Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tenant Purchase Scheme - Council Valuation Fee?

• 24-09-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any boardsies can help with this query.
    Where can I find out if the tenant is liable to pay for a county councils valuation of a rented house under the tenant purchase scheme?
    Should the Co.Co pay the fee for their valuation or must the potential buyer pay that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 nessabeaut

The council pay for it, but if you want to get your own private valuation done (which i advise ) then it could cost between 150-180€ for the valuation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

You have to apply for it, with an application fee of €125, which covers the valuation, the council do get it valued but the application fee pays for it the applicant can then get their own one done if they dont agree with the original valuation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 nessabeaut

I have got a valuation done by the co co under the tenant purchase scheme. No fees were involved. Only when i went to get my own private done did it cost money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Works different in my area, the application costs €125 and they use this for the valuation, must be different in each local authority area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Someone I know asked me about this and I couldn't find any info on the web at tall re: regulation, I guessed it's different in various counties, but they are being charged for the Councils valuation, the application fee and have paid for their own private valuation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement