternatively, upstairs in Pearse Street library is not usually that busy and is very quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Thank you for all the replies, very much appreciated! I'll have a look at the suggested libraries :)

@ Spurious: I have asked and unfortunately they're not interested in providing a study space, even if it was unsupervised

• Advertisement
Advertisement