Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I admit the other poll was Bad!!!

Options
  • 24-09-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Here is the poll everyone wanted!!!

I believe its very viable and will prove a lot of people wrong....

For me game fishing, especially for WILD salmon and sea trout is number one...

In case people don't know, Course Fishing consists of fish species, Pike, roach, rainbows, trench, carp etc....

Game fishing consists of fish species, Salmon, Sea trout, Brown trout, Artic Char....

Sea fishing is obvious...

My short explanation is game fishing is for wild fish and course fish is for fish that are stocked or were once stocked, and are now wild, but are not indigenous to Ireland.....

Whats your favorite type of Fishing? 24 votes

Game Fishing
    0%
    Course Fishing
    50%
    stevenmuOctopusChopperdog 2decdonpullandbangeddie12pedro7golf nutdanbrosnancoolhandspanPedalstoolBobbyPropane 12 votes
    Sea Fishing
    50%
    davyccytpe2r5bxkn0c1deadlybuzzman8k2q1gfcz9s5d4viper123tin79skipzMacy0161Mickey DazzlerjkchambersglabouskyLakelands Gundog Services 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Sea Fishing
    I ticked coarse, but I love all types of fishing weather it be fly,coarse,pike,beach casting, spinning.......

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Sea Fishing
    You really should have a seperate option for pike. I am a pike angler and ticked coarse.
    I really dont know why you listed rainbows as a coarse fish species

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Course Fishing
    jkchambers wrote: »
    You really should have a seperate option for pike. I am a pike angler and ticked coarse.
    I really dont know why you listed rainbows as a coarse fish species

Sure in the last poll people were giving out that i didn't do it this way, proving the point you cant keep everyone happy... lol...

I would 100% consider rainbows a course fish as there are stocked they are not wild, my idea of game fishing is completely wild like wild atlantic salmon, sea trout and brown trout... Now some people are going to disagree and thats fine... But i think the purist will understand where i am coming from...

Course Fishing
    I ticked coarse, but I love all types of fishing weather it be fly,coarse,pike,beach casting, spinning.......

Same as you, but down here in kerry there is hardly no course angling, i go to mayo in april for pike but game angling is my number 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lakelands Gundog Services

Sea Fishing
    Rainbows are not a Coarse fish, they are a Game fish and Pike are a Coarse fish, jeez lads you'd think ye'd know what ye'r fishing for!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Sea Fishing
    Rainbows are a game fish ok.
    Pike are in a category of their own with Inland Fisheries Ireland and the Dept. On the Continent pike are listed among game fish.

Sea Fishing
    Game fish = Salmon, Trout and Char.. Thats it.

Sea Fishing
    Perch, Pike, Zander all Coarse fish species.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Fly fishing for sea trout after dark, fishing tiny streams and lakes around Kerry for small but hard fighting wild brown trout, stockie bashing on a hot summers day, rock hoping with light gear for large pollock, lure fishing around the rocks from a small kayak.

There ya go Dan, everything I do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

danbrosnan wrote: »
    For me game fishing, especially for WILD salmon and sea trout is number one...

Farmed Salmon fishing..........A fish on every cast:)

• Advertisement

Sea Fishing
    Same as you, but down here in kerry there is hardly no course angling, i go to mayo in april for pike but game angling is my number 1...

Im a roscomon man, working in letterkenny. no coarse fishing up here, but doing a bit on the fly and some sea fishing.

Sea Fishing
    I fish Salmon, Trout, Pike, Carp, Rudd, Tench, Bream, Hybrids, Bass, Whitting, Haddock, Ling, Cod, Pollock, Wrasse, Ray, Shark, Flatties (Flounder, Dab, Plaice, Megrim) :)

Course Fishing
    Rainbows are not a Coarse fish, they are a Game fish and Pike are a Coarse fish, jeez lads you'd think ye'd know what ye'r fishing for!!!
    jkchambers wrote: »
    Rainbows are a game fish ok.
    Pike are in a category of their own with Inland Fisheries Ireland and the Dept. On the Continent pike are listed among game fish.
    Game fish = Salmon, Trout and Char.. Thats it.
    Bizzum wrote: »
    Farmed Salmon fishing..........A fish on every cast:)

Lads lads lads.... why does everything have to end in an argument?

As far as i am concerned pike are a course fish...

Game fishing is not just salmon, sea trout and brownies or char but in this part of the country it is...

Never heard of farmed salmon fishing... But you might be onto something there!!! lol

Pike are in a category of there own with the Inland fishery board because its a money maker so thats why they give them there own little sub category on there page but pike are generally known as a course fish...

iTS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE LADS....

In england where course fishing is massive they are considered a course fish...

