Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini vapemeet - carlow

Options
  • 25-09-2012 12:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

so plans are afoot to have a vapemeet in carlow on the 6th (maybe the seventh.. but people seem to be gelling around the 6th) of october, first saturday of the month

its not going to be anything fancy like vapemeet, if vendors wnat to come and bring stuff that's up to them but like.. there'll be no room for stalls or anything

itll just be vapers meeting up for a few drinks (non alcoholic if you're driving, naturally) and maybe some food or something

preliminary plans are noonish to some time early evening.. 7 or 8 maybe
    once it hits 9 the town will start filling up with students/drunks and while people are more than welcome to stay out.. I'll be buggering off home :)

it's not an overnight deal, pretty much just.. come down in the morning/afternoon.. hang out, head home in the evening but considering most of vapefest was spent just hanging out chatting to people it should be a bit of fun

there'll be no workshops or anything but anywhere more than e vapers get together some twat breaks out a rebuildable so if you're thinking of coming and are having trouble with a dripper or a tank rebuildable, bring it along and the brain trust can try and break it

no idea on a venue yet but just about every pub in carlow has a big covered (practically indoor) smoking area so even if no one lets us vape indoors we'll be able to chill out in a smoking area in one of carlows many fine alcohol addiction centres. I'm going to wander around town tomorrow and ask a few places if they'd be cool with a small/large crowd of vapers turning up on a saturday afternoon and spending money in their establishment.

leave a shout in here if you think you'll be coming along. like i said it's nothing formal, nothing fancy. just an afternoon out in Irelands second capital.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

might be able to make it. am back from denmark that morning so depending on how wrecked i am i might go or not

also 5th is the friday and 6th is the saturday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Don't forget to mention the wall! (sneak peek ---> here) I'm told it's one of the main reasons to visit Carlow. That and the pubs and the Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Can't make it that weekend but may have to invade Carlow some other time. That wall sounds too good to resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Vape meet in Carlow on the 6th or pay deposit on Glastonbury tickets on the 7th...

daddy-vs-chipsV2copy.jpg

• Advertisement

lol

how much money you planning on spending at the vapemeet?!

lol

how much money you planning on spending at the vapemeet?!

For the 478km round trip i'll need the following: Juice (petrol not e-liquid), alcoholic beverage's, a kebab, panadol, hot chicken roll and a bottle of lucozade sport so around €125

2 x £50 deposits for Glastonbury = £100 or €125.69

Decisions decisions.......

ye gods

no busses from cork to carlow? :)

Turns out there is via waterford :P

Only problem is that a return ticket is costing €35 each and taking 6 hours 50 minutes each way.

I would rather roll balls naked through thistles, nettles and hedgehogs for 478km then spend €35 to sit on a bus for 13 hours and 40 minutes!

hehe yeah I checked it after I posted.. 36 quid, jesus christ and 13 hours... ye, noweh

train costs 60 but is only six hours all in... guess its not really worth it when you consider how much simpler it is to just drive

man, travel is expensive.

if you can get a lift up on the thurs/fri beforehand you can crash at mine until the vapemeet if you want :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Elbow wrote: »
    I would rather roll balls naked through thistles, nettles and hedgehogs for 478km
    Sounds very painful, I would like to do that to the politicians if they do the dirty on us.

hehe yeah I checked it after I posted.. 36 quid, jesus christ and 13 hours... ye, noweh

train costs 60 but is only six hours all in... guess its not really worth it when you consider how much simpler it is to just drive

man, travel is expensive.

if you can get a lift up on the thurs/fri beforehand you can crash at mine until the vapemeet if you want :)

Train would would end up costing nearly €100 by the time i'd have driven to cork and paid for parking for the night, car by far the cheapest and quickest option :D

Cheers for the offer but one of herself's friends is living right behind tully's and I presume if I say i'm going to Carlow herself will want to come so i should have a bed for the night (Haven't asked or anything but I persume there'll be no problem considering they moved in with us for a week in july :p)

hah, right behind tullys?
    how delightfully loud I'm sure that is

hah, right behind tullys?
    how delightfully loud I'm sure that is

Ya pretty much, if you look out their kitchen window your looking at the back wall of tullys beer garden :D

next time i'm out drunk in town i'm going to wander down that street shouting 'which one of you knows elbow'

this going ahead?

i dunno

doesn't seem to be much interest...

Thats a pity, more time to play my ps3 so :D

actually.. this almost definitely isn't going ahead

doing the budget for this week I realised I have 50 quid altogether :) can't afford to spend an afternoon in town, still need to get food and stuff out of that 50

I guess the lesson learned here is it's a good thing I didn't try to organise vapefest

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I was interested, but don't think I could have made it this weekend anyway.

• Advertisement

yeah, might have been too close a date

maybe somebody who isn't a hopeless ****up will organise one for november :)

should give people plenty of time to sort stuff out

Advertisement