Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit union loan

Options
  • 25-09-2012 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm lookin to get a new laptop and was thinking of getting a loan from cu for it. My acc balance is around 7k however I have never put money into it bar one lodgement about 4 months ago which I have been drawing from since ( to get finances in order).

I'll be looking for 1 to 2k depending on the laptop. Would I be able to get this with them freezing whatever I get from my balance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

gufc21 wrote: »
    Hi I'm lookin to get a new laptop and was thinking of getting a loan from cu for it. My acc balance is around 7k however I have never put money into it bar one lodgement about 4 months ago which I have been drawing from since ( to get finances in order).

I'll be looking for 1 to 2k depending on the laptop. Would I be able to get this with them freezing whatever I get from my balance?

Why don't you just withdraw from your account and pay for it with that? Paying high loan interest whilst you have money on deposit at a much lower rate is a route to the poor house long term

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭Guffy

sorry never got back on this but thanks man, took your advice and putting what I would have been paying back on load into the savings account.

Advertisement