Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Shot Dead in Dublin

• 24-09-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭

Man shot dead outside griffith college on the south circular road in dublin tonight.

Just announced on rte news there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Could be retaliation for Gerard Eglington..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

was thinking would someone start a thread.

Just me or has it got very bad lately between stabbings and shootings, actually cant even count how many its been now in the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Poor guy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

**** them. Let them kill each other. No great loss. Wouldn't say the gaurds be looking to hard for that fella in portarlingtons killers
    I'm sure that gob****e in the herald will have his life story by the time it goes to print tonight. That or he'll just specualte and make **** up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

df1985 wrote: »
    Just me or has it got very bad lately between stabbings and shootings, actually cant even count how many its been now in the last few weeks.
    It has. It happens in clusters like this sometimes. I remember a few years back the same thing happened in Limerick iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Someone probably heard what Griffith College charge for their courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

df1985 wrote: »
    was thinking would someone start a thread.

It's not just you. I go through fits and stages of keeping up with the news, but I don't remember a run of violence like this before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Slunk wrote: »
    **** them. Let them kill each other. No great loss.

Shane Geoghegan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

'Sake

Yes there is the odd case of mistaken identity and that really is terrible for people to go through but in general you don't get shot for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Yes there is the odd case of mistaken identity and that really is terrible for people to go through but in general you don't get shot for no reason.

And before knowing the facts you're assuming that this isn't one of the odd cases ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

It's getting ridiculously out of hand at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Would it not be better if human beings just wern't shooting each other at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

no rozzers around these days init

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Live by the sword, die by the sword as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

really?

you also left out being a witness to a shooting, being in the wrong place at the wrong time... you can add that to the list of 'odd case'

Yep. I'd hazzard a guess he was known to gardai. As I said you rarely get shot for nothing. He was either known to gardai or someones had a lucky escape at the cost of someone else which I doubt

Live by the sword, die by the sword as they say.

Live by the mistaken identity, die by the mistaken identity as they say......

Is it not better to wait until all the facts have come in until leaping to conclusions?

I'm not saying that's what happened. Just saying. If he was known to gardai as they say its no great loss. Dunno why everyone gets all worked up. Yes, unfortunately it could be an innocent victim but more than likely they had it coming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Simple, there aren't that many tards murdering each other that often, when it happens Garda resources should go heavily on these specific incidents and when they're caught give them non parole sentences with no interaction with anyone else in jail, max security type thing, exclusively kept for cold blooded murderers, in America this is highly effective, mafia and heads of gangs isolated from reality.
    There's black and white and grey, murderers in the black area of the law should be treated below the level of battery farmed chickens. There's at max a few hundred, get them in cages and the 4 million odd will be safer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's getting pretty bad when the first thought in my head after reading the title of the thread was "So?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

madma wrote: »
    really?

you also left out being a witness to a shooting, being in the wrong place at the wrong time... you can add that to the list of 'odd case'

Anthony Coleman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

At this rate it would be quicker to report daily the people who haven't been shot in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

**** them. Let them kill each other. No great loss. Wouldn't say the gaurds be looking to hard for that fella in portarlingtons killers
    I'm sure that gob****e in the herald will have his life story by the time it goes to print tonight. That or he'll just specualte and make **** up

Funny you should mention speculating and making shit up...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Me_Grapes

I do think people are losing the run of themselvs though.

Ireland isn't a fraction of how dangerous countries like South Africa, Mexico, Coloumbia or Hondouras are, to give just a few examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Simple, there aren't that many tards murdering each other that often, when it happens Garda resources should go heavily on these specific incidents and when they're caught give them non parole sentences with no interaction with anyone else in jail, max security type thing, exclusively kept for cold blooded murderers, in America this is highly effective, mafia and heads of gangs isolated from reality.
    There's black and white and grey, murderers in the black area of the law should be treated below the level of battery farmed chickens. There's at max a few hundred, get them in cages and the 4 million odd will be safer.

The man shot this morning was personally responsable for reducing Garda resources. Of course he did it by killing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anthony Coleman

Anthony Campbell, 20, Apprentice Plumber.

Poor lad was only doing a hard days graft and was blasted in cold blood in case he could be used as a witness. Occured during the execution of Martin "marlo' Hyland, who was killed in his sleep and felt nothing. This really pissed me off big time when it happened. His poor mother had to bury him. RIP young man.

MagicSean wrote: »
    The man shot this morning was personally responsable for reducing Garda resources. Of course he did it by killing them.

He was a Garda killer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Not major news tbh, seems to be happening every other day in Dublin.

Maybe you would be better off posting it in the thread in the Dublin forum.

Just sayin like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement