Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question

Options
  • 25-09-2012 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi, just started E Cigs and find them brilliant as have not smoked in five days now and do not feel the need to, i was to my shame smoking nearly 30 marlboro lights per day so my question is to do with nicotine volumes.

I am using 18 mg usa mix which i find nice and has a good kick to it throat wise but it does seem very strong sometimes, is this too strong? as i have read there is 0.5 mg of nicotine in each marlboro light so am i over dosing?

Can someone recommend something for me or give some advice?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you find it too strong just order some 12mg, or try to vape less

you'll know when you take too much nicotine, you'll get jittery.. might get a headache but it wont last too long.. it'll be kinda like if you have to much caffeine in a short period of time

cigarettes are more efficient at delivering nicotine so it's really difficult to do a direct comparison between the nic in a cigarette and in a ml of juice, you just have to feel it out for yourself when you've vaped enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

if you find it too strong just order some 12mg, or try to vape less

you'll know when you take too much nicotine, you'll get jittery.. might get a headache but it wont last too long.. it'll be kinda like if you have to much caffeine in a short period of time

cigarettes are more efficient at delivering nicotine so it's really difficult to do a direct comparison between the nic in a cigarette and in a ml of juice, you just have to feel it out for yourself when you've vaped enough

Will do that so, thanks alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I vape that 12 ml stuff myself. I would buy some even lower nicotine strength eliquids but most on sale are either 12 or 18 ml strength I think.

I bought some DIY mix your own eliquid stuff and you can mix your own level of nicotine strength in that. I kinda like having a really low nicotine level vape for the evenings especially.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

I also started out on 18mg USA Mix and found it was too strong (I used to smoke about 20 rollies a day) especially considering the fact that I like to chain-smoke while boozing. I got Nicotine headaches pretty often with that 18mg stuff.

I got a 12mg juice yesterday... Liqua "Bright Tobacco". Grand so far. Doesn't taste like tobacco btw! But it'll do.

illicit007 wrote: »
    I vape that 12 ml stuff myself. I would buy some even lower nicotine strength eliquids but most on sale are either 12 or 18 ml strength I think.

I bought some DIY mix your own eliquid stuff and you can mix your own level of nicotine strength in that. I kinda like having a really low nicotine level vape for the evenings especially.

Thanks for the advice, am going to spend a few hours studying the different methods with liquids etc and mixing as i am a complete novice to it all. im positive ill find something that suits me in the end, cant believe how good e cigs are.

• Advertisement

Allah_ wrote: »
    I also started out on 18mg USA Mix and found it was too strong (I used to smoke about 20 rollies a day) especially considering the fact that I like to chain-smoke while boozing. I got Nicotine headaches pretty often with that 18mg stuff.

I got a 12mg juice yesterday... Liqua "Bright Tobacco". Grand so far. Doesn't taste like tobacco btw! But it'll do.

Yeah its strange sometimes its fine and then other time its really strong like lung hurting strong if that makes sense, ill try the 12 mg and see how i get on, thanks for the advice.

what ecig are you using?

is it possible you're letting it run too dry? that can be harsh as hell

what ecig are you using?

is it possible you're letting it run too dry? that can be harsh as hell

Its an ego-t, it does happen when i just fill the tank also?

could be a wicking issue I guess

try taking a short sharp puff with your finger off the battery buton before you take a proper drag. the juice might not be travelling quick enough down to the atomiser coil

could be a wicking issue I guess

try taking a short sharp puff with your finger off the battery buton before you take a proper drag. the juice might not be travelling quick enough down to the atomiser coil

Thanks man will try that and maybe thats what it is as ive been vaping away for the last few hours no problem.

Thanks to all for the helpful advice.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement