Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Days..

• 24-09-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hey guys, doing my leaving cert next June. I have always been a relatively hard worker and have started the year well, all homework done/studying every day and perfect attendance.

Trouble is, I want to go to a gig in dublin on a thursday which involves me getting a train up from Cork Thursday afternoon, and missing school on Friday. I will be in Dublin again all day Saturday to Sunday afternoon. Basically, I won't get much study done from Thursday to Sunday. I hope to do arts which is relatively low points. Surely a weekend won't ruin my Leaving Cert? I don't intend on missing school again for the rest of the year.

Only asking as my parents are pretty set against me missing a single day. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

A weekend certainly won't ruin your Leaving Cert, and certainly not missing a single day in school :pac: You can easily spend the following weekend catching up on the stuff you will have missed on Friday and you surely wont be covering an awful lot in just one day, don't worry about it at all! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Just go, you'll be perfectly fine :P If you do miss anything, it'll be easy to catch up. You'll be far more likely to say in the future "I wish I'd gone to that gig" than "I wish I'd gone to school that day!"

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Well Ive already missed 1 and a half days, probably going to miss the whole of next week for medical reasons and Im going to be missing another 2/3 days with concerts next year alone. And touch wood there wont be anymore unexpected reasons.
    But sure people take days off for open days or higher options or retreats.. Missed/Going to miss more days for those too

In short, It'll be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 D3luka

Missed 1 day so far no big deal just catch up on notes

Advertisement