Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contract between parties A,B,C,D

• 25-09-2012 8:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭

This is not an actual instance, just a question posed at work for the heck of it.

If A bought a house of B(Builder).

B employed C (Tradesman) for supply and install of say plumbing.

C bought all materials from D(Merchant).

Now, C never paid D in full and out of business. D had looked for money or as noted on invoice materials returned.

C has already installed materials in B's house.

B has already sold house to A. Deeds etc in the bank safe.

Has D any recourse to recover possible items from A now.

My thinking is that D had contract with C and not A/B so any and all liability lay with C. Once he was liquidated all "liabilities" rest with that.
    B hired C regardless but moreover B sold house to A with completed deeds now so basically D has no rights whatsoever to enter onto A's property without permission to ring a doorbell no mind recover items not paid for by C????

Just curious as to how this may play out in a real life situation. I'm sure it's repeated time over in the current climate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Krispie wrote: »
    This is not an actual instance, just a question posed at work for the heck of it.

If A bought a house of B(Builder).

B employed C (Tradesman) for supply and install of say plumbing.

C bought all materials from D(Merchant).

Now, C never paid D in full and out of business. D had looked for money or as noted on invoice materials returned.

C has already installed materials in B's house.

B has already sold house to A. Deeds etc in the bank safe.

Has D any recourse to recover possible items from A now.

My thinking is that D had contract with C and not A/B so any and all liability lay with C. Once he was liquidated all "liabilities" rest with that.
    B hired C regardless but moreover B sold house to A with completed deeds now so basically D has no rights whatsoever to enter onto A's property without permission to ring a doorbell no mind recover items not paid for by C????

Just curious as to how this may play out in a real life situation. I'm sure it's repeated time over in the current climate.

Privity makes my head hurt. Would superficies solo credit have any part to play in this type of scenario?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

They can ring the doorbell as theres an implied right to approach someones door but the main answer is absolutely not. No recourse at all in that situation.

Advertisement