Now i know that game fish actually does just not mean salmon, sea trout etc...
    But in the context of the poll i wanted to make it simple...

With regards to zander i am not aware of zander in ireland???

Course Fishing
    I fish Salmon, Trout, Pike, Carp, Rudd, Tench, Bream, Hybrids, Bass, Whitting, Haddock, Ling, Cod, Pollock, Wrasse, Ray, Shark, Flatties (Flounder, Dab, Plaice, Megrim) :)

If i where you one i'd change your name because it against boards.ie rules!

Sea Fishing
    Pike are in a category of there own with the Inland fishery board because its a money maker so thats why they give them there own little sub category on there page but pike are generally known as a course fish...

Not really, the pike get their own page because its very different to coarse fishing. Different tackle, rules, and a differnt skill base.

Course Fishing
    Not really, the pike get their own page because its very different to coarse fishing. Different tackle, rules, and a differnt skill base.

Ya i know but we also have some of the best pike fishing in Europe here... Pike are a predatory fish so thats why the are different to other course fish...

Sea Fishing
    If i where you one i'd change your name because it against boards.ie rules!

1. My name is not against Board rules. I have no topics on this site advertising my company or what I do. Its a username, not a topic!!!

2. Its COARSE, not COURSE. So called because the gentility thought they were a lesser life form than Salmon or Trout and COARSE because it was only the poor people who fished for these species. Nothing to do with being stocked or not. Trout are stocked into many rivers in the UK, for example the Avon, a chalk stream frequented by "purists" such as your good self. Try telling them that their stocked brown trout are a COARSE fish lol
    3. I didnt say Zander are present in Ireland, I was drawing a similarity between Perch and Pike, also COARSE fish and predatory fish who inhabit the same environments, are fished for in much the same way and are categorised as COARSE fish.

Course Fishing
    1. My name is not against Board rules. I have no topics on this site advertising my company or what I do. Its a username, not a topic!!!

2. Its COARSE, not COURSE. So called because the gentility thought they were a lesser life form than Salmon or Trout and COARSE because it was only the poor people who fished for these species. Nothing to do with being stocked or not. Trout are stocked into many rivers in the UK, for example the Avon, a chalk stream frequented by "purists" such as your good self. Try telling them that their stocked brown trout are a COARSE fish lol
    3. I didnt say Zander are present in Ireland, I was drawing a similarity between Perch and Pike, also COARSE fish and predatory fish who inhabit the same environments, are fished for in much the same way and are categorised as COARSE fish.

I THINK YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR COURSE SO! LOL

Course Fishing
    AND THANK GOD GAME FISHING IS WINNING!

Sea Fishing
    I think you'll find I did vote for COARSE :)

• Advertisement

Sea Fishing
    Game anglers are heavily outnumbered in this country by Coarse anglers and even more so by Sea anglers. Regardless what results the poll shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Sea Fishing
    I fish for all species so i would have ticked all rounder if there was an option.

I also cant tell if you are trolling by intentionally mis-spelling coarse. :)

Course Fishing
    Game anglers are heavily outnumbered in this country by Coarse anglers and even more so by Sea anglers. Regardless what results the poll shows.

We might be outnumbered but we the best fishermen... :D

Thats why we have to buy a license... lol

Sea Fishing

Thats why we have to buy a license... lol

of COURSE you are dan, sure we all know that the sun moon an stars shine out of salmon anglers arses... When you can fish for every species that exists in Irish waters at the same level and with the same amount of skill then come back and tell me how good you are. till then youre an AMATEUR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Sea Fishing
    I would 100% consider rainbows a course fish as there are stocked they are not wild,
    What about stocked brownies? Coarse or Game?

Course Fishing
    of COURSE you are dan, sure we all know that the sun moon an stars shine out of salmon anglers arses... When you can fish for every species that exists in Irish waters at the same level and with the same amount of skill then come back and tell me how good you are. till then youre an AMATEUR :)

But i do fish for all species of fish, i love sea angling and there are a way better anglers then me.... i am not the best at anything and tbh i find it despicable they way you just treated me.. conversation finished!:D

Sea Fishing
    Dry your eyes buddy, i found your "we're the best fishermen" comment insulting, you dont see me boo hoo'ing about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

id like to vote, but i can't tick all 3 boxes.

theres nothing better than fly fishing for salmon and trout, except spinning
    for Pollock and bass, but that doesn't compare to dead baiting for pike in
    winter.

im sure theres others out there who like me have no preference for what
    they fish for, just as long as they are fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

C'mon Lads, leave the handbags at home. If you want to debate which fish falls under which category start a new thread. Know your sport

• Advertisement

Sea Fishing

even better than the donegal catch lads? :P

Advertisement