Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Fix electric

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

the mains interconnected smoke alarms can also be linked to intruder alarm via a relay base and send a text message

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

I am just starting second fix on my own build and for the TV points I would ensure a minimum of 3 cat6 runs from your central location to each tv point for HD TV distribution, 2 for the HD signal and 1 for TV to get on your home network.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mcorriga

manufan16 wrote: »
    I am just starting second fix on my own build and for the TV points I would ensure a minimum of 3 cat6 runs from your central location to each tv point for HD TV distribution, 2 for the HD signal and 1 for TV to get on your home network.

Hi Manufan, why do you need 2 Cat6 for a HD signal.....also most TV's only have one CAT6 input so dont know how you can combine these...

can you explain your setup to me..

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Mcorriga wrote: »
    Hi Manufan, why do you need 2 Cat6 for a HD signal.....also most TV's only have one CAT6 input so dont know how you can combine these...

Thanks

You can effectively make a very long HMDI cable by using 2 CAT6 cables.
    This is handy if you want to send HD TV around your home.

Mcorriga wrote: »

Thanks

I have some long runs in my house from central location understairs to tv points and after some research a HDMI Matrix seems to be the best solution to carry the HD signal throughout house without risk of losing quality.

I will be buying a HDMI matrix - something similar to this http://www.tmfsolutions.co.uk/Octava_HDMX44CAT.htm
    sky box , xbox , media player etc under stairs will plug into this matrix which will send the HD signal with IR control over the cat6 runs to my tv points where there will be another small receiver that then feeds the signal to the tv.

• Advertisement

This site has different types of matrix to suit different set ups with connection diagrams to see how they connect.
    Iv no connection to either links posted.
    http://www.hdconnectivity.com/matrix.html

Advertisement