Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Marathon 15/04/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

You gotta love the map tracking with the little runners with the speedy legs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Can you post the link please L?

http://www.baa.org/individual.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

TRR wrote: »
    yahoo he's back in :) 37.10 for first 10k, nicely
    He's back and he's flying!

Digs with a projected 3:06. All motoring nicely.
    Larry accelerating..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Can you post the link please L?

http://www.baa.org/individual.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

menoscemo wrote: »
    Diger thru 5k in 7:08/mile pace.

For some reason i thought you were doing this!!!

Impressive updating boards and doing a great marathon at the same time:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

ecoli wrote: »
    Boston site gives projections based on average pace hard to judge due to a) downhill nature of the first six mile and b) conservative nature of a start to a marathon from most people

Ok, cheers. Not particularly accurate then, given the undulating course.

Kurt Godel wrote: »

Nope but handy enough to have as updates with each 5k split to give you an indication of whether they are on target or not to an extent

Dory dory on 3:30 pace after 5K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Anyone know PaulieYifter's number?

Dory Dory out conservatively in 24.55 for 5k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

It's not that bad, first 10k are potentially the quickest though. Sure they have to set off bikes with the wheel chair athletes to make sure they don't go too fast.

Good to see everybody moving nicely and by the looks of it nobody has blown their beans in the first few miles

Nope but handy enough to have as updates with each 5k split to give you an indication of whether they are on target or not to an extent

I see Joe's 1st 5k has been added, 18:31, 2nd 18:39. Hard to extrapolate without knowing the course.

Anyone who has ran the course: what's the slowdown like with the hills during the second half?

Dory Dory out conservatively in 24.55 for 5k

Was sure she was going to do 20mins for the first 5k ;)

I see Joe's 1st 5k has been added, 18:31, 2nd 18:39. Hard to extrapolate without knowing the course.

Anyone who has ran the course: what's the slowdown like with the hills during the second half?

There is a bit of a slow down but from 21 onwards it all down so can make time back. I know somebody (me) who ran a 20 second negative split on it. I'm pretty fooking special though ;)

First half is faster than the second, but there is a net downhill over the entire course (only around 200 feet though). Tough point is Heartbreak Hill, which is around mile 17/18, if memory serves me correctly. Last mile or two are downhill, so if you pace the first 20 miles correctly, you should finish fast. Conditions seem to be perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

neilc wrote: »
    Anyone know PaulieYifter's number?

5287; he is on 2:59 pace through 10k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

No sign of a 10k split for CL yet. Hope it is just a technical glitch...

Joe should be kissing girls in Wellseley shortly, so you can expect his next split to be slow. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I've refreshed a few times, does everyone else have Orna's feed frozen at 10k?

Went through the course last week. 1st six miles are quick, next 10 miles a small bit of undulation, next 5 has a few climbs including HB Hill then ;ast 5 is relatively downhill so I would say if you went out conservative in the 1st 10k the hills should be offset by the downhill and the second half shouldn't be that slow. I think alot of people go out too hard on the 1st 10k due to the downhill and suffer on the climbs later on as a result (Most of this is just based on feedback from people who have ran it and me going over the course profile though so can be taken with a pinch of salt)

• Advertisement

Was sure she was going to do 20mins for the first 5k ;)

She was under strict orders (Lots of underlined words in bold in the emails :D)

Joe should be kissing girls in Wellseley shortly, so you can expect his next split to be slow. ;)

18:43 for 3rd 5K.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Note: Sign up for this next year:cool:

I've refreshed a few times, does everyone else have Orna's feed frozen at 10k?

Yes it happens sometime, hopefuly just a glitch. Auld digger has the smell of meno's PB is his nostrils ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

TRR wrote: »
    Yes it happens sometime, hopefuly just a glitch. Auld digger has the smell of meno's PB is his nostrils ;)

That and liver salts!;)

CL's split just up now 21.51 for 2nd 5k. Keeping it nice and steady. They all are in fact

Interesting that Félix is currently winning the women's race. Hasn't Fionnula Britton consistently beaten Félix in the last few years? Should be a good boost for Britton, if Félix can hold onto the lead and take the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

claralara through 10k in 43.28 on course for 3.03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Interesting that Félix is currently winning the women's race. Hasn't Fionnula Britton consistently beaten Félix in the last few years? Should be a good boost for Britton, if Félix can hold onto the lead and take the win.

Yep but she has beaten her on the track, felix has run a lot of half marathons over the past few years and think this is her 3rd marathon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

CL - 15k in 1.05 split of 21.42

Advertisement