Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danny Dyer... because he just is

• 25-09-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Found this on Facebook today and felt it worthy of a share.

Couldnt see the point of why someone would go to the trouble but i get it now after watching Deadliest Men.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

He's not a bad actor... He just plays the exact same role all the time. He's good at what he does - play the cockney, drunk/druggy. I personally don't mind him at all and I've enjoyed a few of his films.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Dude has made alot of movies....shiite, but alot none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

Its the exact same role. Your dead right.

My friends use this line when describing some recent Vince Vaughn, awful movies.

'Vince Vaughn was in it, doing a really good Vince Vaughn impression.'

Same with Danny Dyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He's typecast really. Needs the break out into a different direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I watched a few reruns of him presenting 'Britians Deadliest Men' or some thing like that.

He's a pain to watch, he stayed on a traveller camp site for a few days, with Paddy Doherty, he made it out like he was staying with Osama Bin Ladin, Sadam Hussaine and Gadaffi, he was that 'bricking it'.

So stupidly over dramatic but watchable in a comical kind of way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Never understood how Dyer could annoy someone so much, he is amusing fodder, hardly someone to get worked up about one way or the other :) Needs to do a couple of different character roles to gain a bit of cred as an actor, he is actually good at the role he plays, i.e the business was entertaining, as was Human Traffic, but something different would be nice for a change, not a bad bloke either from my own personal encounters with him.

From the man himself, he says, he has a young family and the job is not a secure one, he gets offered plenty of roles that he knows are ****e and he has to choose based on what helps make sure he can put food on the table and keep a roof over their heads. Cant judge him too harshly for that really

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Deadliest Men, was good. And its participants erm.. entertaining, not so much danny dyer but he played his part.

Advertisement