Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I admit the other poll was Bad!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Sea Fishing
    I voted coarse on countback.

Considering my favourite species would be trout, tench, perch, pike, rudd, wrasse i think the majority are coarse so I went for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Course Fishing
    C'mon Lads, leave the handbags at home. If you want to debate which fish falls under which category start a new thread. Know your sport

i WOULD THINK THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WOULD PUT PIKE UNDER COURSE FISHING, I STARTED THIS POLL BECAUSE EVERYONE SAID IN THE LAST POLL TO DO THIS, SO I DID... LOOK I THINK ITS A DECENT POLL BUT THERE ALWAYS IS HANDBAGS BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT KIND OF FISHING... LETS SEE WHO WINS!!

Course Fishing
    even better than the donegal catch lads? :P

Dont start me on donegal catch!!!! thats a whole new debate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sea Fishing
    no favourite. it depends on the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

danbrosnan wrote: »
    i WOULD THINK THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WOULD PUT PIKE UNDER COURSE FISHING, I STARTED THIS POLL BECAUSE EVERYONE SAID IN THE LAST POLL TO DO THIS, SO I DID... LOOK I THINK ITS A DECENT POLL BUT THERE ALWAYS IS HANDBAGS BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT KIND OF FISHING... LETS SEE WHO WINS!!

Fair enough, carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Sea Fishing
    Inland Fisheries Ireland have commissioned a company called TDI to carry out a survey on Irish anglers to obtain such information as what they fish for, how many are members of a club, how often they go fishing, how much they spent on angling etc etc
    It appears that only around 20 % are a member of an angling club. I also hear that most say that they would classify themselves as mainly sea anglers. The latter did surprise me.
    It will be a while yet before results are published.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lakelands Gundog Services

Sea Fishing
    Id be very interested to know how they propose to contact us. Im not surprised about most of them calling themselves Sea anglers though. The amount of registered users on SAI compared to any other forum in Ireland says it all. Its the most accessible fishing for most people. That and any fella that chucks a few mackerel feathers is probably calling himself a sea angler...

Sea Fishing
    Id be very interested to know how they propose to contact us. Im not surprised about most of them calling themselves Sea anglers though. The amount of registered users on SAI compared to any other forum in Ireland says it all. Its the most accessible fishing for most people. That and any fella that chucks a few mackerel feathers is probably calling himself a sea angler...
    I hear that it was a combination of talking to anglers at competitions and house calls. I would imaging that talking to people at competitions that they would only use those interviews to help establish how often they fish, how much they spend etc. It would not be appropriate to ask them what species the fish for or whether they were a member of a club.

Sea Fishing
    I dunno but what I do know is this, I fish more than most of the guys that fish competitions in this country. I spend probably ten times what any normal angler does a year but this is the first time ive even heard about this survey. an I have plenty of angling buddys that are also heavily involved in angling and its never come up in conversation amongst us. so if we're the ones who are spending the most money in the country but yet none of us have ever been surveyed, how good or beneficial is the survey

Course Fishing
    I dunno but what I do know is this, I fish more than most of the guys that fish competitions in this country. I spend probably ten times what any normal angler does a year but this is the first time ive even heard about this survey. an I have plenty of angling buddys that are also heavily involved in angling and its never come up in conversation amongst us. so if we're the ones who are spending the most money in the country but yet none of us have ever been surveyed, how good or beneficial is the survey

Listen you cant make all these accusations, this poll is showing that there is more game anglers so that would suggest to me there are more game anglers on boards.ie....

Now with regards to who spends the most money its a fact that sea anglers do because of the corrosive element of sea fishing...

• Advertisement

Sea Fishing
    IFI have had news of the survey on their website several times www.fisheriesireland.ie
    Its the second down on the left - socio Economic Survey

Sea Fishing
    Listen you cant make all these accusations, this poll is showing that there is more game anglers so that would suggest to me there are more game anglers on boards.ie....

Now with regards to who spends the most money its a fact that sea anglers do because of the corrosive element of sea fishing...

1.What accusations am I making? I havent made a single accusation against anybody.. please enlighten me

2. Your poll has Game ahead by one vote lol its hardly a landslide victory for game and like ive said, regardless of what your poll shows i know the numbers involved and i can say without one shadow of a doubt and without running a poll on boards.ie that sea anglers are the majority with coarse coming in second and game coming in last.

3. I never said sea anglers didnt spend the most money Dan, you seem a little paranoid or you have an inferiority complex or something, must be the kerry air getting to you.. what i said was that me and anglers like me that spend the most money in the country have never been surveyed. It is true that Sea anglers do spend the most money with Coarse again coming in a close second and Game trailing way way way behind in terms of actual money spent. As I fish Game, Coarse and Sea my spend is ridiculous.

Sea Fishing
    !!
    jkchambers wrote: »
    IFI have had news of the survey on their website several times www.fisheriesireland.ie
    Its the second down on the left - socio Economic Survey

I see it. It looks the part in terms of what they say theyre at but like i say, i spend a hell of alot of money and i was never surveyed and my mates spend just as much if not more and they were never surveyed either so theyve missed out on some very important peoples data for their survey. I mean its the usual 20 - 80 break down, 20% of the people spend 80% of the money, 20% of the people catch 80% of the fish and all of the lads i know around ireland would fall into the 20% in terms of time on the bank, money spent etc i would argue that there missing a significant amount of that 20%'s information for the survey. surveying down to 15yr olds as well, how much does a feckin 15yr old contribute to the figures

Course Fishing
    1.What accusations am I making? I havent made a single accusation against anybody.. please enlighten me

2. Your poll has Game ahead by one vote lol its hardly a landslide victory for game and like ive said, regardless of what your poll shows i know the numbers involved and i can say without one shadow of a doubt and without running a poll on boards.ie that sea anglers are the majority with coarse coming in second and game coming in last.

3. I never said sea anglers didnt spend the most money Dan, you seem a little paranoid or you have an inferiority complex or something, must be the kerry air getting to you.. what i said was that me and anglers like me that spend the most money in the country have never been surveyed. It is true that Sea anglers do spend the most money with Coarse again coming in a close second and Game trailing way way way behind in terms of actual money spent. As I fish Game, Coarse and Sea my spend is ridiculous.

I just dont agree with you on any of your opinions thats all...

Sea Fishing
    I just dont agree with you on any of your opinions thats all...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA fair play dan :):) - thats quite alright....

Course Fishing
    Its all square nearly.... Be very interesting to see who wins????

Advertisement