Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenue - Irish Tax, Customs and ****.

• 24-09-2012 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Lads and Ladies.
    I received an oul' litter anseo sa post box this morning informing me that a pair of headphones I purchased on the line have been detained at Dublin Airport as they may or may not be counterfeit goods. Now I may or may not have been aware of this upon purchase, so this is hardly justice??? They say they are going destroy them. Ah lads, what is this all about? I'm hardly buying in bulk and trying to sell them off. I've lost 22 euro because of this tomfoolery. Why are they not noting the seller and blocking all post from him, then sending me on me goods. Half these lads up there probably have there Ipods loaded with music which may or may not be downloaded via the piratebay. Let's be fair. I doubt the law is being dealt out by more than ideal citizens. At the end of the day, I feel I'm being prosecuted for the sellers crime. It's a great hairy ballsack of ****e. Here's what I have to say to... ********************************************************************
    I say we storm the customs office to free the Irish Nation of these headphone detaining warlocks.
    How am I gonna look cool on campus without my Beats?
    Peace Out.... YOLO.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

...I feel I'm being prosecuted for the sellers crime....
    You're not being prosecuted for anything.
    I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Peace Out.... YOLO.
    Actually, maybe you won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Beats headphones? YOLO?

I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I feel your pain brah, at least you got your fleshlight through! Its a pity they tested it out for you first :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I skimmed to the end of your post to see how long it was before I decided whether to read it or not. And then I saw this.......
    .... YOLO.
    .......and decided to never read any of your posts again.
    Good day to you Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€22 Beats = fake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

€22 Beats = fake

€22 Beats = Peats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

They done you a favour OP, people that wear beats are usually dickheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

benwavner wrote: »
    €22 Beats = Peats

Probably come from the same factory, made using the same materials, in the same way by the same people as the real thing. Tis the well known '4th shift'. Serves western companies right I suppose for outsourcing to Chinese savages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Better, beats suck and are overpriced muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

o1s1n wrote: »
    Beats headphones? YOLO?

I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

You'll have to speak up. I'm wearing a towel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Lads and Ladies.
    I received an oul' litter anseo sa post box this morning

Someone put litter in your post box this morning...?
    The Ba5tards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

I say we storm the customs office to free the Irish Nation of these headphone detaining warlocks.

Done. Everything's already been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

Lads and Ladies.
    I received an oul' litter anseo sa post box this morning informing me that a pair of headphones I purchased on the line have been detained at Dublin Airport as they may or may not be counterfeit goods. Now I may or may not have been aware of this upon purchase, so this is hardly justice??? They say they are going destroy them. Ah lads, what is this all about? I'm hardly buying in bulk and trying to sell them off. I've lost 22 euro because of this tomfoolery. Why are they not noting the seller and blocking all post from him, then sending me on me goods. Half these lads up there probably have there Ipods loaded with music which may or may not be downloaded via the piratebay. Let's be fair. I doubt the law is being dealt out by more than ideal citizens. At the end of the day, I feel I'm being prosecuted for the sellers crime. It's a great hairy ballsack of ****e. Here's what I have to say to... ********************************************************************
    Peace Out.... YOLO.
    No symapthy at all for you, you took a chance and got caught-tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

€22 Beats = Peats

Peats = Gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Confab wrote: »
    €22 Beats = Peats

Peats = Gone.

Again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

Confab wrote: »
    €22 Beats = Peats

Peats = Gone.

There's one open in rathmines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

They are still in Parnell Street and Rathmines, the other branches closed.

Anywhoo, yes Beats are poor in terms of what you spend on them. Spend the same amount on an 'uncool' set of Sennheisers and you'll have far superior sound quality.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Why are they not noting the seller and blocking all post from him
    Maybe that's exactly what they are doing, and that's why you're not getting your crappy imitations of crappy headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Raic

I actually can't believe how many people don't seem to realise this lad is taking the absolute piss.

**edit
    He's just a poor lad who wants to get his swag on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I'll let you in on a secret OP

If i saw you on campus walking past with beats headphones, i wouldnt consider you cool or uncool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

There's a lot of fake hello kitty gear doin the rounds .
    Customs are just doin their job .
    Plus it's rainin can't be dippin ambulances for green diesel in that weather ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭timsnewbridge

Raic wrote: »
    I actually can't believe how many people don't seem to realise this lad is taking the absolute piss.

**edit
    He's just a poor lad who wants to get his swag on.

Raic's right, just kidding bro's. No but seriously I was just trying to get my SWAG on.
    YOLO.
    Any ways, I think I can sort this out. It appears posters in this thread have had a recently deceased cousin in central Africa. He has left behind a rather large lump sum of 1000000000000 central African dollars. I can forward the money on but in order to remove the block on the account I will require a small investment of 22 euro from all posters. 30 - 40 days is needed to process the transaction. BE WARY. Due to customs your money may be detained in Dublin Airport indefinitely. I look forward to your replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Troll somewhere else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement