Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amd vs intel

Options
  • 24-09-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi guys
    i am studying games development and i am going to build a new pc in next couple of weeks, just wondering what cpu would be best suited for new pc :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

username86 wrote: »
    hi guys
    i am studying games development and i am going to build a new pc in next couple of weeks, just wondering what cpu would be best suited for new pc :D
    Go have a look around the forum or something, have a look at builds and see what we recommend.

Fill out the form in the stickies also, we can't help you with just that small amount of information

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Fill out this first of all so we have a better idea of what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 username86

1. What is your budget? 1200-1300
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? UDK, 3DS MAX, GAMING
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? yes
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no
    5. Do you need a monitor? no
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? no
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? maybe
    8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser
    9. When are you purchasing? 14 days

would like corsair obsidian series 650 D case and intel liquid cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I'm dead busy all day tomorrow so I won't be able to throw up a build until tomorrow evening :-/.

If anyone else wants to help this gentleman out in the meantime you're more than welcome.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Game dev? Intel i7 and nVidia all the way IMO. Multithreading, Kepler, CUDA, PhysX... AMD is a more cost effective option for guys that are purely gaming, but for us devs, gotta bite that bullet.

Also if this is your first build and you are not overclocking the i7, consider skipping out the water cooling. It is tricky and expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement