Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB device not recognised!Windows XP

• 24-09-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Keep trying to get a media player to link up with my laptop.Anyway,long story short,it was previously connected to the laptop,but that was a few months ago.Its now tellin me "USB NOT RECOGNISED",but only on d media player.Other USB devices work fine.Ive tried goin into device manager & deletin the drives,restarted the computer,reinstalled the drives etc but still no luck!

Also tried all ports & restarting,letting the battery die,forced windows update to see if there were any driver updates etc

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What is the media player? Have you downloaded specific drivers for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RidesLikeRossi

What is the media player? Have you downloaded specific drivers for it?

It's an iomega screenplay.Didnt have to download a driver for it to work before,just plug in and go.Any idea where I could get a driver update from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's an iomega screenplay.Didnt have to download a driver for it to work before,just plug in and go.Any idea where I could get a driver update from?

You're going to have to google around, check the iomega site.

Have you tried it in any other machines?

Advertisement