Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which GC setup is the best?

Options
  • 25-09-2012 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Which is better:

2 x GTX560 Ti 1GB 900MHz - SLI

or

1 x GTX660-DC2-2GD5 2GB 980MHz

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

are you comparing cost for cost? Performance for Performance?

IMO a single card solution beats twin cards. Twin cards only boost performance when you really want to spend a bit more money.

Comes down to really weighing the costs of options which will truly double, or at least give you the same increases in performance. eg., look at the GTX 680, vs 2x GTX 560 Ti's in SLI. These two options should be similar in cost, similar in performance, but the SLI will generate more heat and produce more, if infrequent, driver issues but that also includes having to rely on persistent updates from nvidia to keep your SLI profiles for new gaming titles current.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Overheal wrote: »
    are you comparing cost for cost? Performance for Performance?

IMO a single card solution beats twin cards. Twin cards only boost performance when you really want to spend a bit more money.
    I was comparing performance. I have a GTX560 Ti already and was going to purchase another for SLI and seeing as there's not much of a difference in price between the 560 & 660 I was wanting to know which would be better.

From what I read yesterday I'm better going for a GTX660 than the 560 in SLI, not really much to be gained in performance, as you rightly said there's the heat issue and also bottleneck issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I was comparing performance. I have a GTX560 Ti already and was going to purchase another for SLI and seeing as there's not much of a difference in price between the 560 & 660 I was wanting to know which would be better.

From what I read yesterday I'm better going for a GTX660 than the 560 in SLI, not really much to be gained in performance, as you rightly said there's the heat issue and also bottleneck issues.

Just the issue I was having. Have a look at this:
    http://youtu.be/d0dceohh3Fk

Took most of my doubts away. By the way - I am staying with GTX 560Ti.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    Just the issue I was having. Have a look at this:
    http://youtu.be/d0dceohh3Fk

Took most of my doubts away. By the way - I am staying with GTX 560Ti.

Very helpful video, thanks.

GTX660 it is then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Very helpful video, thanks.

GTX660 it is then :pac:

You lucky ba$... :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement