Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smashed screen ( glass broken)

• 25-09-2012 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Well probably hear it all time but was basically runnin from finishing work and iPhone4 dropped and screen smashed but still useable just bit of glass gone an cracks all over it but can see the screen actually typin this off it
    How much should I expect to pay for new one
    Was told bout €55 up in the square tallaght in Chinese owners shop beside meteor
    Is that bout right an how long would I be waitin as I'd be in work and need my phone to know what time to collect my daughter from play school
    It's a pay as you go aswell so no insurance
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

55 is cheap. Anywhere from 70 upto 120+ seems to be the going rate and usually you can get it done within an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Hi There,

I do iPhone repairs, but only for friends. I just want to warn you, I have seen a couple of iPhones that have been "repaired" by Chinese shops, they take little to no care in doing it, on more than one occasion I have opened up the phone and there were screws missing, loose and bits broken off. Plus they use the cheapest knock off screens, there is no oleophobic coating which mean you get smudge marks all over the phone and there is a lot of colour bleed (you notice it when the facebook spash screen is showing).

A girl has hers fixed there and she came to me about 2 weeks later and my god the phone was an absolute mess, the glue connecting the screen to the glass had come off there was a lose screw rattling around inside and there were scuff mark all over the parts, the also has ripped out all the connector covers but didn't put them back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'd recommend paying the higher(as long as its better, so to speak) a year or so ago, I dropped my ipod and found someone to repair it for 30 euro, when I got it back the screen was fixed bit shaky, and the sound wasn't working anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

kjl wrote: »
    Hi There,

I do iPhone repairs, but only for friends. I just want to warn you, I have seen a couple of iPhones that have been "repaired" by Chinese shops, they take little to no care in doing it, on more than one occasion I have opened up the phone and there were screws missing, loose and bits broken off. Plus they use the cheapest knock off screens, there is no oleophobic coating which mean you get smudge marks all over the phone and there is a lot of colour bleed (you notice it when the facebook spash screen is showing).

A girl has hers fixed there and she came to me about 2 weeks later and my god the phone was an absolute mess, the glue connecting the screen to the glass had come off there was a lose screw rattling around inside and there were scuff mark all over the parts, the also has ripped out all the connector covers but didn't put them back in.

You forgot to say "I'm not racist, but..."

subway wrote: »
    You forgot to say "I'm not racist, but..."

How am I being racist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hi There,

Thanks for replying
    Are they dodgy to go to
    The girl said I'd have it back in hour an half what's best way to check it to ensure its back properly also my speaker isn't exactly loud compared to my sisters iPhone an was gonna ask them to check it
    Thanks again

Thanks for replying
    Are they dodgy to go to
    The girl said I'd have it back in hour an half what's best way to check it to ensure its back properly also my speaker isn't exactly loud compared to my sisters iPhone an was gonna ask them to check it
    Thanks again

well the first thing I would do is make a call, hold you finger over the light sensor, if the screen doesn't go black they need to do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

How am I being racist?

Because you are suggesting any Chinese phone repair shop is useless based on 2 experiences

Advertisement