Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progression from Level 8 Degree to level 8 H.Dip.

Options
  • 25-09-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Mod note: OP I gave you a new thread as the one you asked your question on was quite old.

Question: Is it possible to get BTEA for progression from a level 8 degree to a level 8 H.Dip

Ive already started the course and paid fees etc and been denied BTEA. the facilitator in my local office also built the hdip into my progression plan! its a mess! panicking here so any light you can shed would be very much appreciated.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I cant understand why they denied BTEA for the H.Dip. It is covered in the BTEA regulations:
    Postgraduate courses

You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline or a Graduate Diploma in Education (primary and secondary teaching). Other types of postgraduate qualifications are not recognised for BTEA.

You will not get BTEA if you already have a postgraduate qualification.

Taken from the Dept of Social Protection website: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/BackToEducation/Pages/ThirdLevelOption.aspx

So unless you already have a post grad qualification or your course is higher than a level 8 H.Dip you should have been eligible for the BTEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Katie Kaboom

Mod note: OP I gave you a new thread as the one you asked your question on was quite old.

Question: Is it possible to get BTEA for progression from a level 8 degree to a level 8 H.Dip

Ive already started the course and paid fees etc and been denied BTEA. the facilitator in my local office also built the hdip into my progression plan! its a mess! panicking here so any light you can shed would be very much appreciated.
    thanks

They can't have denied you BTEA because you were not progressing, did they? Cause I have just gotten BTEA going from a level 8 degree to a level 8 H.Dip.

Advertisement