Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop problem !

• 24-09-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have a Dell Studio Laptop running Windows 7 - Professional. When I start it up all is normal but when I type in my password and press <enter> I get a glimpse of my desktop and a white sreen appears with the message " The program can not open the web page....." and I can not navigate away from the page and am forced to switch the laptop off.

I have tried pressing <F8> at start up to run a system restore but the command is ignored and it proceeds to open windows and request my password and I am back to square one again. Had no earlier problems with the laptop and it has an up to date MC Fee antivirus installed. Any advice please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Can you boot into safe mode from "F8"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trulite

No. The F8 command does not take effect and it continues to start windows and request my password !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Then you're doing it wrong... ;)

Keep tapping F8 rapidly at the POST screen before Windows kicks in.

Advertisement