Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good place/bar watch match

Options
  • 24-09-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Am up in dublin for the weekend. Want to watch the hurling final on sunday. am staying in the carlton in blanchardstown and am gona drive back limerick after match. Was just wondering where would be good place to watch the match where I won't get caught in lots of traffic after. Will be on my own and shouting for galway so somewhere where appropriate for both of those! thxs in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the hotel bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

The Woolshed on Parnell St is absolutely brilliant for watching matches...it even has tiered seating to give it a stadium feel! Huuuge screens.

I've only ever watched rugby in there tho...not sure what the atmosphere would be like for the GAA...

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I have a few yank friends over for a few weeks, was looking for a good spot with a bit of a buzz too to show it to them. Woolshed is always uncomfortably packed for big matches so do not think that would be that great. Anyone know of a pub with a strong Kilkenny/Galway contingent?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

There isn't any good bars near the Carlton, you could just jump on the train and get off in Drumcondra there is about 8 bars within walking distance of the train station. You can be on the train straight after the match as Irish Rail put on specials on match day and you will be in Castleknock in 20 mins.

All will be very busy for the match, I will be in Croker chearing on the Dublin minors followed by Galway.

You could also chance your arm going up to Peregrines Gaa Club, few minutes from the Carlton to watch the match they have a great bar there. Outside of that the Bell in Blanchardstown Village might be another runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Woolie and Living Room in City Centre, you just have to get there early and make a day of it.

Though tbh, Des is right in saying the Hotel Bar. No point heading in from Blanch to the City Centre just to watch a match in a bar. You're only gonna stress yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement